Indian batting while setting targets in T20

218/4 vs England Gambhir 58, Sehwag 68, Yuvraj 58(16) 188/5 vs OZ Yuvraj 70(30) 180/5 vs BD Gambhir 50, Yuvraj 41(18) 162/8 vs NZ Raina 61(43) 157/5 vs Pakistan Gambhir 75(54) 153/5 vs SA Rohit 50(40) 153/7 vs WI Yuvraj 67(43) 149/6 vs NZ Yuvraj 50(34) 141/9 vs Pakistan Uthappa 50(39) Following is the batting of Indians while setting a target. As you can see India largely depends on Gambhir and Yuvraj. Others chip in. But not very consistent. I think it is time to rethink our strategy about setting targets. INDIAN BATSMEN WHILE BATTING FIRST 3446ouv.png

we should NOT bat first at all if we win the toss against england.setting targets is very tricky and now we have to bring our NRR back up.I would bowl first and restrict england and knock off the target as quickly as possible-ofcourse this is the common sense thing to do so i expect the opposite.

India needs to get over "Fear of failure" and the pressure to win when batting first. That is when they can play their 'A' game. If the top order gets off to a good start, expect India to do the unimaginable. On the other hand if a few wickets fall at the top expect them to falter.