Badrinath: I will be tested in WI

Feed

Why do you think he deserves another chance? Because of his past performances and performance of other players i.e. our under 25 players What are his positives/ What are his negatives? +ve : He is performing well under difficult conditions. To make it short, only recent performances. Though he failed in challenger salve trophy, in finals, everyone comiited to walk back to pavilion, but badri got an half century. All his half centuries in IPL 2008 and 2009 were came under difficult conditions, especially in 2009 when ball is turning squre. -ve: The obvious one, you've already mentioned. But even ricky is victim to that kind of ball. Apart from that he doesn't seem to have a mentor and not so brilliant to market himself like other younger ones.

Why do you think he deserves another chance? Because of his past performances and performance of other players i.e. our under 25 players What are his positives/ What are his negatives? +ve : He is performing well under difficult conditions. To make it short, only recent performances. Though he failed in challenger salve trophy, in finals, everyone comiited to walk back to pavilion, but badri got an half century. All his half centuries in IPL 2008 and 2009 were came under difficult conditions, especially in 2009 when ball is turning squre. -ve: The obvious one, you've already mentioned. But even ricky is victim to that kind of ball. Apart from that he doesn't seem to have a mentor and not so brilliant to market himself like other younger ones.
n the biggest negative of getting stuck,he just cannot accelerate even after getting set. also we dont know how he'll do against the short ball
Thats true and agreed. What i'm trying to say is he has been waiting for long enough and selection committee should treat him same as other players (ex. rohit sharma) and give him atleast half of the chances
Rohit Sharma earned his chances.he got a 50 on T20 debut,n starred in T20wc,which got him a ticket to Aus wen Dravid,Ganguly were dropped.then he impressed one n all in CB series.by then everyone kew he was a special talentthen after IPL he hit bad form ,but selectors stuck with him knowing he is special n has age on his side. Badri is not young.nor is he Talented.he hasn't even grabbed the chances he got.so naturally selectors can't give that much time

Ah! same old story. What is that special talent? Everytime i see him playing, he is edging the ball to first slip for couple of time before he reach 10 runs. If playing at domestic level is so easy and Badri like not talented player can show consistency why can't these guys do the same? This not talented guy did well against murali and mendis in SL. Virat Kohli is far more better than Rohit Sharma (if you are talking about grabbing opportunities), But i don't know why everyone promotes Sharma When it comes to Badri, he hasn't grabbed the chances. For others, they were in bad form.

Guest Gunner
Rohit Sharma earned his chances.he got a 50 on T20 debut,n starred in T20wc,which got him a ticket to Aus wen Dravid,Ganguly were dropped.then he impressed one n all in CB series.by then everyone kew he was a special talentthen after IPL he hit bad form ,but selectors stuck with him knowing he is special n has age on his side. Badri is not young.nor is he Talented.he hasn't even grabbed the chances he got.so naturally selectors can't give that much time
You mentioned so many opportunities there for Rohit Sharma. The guy averages 27 in about 40 ODIs, I didn't know that was called grabbing the opportunity in India. Badri got to play exactly 3 ODIs at No 7 position, one of those he played a match winning 27 though it might be a paltry score.
Rohit Sharma earned his chances.he got a 50 on T20 debut' date='[/quote'] He hasn't earned it, but gifted by his mentors. This is what I'm asking on what basis he got a place in T20 team? Even at that time Yusuf had a big hitter reputation. But still he has got only one chance in the last T20 world cup. Here is how our selection committee goes... They find a "special talent" after seeing couple of good innings. Give him a place in Team India. He shines initially and then in "bad form". We stick with him, as he is "special talent" and given numerous chances to cement his place. Most of them perishes eventually (ex. Kaif). Then again we find a "special talent" On the other hand, After seeing couple of failures, they refuses to recognize years of hard work @ domestic level. SL is better in that way. Remember Attapattu, his initial failures and successes? Gambhir doing well, because he has had performed consistently well in domestic. Yusuf has a reputation of big hitter at domestic level and he does the same at international level. These guys are not one series wonders. I know there is a huge difference btw domestic and international competitions. Badri adopted tips from Hydos and got MoM under difficult conditions. For that, you need to give enough chances to evolve. This "special talented" Rohit, was in excellent form against bangla and ireland, then suddenly in "bad form" against super 8s. He MAY come good and mature. There shouldnt be a hassle to gift his spot in Team India. Not every one is SRT. Let him play at domestic level and he has to prove his consistency.
Guest Hiten.

You know what is fineleg's notion ? Whichever Indian cricketer gets the most adulation from the fans, pick him and target him non stop to bug the *** out of the fans. Fineleg thinks people will fall for the "hey look...I don't flow with the current, therefore not a worshipper" theory :hahaha: I understand people's plea that Badri did not get enough chances as of yet despite his struggle in the domestic circuit. But blaming MSD for "hating" a certain player is naive and uncalled for. MSD has all the rights reserved to pick his squad for a certain tournament or phase of time to build a team. If then, the team fails MSD should be held solely responsible for that because he was given a freedom of picking his stalwarts. No one hates anyone here. I am sure ICF will be flooded with congratulatory messages IF(when actually) Badri succeeds at the international level. Give the hating theories a bit rest, they are quite monotonous like the conspiracy theories.

Whichever Indian cricketer gets the most adulation from the fans,
Dhoni gets the most adulation from cricket fans :hmmmm: Now, thats some news there :haha: For your kind information, I think MSD is far down the picking order in getting fan adulation when compared to folks like Tendulkar, Kumble, Dravid, or even Sehwag and Yuvraj or Zaheer Khan. most adulation, seriously that made me crack up :hysterical: Imagination running wild.
Guest Hiten.
Dhoni gets the most adulation from cricket fans :hmmmm: Now, thats some news there :haha: For your kind information, I think MSD is far down the picking order in getting fan adulation when compared to folks like Tendulkar, Kumble, Dravid, or even Sehwag and Yuvraj or Zaheer Khan. most adulation, seriously that made me crack up :hysterical: Imagination running wild.
Oh lord! Think before you post. When I say MSD gets most adulation, I obviously meant amongst the current lot. And lets not compare Yuvraj and MSD's fans' barometer to derail this thread. I still standby my theory of you flowing against the current. Suck on it :finger:
Ah! same old story. What is that special talent? Everytime i see him playing, he is edging the ball to first slip for couple of time before he reach 10 runs. If playing at domestic level is so easy and Badri like not talented player can show consistency why can't these guys do the same? This not talented guy did well against murali and mendis in SL. Virat Kohli is far more better than Rohit Sharma (if you are talking about grabbing opportunities), But i don't know why everyone promotes Sharma When it comes to Badri, he hasn't grabbed the chances. For others, they were in bad form.
i'm talking of taent.u realise that as that as u see it.the time that he has,the technique is indeed signs of a special player.u only talk about statistics coz thats only thing u can hold onto in defence of Badri.talking of stats,Rohit averages over 49 in First Class cricket,that certainly isn't bad fpr a 22yr old,eh?even i'm dissapointed that Kohli hasnt been given enuf chances,but Rohit has done well in his ODI career so far,yes he hasnt been consistent,but he has age on his side,he is a special talent,if u can't see his talent then no point talking to u Badri played one good innings inSL wen the reqd.rate was below 3.next 2 games he was sent to slog n he couldn't do shyt.thats his problem
Oh lord! Think before you post. When I say MSD gets most adulation, I obviously meant amongst the current lot. And lets not compare Yuvraj and MSD's fans' barometer to derail this thread. I still standby my theory of you flowing against the current. Suck on it :finger:
Just rereading this thread and came across this gem. Perhaps fineleg would benefit from knowing that Dhoni, at one point, overtook Sachin (:omg:) as the most saleable cricketer of the year. And fineleg is talking about him being less adored than Zaheer Khan. *sigh*
but Rohit has done well in his ODI career so far' date=yes he hasnt been consistent,but he has age on his side,he is a special talent,if u can't see his talent then no point talking to u
Yes, there is no point. Rohit Sharma: He may be talented and will be big asset to India. Let him mature and come up with consistency. He is acting like a young IT guy, who got easy money. Money and Fame @ young age will do all the evils. Not everyone is SRT Badrinath: He is not big hitter. Certainly not suits for 300+ tracks. But we have enough hitters and need someone to consolidate innings after quick fall of wickets. He is excellent inning builder. You can see that from his past performances.If you don't think he is great, you can at least rate him as poor man's RD.