Selectors must ignore IPL lottery performances

That can be put down to inexperience.he may have been expecting the short ball n hence feet didnt move as well.Also Dhoni admitted at post-match presentation that they misread the pitch.they thought it was a belter n you can play your strokes.Rohit was going by instructions
Can you please just read your post again, and then fix it, and post a reply to my initial comment? Thanks.

Ok, I assume you need to keep trying to "belt" the ball into outer space without required technique after 2 wickets fall in the first two overs then ? Is that what following instructions mean? Does it mean he has no mind of his own to look at what is happening around him? How is this related to misreading the pitch? Misreading the pitch probably comes in the context of choosing to bat first or bowl first - never bat like crazy even if 2 wickets have fall in the first two overs of the match.

Ok, I assume you need to keep trying to "belt" the ball into outer space without required technique after 2 wickets fall in the first two overs then ? Is that what following instructions mean? Does it mean he has no mind of his own to look at what is happening around him? How is this related to misreading the pitch? Misreading the pitch probably comes in the context of choosing to bat first or bowl first - never bat like crazy even if 2 wickets have fall in the first two overs of the match.
u can say that about Gambhir too,but both deliveries deliveries were bad n deserved punishment.its the execution of shots that was faulty.he should have more cautious,but it was a wide delivery n deserved the shot. u cant respect even the bad balls.gotta put them away.maybe he could have been cautious for a little while,but he is too inexperienced to understand that.he'll learn

Dhoni is an amazing percentage cricketer. He has one of the lousiest footwork you could hope to see. But he is impenetrable in one dayers. He can bat on and on. So Rohit has to find his percentage cricket. The job of video analyst is pointing out the mistakes the batsmen commit repeatedly. My observation is his first instinct is to hit it in the air. He has no intention to keep the ball down. It automatically increases the proabability of getting out. He has to learn to hit the ball on to the ground. For that to happen he has to get top of the bounce every single time. I don't think he does. Age is on his side. But with stream of youngsters coming in, world cup being just couple of years away he can't waste too much time to settle down.

u can say that about Gambhir too' date='but both deliveries deliveries were bad n deserved punishment.its the execution of shots that was faulty.he should have more cautious,but it was a wide delivery n deserved the shot. u cant respect even the bad balls.gotta put them away.maybe he could have been cautious for a little while,but he is too inexperienced to understand that.he'll learn[/quote'] Nope. Gambhir's was closer to the body, and it deserved to be cut. Rohit's deserved to be left, and it was moving away.

I won't worry about Gambhir too much. He has matured into a very good Test batsman. He left lot of bouncers in New zealand during his marathon 11 hour innings to save the Test. His aggression has toned down a tad. Nothing to worry about though. He needs a bit of break though.

Nope. Gambhir's was closer to the body' date=' and it deserved to be cut. Rohit's deserved to be left, and it was moving away.[/quote'] it was wide enuf to be driven IMO,its just that he didnt move his feet n didnt time it well that got the edge