Were you guys totally shocked?

I can't believe some of us were totally taken aback by the result. We all along knew we were in a difficult group. We feared for this. Add to India's inadequacy in many departments (Death bowling, Fielding, Absence of Sehwag, Lack of big hitting right through, Woeful technique against bouncers, T20 nature) this result should not have surprised or shocked many. This exit was very much on the cards. It is not like 2007 world cup where the exit was totally unexpected. As a cricket fan i have no shame to admit we were outplayed by two very good T20 performances by 2 teams. We were hardly in either of the games. Time to admit. We are not a very good T20 side in all conditions inspite of Sehwag's absence. We have to pick up our pieces and build a seperate team for T20. Current team is not working. They lost in New zealand twice. They almost lost to Srilanka where Pathan bros had to bail us out. As fans we have to be realistic with our expectations.

We dont have enough agressive batsmen in the team..specially in the middle order.... Irfan Pathan and Yosuf Pathan need to come above Dhoni... Gambhir and Dhoni after their selection in Test team have totally changed their technique and are no more agressive... and sadly Dhoni and malnutritioned guy Jadeja took most of the strike

Guest Gunner

Mere bhai hame baksh de, isi baat pe kitne thread kologe sab ke sab. Jaake do char effigy aag lagao sab teek ho jayega. Baksh do hame.

When the T20 format first came into vogue, common sensical intution told me that india wouldnt be ver good at it. India arent good at any games that require power and speed. We are usually good at games that require pure skill. But somehow we won the first cup and my perception diminished. But presently , if we look at out T20 team we have only two people who use power to hit the ball. Rest all are strokemakers dependent upon timing and placement. Honestly we need more power players . The team will evolve as time progresses and eventually slow players like gambhir , jadeja and dhoni version 2 shall be phased out of our team. We need to put the IPL to good use. The base of the current problems of team india including that against short balls lies in the inavailability of fast tall pacers in the country. Other countries have plenty of people bowling at speeds above the fastest man we have in our team even in their domestic setups. Hence there is hardly any real pace in our domestic competetions and hence neither do our batsmen have shots to counter pace and bounce in heir reportie. Leaving technicalities aside , i was almost sure india wouldnt be able to retain the cup. Even england beat our ODI team in their home , hence india arent a very good team in english conditions. But still i was expecting them to reach the semis.

When the T20 format first came into vogue' date=' common sensical intution told me that india wouldnt be ver good at it. India arent good at any games that require power and speed. We are usually good at games that require pure skill. But somehow we won the first cup and my perception diminished. But presently , if we look at out T20 team we have only two people who use power to hit the ball. Rest all are strokemakers dependent upon timing and placement. Honestly we need more power players . The team will evolve as time progresses and eventually slow players like [b']gambhir , jadeja and dhoni version 2 shall be phased out of our team. We need to put the IPL to good use. The base of the current problems of team india including that against short balls lies in the inavailability of fast tall pacers in the country. Other countries have plenty of people bowling at speeds above the fastest man we have in our team. Hence there is hardly any real pace in our domestic competetions and hence neither do our batsmen have shots to counter pace and bounce in heir reportie. Leaving technicalities aside , i was almost sure india wouldnt be able to retain the cup. Even england beat our ODI team in their home , hence india arent a very good team in english conditions. But still i was expecting them to reach the semis.
Gambhir is fine... its just that he needs to reminded of his aggressive nature with which he played last T20 world cup and came into the limelight.......... some ppl are just supposed to play agressive cricket and Gambhr is one of them...

nope-our t20 record has been a stark contrast to our ODI record for some time now.it isnt hard to point out the obvious problems.our fast bowlers are not very good in t20.our starts have been horrendous and everything falls on yuvi to do too much.it is disheartening to see other teams use the short ball to good effect here but when we bowl the short ball it doesnt go beyond the hips.nehra and RP were in great form and instead we went for the "safe" choice and got spanked.we need to learn from this.form is better than name when it comes to t20.

No because its starting to become very apparent that India became a little complacent about this game!! they didnt the signs from early stages (short balls dhonis batting line up) and they didnt brush up on their weaknesses i dont know if itd fair to out this down to the IPL's but i do know they were ill prepared so no i am not suprised!!

You said it. India should have gone with bunch of nobodies who were in form. Nobody could have had any plan for them.
are nahi yaar.i was talking about yak and ishant who looked very out of sorts.zak's fielding was horrendous.he couldnt even bend his body near the boundary.i would have picked nehra instead of zak.

Disappointed .But not shell shocked almost to have a heart attack like some thing happened that shouldn't have happened. I always felt that we are not going to perform that well,simply because of IPL. Not putting blame on IPL. Just i had a feeling,that we may not perform after that .And happened so. Somewhat expected.