SuperSelector: New: Aus vs Eng ODI, ICC World Cricket League Division , SA vs WI Tests

varun

SuperSelector: New: Aus vs Eng ODI, ICC World Cricket League Division , SA vs WI Tests  

1. 1.

Yeah....how did I forget that? Our batting and bowling look weak. :((
yeah the only solace is that we r playing the 8th ranked team in ODI cricket,thank god we r nt playing any stronger side,but i think even the windies will be tough
no Sehwag:((
yeah the only solace is that we r playing the 8th ranked team in ODI cricket' date='thank god we r nt playing any stronger side,but i think even the windies will be tough[/quote'] So if we get thrashed, it will be so humiliating:(( Though I think we can handle the West Indian sting.
So if we get thrashed, it will be so humiliating:(( Though I think we can handle the West Indian sting.
yeah me too.without Edwards thier bowling attack is crap n thier only strategy of constantly bowling short pitch wont work.we have to Control thier batting though n not only focus on Gayle,which i felt they did in the Super 8 game.we have to be wary of Bravo
yeah me too.without Edwards thier bowling attack is crap n thier only strategy of constantly bowling short pitch wont work.we have to Control thier batting though n not only focus on Gayle' date='which i felt they did in the Super 8 game.we have to be wary of Bravo[/quote'] I had a tough time selecting bowlers for my super selector team. Both teams have some useless pace bowlers and I am not sure to what extent spinners will be successful. From the way they beat India in the T20 WC, I think their bowlers have found a few weaknesses in our batting order. This is where we needed Tendulkar or Sehwag. Gambhir is not in the best of form, Yuvi is a moody batsman and Dhoni is in the worst batting form of his life. We will have a few hiccups on this tour.
I had a tough time selecting bowlers for my super selector team. Both teams have some useless pace bowlers and I am not sure to what extent spinners will be successful. From the way they beat India in the T20 WC' date=' I think their bowlers have found a few weaknesses in our batting order. This is where we needed Tendulkar or Sehwag. Gambhir is not in the best of form, Yuvi is a moody batsman and Dhoni is in the worst batting form of his life. We will have a few hiccups on this tour.[/quote'] well to exploit that weakness they needed Castro badly,he isnt there so shouldnt be much problems for our top order.they will have to revisit that strategy

Here is one from a county encounter from his early days,

Without doubt, the highlight of my on-field action was the battle against the legendary Vivian Richards, in a game which went down to the last over and in which I stuffed up - getting out for 93 in reply to Viv's earlier century. That mistake, however, is not my lasting recollection from the encounter, rather the serious bouncer I let rip that ended up hitting him right between the eyes. As usual, Viv had just waltzed out and assumed ownership of the ground, taking control of the tempo and mood of the game from the first ball he faced, playing whatever shot he felt like whenever he deemed it appropriate. But as the opposition pro I couldn't let it be seen that I was bowing to him, so when he kept on planting his foot down the pitch and hoicking me across the line, I decided it was time for some 'chin music'. A bit of extra run-up speed and a fuller retraction of the wrist and shoulder gave me a yard more pace and the great one was a split second late with his shot, taking the the full impact flush on his forehead. I was more shocked than he was, as I waited for him to crumble under the impact. Instead, he just shook his head, regathered his composure, and replied to my, 'Are you okay?' with 'No problem, man. It got me in the hard spot'. Now, that's impressive body language and strength of character, to dismiss such a blow so lightly, because I know it definitely hurt him. His sense of pride was never going to allow him to show the pain.