Lalit Modi

Bad thing from the get go. They don't deliver as a team like other teams. I saw more passion from players in the IPL ( recall how Ojha was cursing after every wicket in final) than when they play for India. Not enough bonding. Not enough practice as team. Already Kirsten has raised concerns about key players playing in IPL.

Is Lalit Modi's association with BCCI a good thing or bad one for Indian Cricket?I mean...this man has changed the face of Indian cricket.Credit goes to him for making BCCI the richest cricket board in the world.But he's another Jagmohan Dalmiya...cash-crazy' date=corrupt,etc.
That credit should go to Jagmohan Dalmiya. I think its better to be powerful and perceived bad than be weak and get bullied. There is nothing in the middle. The strong is always perceived to be bad. Most countries in the world call America bad though they all have their weaknesses and would have behaved the same (or worse) if they were as strong as America. Most south Asian countries say that India is bad even though their economies are prospering under India's influence. The leader's weaknesses or bad points are always more highlighted than those of the weaker ones. Same is the case with BCCI. I prefer a strong and bad BCCI than a weak one that would have been bullied by the western boards. The long term benefits are immense. Cricket is now growing and soon it will be a global sport with many countries racing for the gold in the Olympics. And India will be calling at the center of it calling the shots. Its one of the high points of a prospering economy.
Bad thing from the get go. They don't deliver as a team like other teams. I saw more passion from players in the IPL ( recall how Ojha was cursing after every wicket in final) than when they play for India. Not enough bonding. Not enough practice as team. Already Kirsten has raised concerns about key players playing in IPL.
Such a ad hoc comment When IPL was happening, modi great, ipl best thing And just 1-2 'unlucky' matches by India, everything is wrong, get some sense Other countries players also played there and blame ourselves for believing that we are the best team and most balanced side and deserving team to win it as we are the champions all this said by the media which created that hype and ultimately lead to the inevitable downfall
Most countries in the world call America bad though they all have their weaknesses and would have behaved the same (or worse) if they were as strong as America.
You have answered your own self DomainK but dare I say you did not grasp it. America is considered "strong" (or strongest if you will) because it has all-around development. It leads the world in technology just as it leads the world in military firepower, just as it leads in economy and entertainment etc etc. If America was leading solely in economy, a la Japan or Taiwan, nobody would consider it seriously apart from those with business interests. BCCI is nothing but economic superpower. End of story. They hardly have done anything of note for the game and by all accounts most of their overtures are anti-cricket. Much as I can see the viewpoint about power shifting from Western cricketing world to Asia, the question that needs to be asked is has the shift benefitted the game as such?? I personally dont think so. xxx

Both Modi and IPL are bad things to Indian cricket .Yes in the long run .IPl will make cricketers rich with technical deficiencies.The one thing that will improve be fielding . If T20 is the new face of cricket and test cricket is going to die,then me as a cricket fan will say bye bye to this game forever . As a crciket board BCCI never concerned about the players or the game of cricket.They always wanted to be the richest board than the most efficient .Alright .The reason Indians used to play maximum number of ODIs compared to Aussies who play maximum number of tests are examples of that . ODI series in Sharjah,Dubai,Hongkong,Singapore what not. One has to wait for ages to see a test series.Atleast that was the major trend form 90s since ODIs started .Once T20 became a craze the borad has decided to make a maximum profit from that .

Such a ad hoc comment When IPL was happening, modi great, ipl best thing And just 1-2 'unlucky' matches by India, everything is wrong, get some sense Other countries players also played there and blame ourselves for believing that we are the best team and most balanced side and deserving team to win it as we are the champions all this said by the media which created that hype and ultimately lead to the inevitable downfall
Not unlucky matches dude. We were outplayed and thrashed. Twice exposed by bounce. Once exposed by Spin. It is not like India was unlucky.
Guest gaurav_indian
Both Modi and IPL are bad things to Indian cricket .Yes in the long run .IPl will make cricketers rich with technical deficiencies.The one thing that will improve be fielding . If T20 is the new face of cricket and test cricket is going to die,then me as a cricket fan will say bye bye to this game forever . As a crciket board BCCI never concerned about the players or the game of cricket.They always wanted to be the richest board than the most efficient .Alright .The reason Indians used to play maximum number of ODIs compared to Aussies who play maximum number of tests are examples of that . ODI series in Sharjah,Dubai,Hongkong,Singapore what not. One has to wait for ages to see a test series.Atleast that was the major trend form 90s since ODIs started .Once T20 became a craze the borad has decided to make a maximum profit from that .
:ciao::ciao:
For every pure test fan that cricket loses, it will gain 10 new T20 fans. It is looking ominous right now for people who think T20 is all circus. Change is imminent and it is the only thing that is permanent. :eyedance::eyedance:
For every pure test fan that cricket loses' date=' [b']it will gain 10 new T20 fans. It is looking ominous right now for people who think T20 is all circus. Change is imminent and it is the only thing that is permanent. :eyedance::eyedance:
No problem .I am pretty orthodox in my cricket taste and will always remain a Test cricket fan. And power to more and more T20 fans.
Guest gaurav_indian
For every pure test fan that cricket loses' date=' it will gain 10 new T20 fans. It is looking ominous right now for people who think T20 is all circus. Change is imminent and it is the only thing that is permanent. :eyedance::eyedance:[/quote'] For every one punjabi khota familyguybriantini72.jpg There will be 20 :bowwow: :bowwow: :bowwow: :bowwow: :bowwow: :bowwow: :bowwow: :bowwow: :bowwow: :bowwow: :bowwow: :bowwow: :bowwow: :bowwow: :bowwow: :bowwow: :bowwow: :bowwow: :bowwow: :bowwow:
Not unlucky matches dude. We were outplayed and thrashed. Twice exposed by bounce. Once exposed by Spin. It is not like India was unlucky.
I agree what you say but if we were lucky and would have won despite being outplayed, then it would have been the same talk, india champions, best team, dhoni, yuri all the best players in the world but now all we see that our media after losing, is making it even worse like they lost it on purpose, showing that there is conflict between everyone in our team, new captain, new coach