When will we have an express fast bowler?

King Tendulkar, I share the same frustration you have, Many of the Pakistani friends just joke with me that you Hindus don't have it in you to bowl fast, just except the fact that you are not as strong as we are, and I get so red in my mind, Anyway, I have compiled the list of top 10 fast bowlers from India till date and had started a blog with this info. I was a hard core cricket fan and would never missed a single delivery, I am watching regular cricket since 1986, and here are the mileage of the indian bowlers I notices, 1, J Srinath - 156Kmph (99, Africa tour) 2, Ishant Sharma - 152Kmph (2008 Aus tour) 3, A Nehra - 149 Kmph (2003 World cup) 4, S Sreesanth - 149 Kmph (Kuwalmpur tri series 2006) 5, RP Singh - 147 Kmph ( Recent Aus series) 6, A Agarkar - 146 Kmph (when he made his debut around 2001-2002) 7, Z Khan - 146 Kmph ( 2003 world cup) 8, A Bhandari - 145 Kmph (2004 Aus tour-this guy was really good strong bowler with good action, but unfortunate one) 9, VRV Singh - 145 Kmph (2006 Africa tour) 10, Munaf Patel - 143 Kmph (early 2006) All the above bowler have legal bowling action not like Shoaib or Brett who have suspect action, Apart from these recorded speed I guess Salil Ankola was also very quick, Kapil dev was quick in 79-82 era, If you know some one who was missed from this list you can suggest here,

King Tendulkar, I share the same frustration you have, Many of the Pakistani friends just joke with me that you Hindus don't have it in you to bowl fast, just except the fact that you are not as strong as we are, and I get so red in my mind, Anyway, I have compiled the list of top 10 fast bowlers from India till date and had started a blog with this info. I was a hard core cricket fan and would never missed a single delivery, I am watching regular cricket since 1986, and here are the mileage of the indian bowlers I notices, 1, J Srinath - 156Kmph (99, Africa tour) 2, Ishant Sharma - 152Kmph (2008 Aus tour) 3, A Nehra - 149 Kmph (2003 World cup) 4, S Sreesanth - 149 Kmph (Kuwalmpur tri series 2006) 5, RP Singh - 147 Kmph ( Recent Aus series) 6, A Agarkar - 146 Kmph (when he made his debut around 2001-2002) 7, Z Khan - 146 Kmph ( 2003 world cup) 8, A Bhandari - 145 Kmph (2004 Aus tour-this guy was really good strong bowler with good action, but unfortunate one) 9, VRV Singh - 145 Kmph (2006 Africa tour) 10, Munaf Patel - 143 Kmph (early 2006) All the above bowler have legal bowling action not like Shoaib or Brett who have suspect action, Apart from these recorded speed I guess Salil Ankola was also very quick, Kapil dev was quick in 79-82 era, If you know some one who was missed from this list you can suggest here,
This list has been posted 10 times on ICF in the last 10 days :wall:
our bowlers are crap not because they are not express' date='they are crap and they would be crap if they are express like Sami.[/quote'] Stop comparing your bowlers with Sami. In ODIs Sami was/is still better than Ishant, Nehra, and RP plus he was actually an 'express' bowler. Remind you I am only taking about ODI Sami here. :winky:
I feel really fustrated we still cant produce a fast bowler to shake up the opposition. Yes I know its not all about pace and that line/length/swing/seam are important. But if you can do all of that at 90 mph instead of 82mph it can make a real difference and is a real extra weapon for a team. You only have to see history of cricket and see the importance and match winning abilities of pacers who rampage and scare the opposition to death. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial. God I look with envy at players like Steyn, Johnson, Flintoff, Edwards and even new kid Aaamir. Why o why cant we have a pacer who blows the opposition away. I remember when Munaf did it for one test against england and dravid said that it was great for opposition to get waht we have been getting for years. You could see his desperation for an express bowler. Unfortunatley Patel was another to flatter to decieve. The latest hope Ishant can barely creep over 80 mph and is a massive dissapointment in my eyes at the moment. I am desperate for an Indian pacer to regularly clock over 90 mph and everyone ooooing with admiartion at the pace and hostility. All we have had is Kapil Dev and Srinath. What are the reasons??? -Lack of meat? -lazy indian attitude maeaning cant be bothered to break in to a sweat and would rather just bat and bowl spin? -Not aggressive enough attitude, just we are to placid? -Flat pitches which discourage pacers? Probably a bit of everything! Any serious pacers on the horizon??? Cant see any!:((
We have one coming up.......ATUL SHARMA.........:omg: Of course under the tutelage of Prasad, he will turn into Chetan Sharma very soon!! :haha:
If these trundlers cannot sustain top speed, then it does not matter if they bowled a 90+ delivery or two sometime in their career.
all the above are ****...if they were good then this thread wouldnt exist
i agree on the tape ball point of view! never played with a tape ball in india but here in austria i got to meet a few pakis and the showed me a taped ball was and it was just awome to bwl with it....i dunno bout india but i have punjabi here INDIAN punjabi whose built the HULK and man can he bowl fast!!
I am surprised to hear that usually no tape ball cricket in India, but why? I personally never observed around me any cricket in gali mohalla, roads, streets, villages, schools without tape-ball, its >90% tape-ball, without tape its just FUN bowling, nothing searious or no one will even like to be a bowler with that tennis ball but with tape-ball a lot of motivation automatically will be created for fast bowling when it will give outside edges, gully catches, some imaginatory swing :) or even leg/off spin is good experience with it.
I am surprised to hear that usually no tape ball cricket in India' date=' but why? I personally never observed around me any cricket in gali mohalla, roads, streets, villages, schools without tape-ball, its >90% tape-ball, without tape its just FUN bowling, nothing searious or no one will even like to be a bowler with that tennis ball but with tape-ball a lot of motivation automatically will be created for fast bowling when it will give outside edges, gully catches, some imaginatory swing :) or even leg/off spin is good experience with it.[/quote'] Yeah, tape ball is a unique to Pakistan/Pakistanis as far as I have seen. In India, we used to play with non-taped tennis ball. We also used leather cricket balls and rubber balls(quite hard) both of which had seams. I have played tape ball cricket with Pakistanis and the one thing that stood out for me as a batsman was uneven bounce. Apart from that no problems and as a bowler, like you mentioned, I did get some 'imaginary' swing.