We lost this game tactically

Guest gaurav_indian
Anybody who saw the game v West Indies will agree that India are going places - going home that is. A performance lacking in any desire or intensity was punished easily by a West Indies team that strolled to victory. India are short in many areas at the moment. The batting is vulnerable. The openers do not convince and the middle order is very rusty with little time spent batting out in the middle. Dhoni trying to be a poor man's Dravid at 3 has weakened the team more that he realises. The bowling is weak. Just does not look like taking many wickets and leak runs at will. Against Bang and Ire runs were given away at the start and end of the innings. Today the Windies upped the tempo during the middle and India could not keep up. Sharma is not a T20 player and his radar is all over the place. Khan looks overweight and is very slooow in the field. Singh cannot buy a wicket. The fielding is nothing to write home about. Ian Bishop during commentary said India have 3 very good fielders and the rest are ordinary. There are plenty of areas for the opposing team to target for easy runs. Some of the misfields today were shocking. When you add this up it does not equal success. India are just not at the party with the right attitude and will soon be relinquishing their WT20 crown.
Are you from Times of india?:omg:

So basically no credit to WI for playing good cricket and making us pay for poor cricket we played, this is just silly by the way the same team won this cup last time around unless you feel joginder over raina and yusuf over uttapa made a better team.

So basically no credit to WI for playing good cricket and making us pay for poor cricket we played' date=' this is just silly by the way the same team won this cup last time around unless you feel joginder over raina and yusuf over uttapa made a better team.[/quote'] ++. Their fielding was topclass (notwithstanding the dropped catches), bowling was amazing, and Bravo and Simmons planned the chase to perfection. They outplayed us in all aspects of the game.
They outplayed us in all aspects of the game.
exactly, WI knocked out aussies , they arent BD or Ireland; it was a great game of cricket better team won. Of late we have been winning so much that its spoilt us fans. If one loss hurts ppl so bad wonder how players would be feeling, even last time we lost to NZ then had to win both games which we did and we again will.

I don't know what game you were watching but India after being in a state of huge bother turned it around. India showed a lot of fight with the bat and ball after the initial hiccups. Sure the result wasn't that encouraging but you have to appreciate India put in their best effort after being in a mess.

Lack of practice? There was always a worry that if India's top order failed to perform the rest are doomed considering the little amount of practice they've had going into the super 8's. I think we missed a trick against Ireland, where Dhoni had won the toss and had the opportunity to bat first and allow some of the other players who haven't had a bat to get some time in the middle. Also something which was mentioned in the press conference after the match about how India don't really do any practice before the match as opposed to other teams. The whole West Indies team were out using the nets before the game. For India, Jadeja, Ojha, P Kumar and someone were practising. P Kumar was practising BATTING and so was Ojha. Now that sends a message of either over-confidence or just not being bothered. Though its not as easy for Indian players to be using the Nursery ground at Lords because there would be chaos with the fans.

I think India did brilliantly to reach 150 odd in the end. I think had Yuvi stayed, 170 would have been reached and therein would have been a different game altogether. I do think the pitch suited WI more with their 90+ mph bowlers who bowled with brilliant hostility early on. I do think that opening the bowling with Irfan Pathan, a shadow of his 2004-self, rather than RP Singh (who is a very good bowler and should have played) or Ishant Sharma, sended out the wrong signal on that wicket. Zaheer looked as though he is taking some time to get back to form post-injury and Ishant Sharma was strangely off-colour. Me and my good Indian friend were talking and he said that Sharma was not a good selection for 20-20- that was before match. It really was not a surprise for me that India lost this match for WI are dangerous and they had the right bowlers for this wicket. I back India to bounce back v England and SA, but I really think the opening bowling combination needs re-assessing. I feel that Khan and Sharma should start with RP Singh first change. I Pathan is of no use to the team. Hassan's India team for England and SA Gambhir, R Sharma, Raina, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Y Pathan, H Singh, Khan, Sharma, Ojha, RP Singh I would back those top 7 unconditionally and the bowlers to do the job

There was always a worry that if India's top order failed to perform the rest are doomed considering the little amount of practice they've had going into the super 8's. I think we missed a trick against Ireland, where Dhoni had won the toss and had the opportunity to bat first and allow some of the other players who haven't had a bat to get some time in the middle. .
Yes, sarpanch dhoni missed the trick - should have let others get some batting practice. Many posts in ICF already stated that after Ireland match.

Someone told me India missed a trick by not making Sachin Tendulkar the replacement. It may seem strange but look at this way. All the other teams would be spending quite a bit of time planning on how to get him or to restrict him. But most likely he won't be required and he won't play. So while they spend time on planning about him, they spend less time on the others who will actually be playing.

Lack of practice or not the top order wilted under the sharp, quick and intimidating bowling. Honestly Indian top order had no answer to the fiery bowling of Edwards and Taylor. Raina looked extremely uncomfortable against Taylor and Edwards. Gambhir could have handled it better but he was out to a freakish catch. There was good bounce in the pitch and WI bowlers exploited it.

Practice or no practice , the pace and bounce did in the indian top order. That is almost always the problem with players of short height. Fidel was constantly bowling 144+ and a couple above 150 Ks and to add to that there was considerabl;e bounce in the pitch. Rohit and raina need to practice batting against bouncy stuff. Gambhir and dhoni need to practice hitting in general. And that has to be over a long term period.

I think India did brilliantly to reach 150 odd in the end. I think had Yuvi stayed, 170 would have been reached and therein would have been a different game altogether. I do think the pitch suited WI more with their 90+ mph bowlers who bowled with brilliant hostility early on. I do think that opening the bowling with Irfan Pathan, a shadow of his 2004-self, rather than RP Singh (who is a very good bowler and should have played) or Ishant Sharma, sended out the wrong signal on that wicket. Zaheer looked as though he is taking some time to get back to form post-injury and Ishant Sharma was strangely off-colour. Me and my good Indian friend were talking and he said that Sharma was not a good selection for 20-20- that was before match. It really was not a surprise for me that India lost this match for WI are dangerous and they had the right bowlers for this wicket. I back India to bounce back v England and SA, but I really think the opening bowling combination needs re-assessing. I feel that Khan and Sharma should start with RP Singh first change. I Pathan is of no use to the team. Hassan's India team for England and SA Gambhir, R Sharma, Raina, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Y Pathan, H Singh, Khan, Sharma, Ojha, RP Singh I would back those top 7 unconditionally and the bowlers to do the job
good analysis ! Its a good idea to include RP for IKP but we have enough bowlers in the side so IKP's batting can be useful and hence it should be I Sharma who should sit out not IKP