Pakistan reported for ball tampering?

Guest gaurav_indian

Guest gaurav_indian

Pakistan reported for ball tampering?

LONDON: Three years becoming the first team in world cricket to forfeit a Test after being accused of ball-tampering, Pakistan are once again at the centre of a brewing controversy. 'The News' learnt here on Sunday that New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori was unhappy with the state of the ball as Pakistan pacer Umar Gul took 5-6 in three overs to lead his side to an emphatic six-wicket triumph in an ICC World Twenty20 Super Eights match here at the Oval on Saturday. According to sources, after the game Vettori filed a complaint with the ICC match referee Ranjan Madugalle, requesting him to begin an inquiry. The Kiwi skipper was suspicious of some wrong doing as Umar Gul was able to attain ample reverse-swing from the ball to floor New Zealand. However, sources said that the match referee has turned down the New Zealand request. Madugalle, according to the sources, made it clear that there was no evidence that Pakistani players tampered with the ball during the match. He pointed towards the fact that even in the presence of numerous cameras, there was no TV footage that could back suspicion that Pakistan may have tampered with the ball as they bowled against New Zealand. It was also at The Oval that Pakistan were accused of ball tampering by field umpires Darrell Hair and Billy Doctrove during their fourth Test against England in the summer of 2006. Pakistan refused to take the field after tea on the fourth day to protest against the umpires' decision to penalise them for alleged ball-tampering. The umpires awarded the Test to England. An ICC inquiry later cleared Pakistan of ball-tampering charges.
http://thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=183058
Guest gaurav_indian

^^ Yeah this is what England,Australia and NZ do.When Saeed Ajmal was bowling well against Aussies they reported his action.

Guest gaurav_indian
^ I dont know about Tampering but that Ajmal guy chucks big time ... lol at spinners wearing long sleeve shirts
Bhajji also wears that.And we all know about Murali.B->Agar Murali ka bas chale toh blanket pehan ke aajaaye.Bilkul chambal ka daaku lagega.:giggle:
come awwn...dont be hatin.....there are many chuckers in the world to pick from....so what what if we have majority of them
yep Murali has messed up the rule and now anybody can throw. But its funny to see these spinners wearing long sleeves just to hide the bend (even bhajji does it). BTW Ajmal really does throw .. I mean he looks lot worse than many other bowlers who have been reported
yep Murali has messed up the rule and now anybody can throw. But its funny to see these spinners wearing long sleeves just to hide the bend (even bhajji does it). BTW Ajmal really does throw .. I mean he looks lot worse than many other bowlers who have been reported
i donno how bad he is compared to others...but i really dont think he can be worse than Murli...wat do u think?
Guest gaurav_indian
but Murali uses the same bahana as Akhtar ' date=' my arm can bend/stretch more than normal.[/quote'] Yeh sri lanka ke kya saare bowlers ajeeb action ke saath hi hotey hai.Malinga ki arm nahi ghoomti whirlpool effect ke saath aata hai.Murali ki aankhein kanchey ki tarah bahar aati hai.Arms bend and stretch hoti hai. We also need bowlers like Kachraa(from lagaan) [ame=
- Punjagi Totay 6[/ame]

I think that is ridiculous. They lost a lot of wickets well before Gul came in. I'm a big time NZ supporter but this is something that sounds stupid. Vettori is not Flem, he just can't take defeat. If the umpires didn't find it a problem then I don't know what the problem is.

I think that is ridiculous. They lost a lot of wickets well before Gul came in. I'm a big time NZ supporter but this is something that sounds stupid. Vettori is not Flem' date=' he just can't take defeat. If the umpires didn't find it a problem then I don't know what the problem is.[/quote'] Ravi, you should read the OP again - it's basis is statements like :
'The News' learnt here on Sunday
According to sources
However, sources said
Madugalle, according to the sources