SuperSelector: New: Aus vs Eng ODI, ICC World Cricket League Division , SA vs WI Tests

varun

SuperSelector: New: Aus vs Eng ODI, ICC World Cricket League Division , SA vs WI Tests  

1. 1.

I disagree. I think we should get rid of "landmark" special points esp ODIs. I have made my suggestion, all set for varun to reject it :D
:P The landmarks for ODI's have very few points (much fewer than tests), anyway I'll take a look at this after the series. Don't want to change the formula during the ongoing series.

Damn!!!!! I thought if you substitute a player who has 0 point with another player who has 0 point, you don't get penalized. I replaced Mills for Pollock and got penalized -50 :S :(

Congratulations to PainKiller for winning the Ind-Pak ODIs SuperSelector! Perennial SS loser Predator came 2nd! What ever you do, don't ask Rajeev or marirs for SS advice as they came dead last :hysterical: Top 10 PaiN_KiLLeR's 2616 Predator_05's 2582 kabira's 2449 ravi's 2448 chanakya's 2445 DesiChap's 2443 Mandrake's 2431 skeshwani's 2425 BossBhai's 2422 apocalypse's 2397

Aaah... i forgot to add the 5 for his 50.. :D Now that i think of it, i would actually stick withe ContainmentWeight of .3 A cw of .5 gives too much importance to the SR, which in my opinion arent that big a factor in tests. For eg, in the 2002 Leeds test against Ind and Eng, Sanjay Bangar's 68 off 236 balls fetches 67.2 while Michael Vaughan's 61 off 116 gets hi m 72.08. But Bangar's innings was terribly important.
As I was telling varun over MSN, strike rates mean sod all in test cricket because of how complex the game is. Match situations change and make occupation of the crease paramount at times, at other points the speed of run scoring does really start to matter and you can even have situations where scoring too quickly can be counterproductive or quite useless - something like a run a ball 50 would get a lot more SS points than a 35 off 120 balls, but if both knocks came on the final day of a test with a team batting for a draw, the slower/longer knock would be far more useful. And there's no way to account for all this with a computer programme. And yes, that Bangar knock was bloody vital - far more so imo than Ganguly's ton the following day.