Ricky Ponting

He is no longer the same batsman. I've been saying this for the past 2 years now, he just doesn't seem the same, he has become very inconsistent. We need him to have a big Ashes, as #3 is the most important position in the line up and he's just not doing it for me lately. Thoughts ?

He is no longer the same batsman. I've been saying this for the past 2 years now, he just doesn't seem the same, he has become very inconsistent. We need him to have a big Ashes, as #3 is the most important position in the line up and he's just not doing it for me lately. Thoughts ?
I think he's bogged down by a variety of things. Inspite of this, he led the team admirably in SA even if he didn't score too many runs. I think the biggest problem for Ponting the batsman is that over the past 2 years, a few technical chinks have been found, and I don't know if he's had the mental preparation to work through them like the Ponting of yore would do. And yeah, if Australia end up winning the Ashes (and I think they will), Ponting should have a good series - and I think he will. I think he's being impatient and fidgety at the crease, based on most of his recent dismissals (I have not seen the ones against the Lions).
Forgive me, but I haven't been following Aussie cricket off late. I was under the impression that Clarke and Hussey were your best bats?
Forgive me' date=' but I haven't been following Aussie cricket off late. I was under the impression that Clarke and Hussey were your best bats?[/quote'] In terms of form our best batsman would have to be Haddin, Hughes (albeit one series), Clarke and Johnson. Hussey has been out of form for a while, but is due a big one.
Forgive me' date=' but I haven't been following Aussie cricket off late. I was under the impression that Clarke and [b']Hussey were your best bats?
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :cantstop: Oh god... please turn on the lights in there. (Anyone want to bring up Hussey's recent streak of runs? Dsr/KT? :laugh: )
In terms of form our best batsman would have to be Haddin, Hughes (albeit one series), Clarke and Johnson. Hussey has been out of form for a while, but is due a big one.
Haddin has not been impressive, IMO. Fair points on the others. In terms of importance, I'd still think Ponting and Clarke are the two most crucial batsmen you play, and out of them, Clarke has had to do the lion's share of work.
In terms of form our best batsman would have to be Haddin, Hughes (albeit one series), Clarke and Johnson. Hussey has been out of form for a while, but is due a big one.
Haddin eh? I've only watched him play against India and he wasn't that great. Played too many rash shots. :dontknow:
david hussey! :woot: he hit laaaaaaaaaaaaaang sixes for KKR!
Lights are on... but no brain cells home yet I see. Quick check on CI says DJ Hussey hit a grand total of 98 runs in the circus, averaged under 25, didn't make a single 50 and hit a truly beastly 6 sixes in the entire tournament. Have you thought about getting surgery to extricate your head from your ass? It might make it a bit easier for you to see facts as they are.
Lights are on... but no brain cells home yet I see. Quick check on CI says DJ Hussey hit a grand total of 98 runs in the circus, averaged under 25, didn't make a single 50 and hit a truly beastly 6 sixes in the entire tournament. Have you thought about getting surgery to extricate your head from your ass? It might make it a bit easier for you to see facts as they are.
:cantstop::cantstop::cantstop: ok ok, i meant to say shane watson.
ya but I have good memory and remember him from IPL 1 !
Abe, koncham alochana cheyyi. After IPL 1, Watson only represented Australia completely fit in the test series against India, and he was a decent bat there - nothing comparable to how well Clarke's been for Australia.
Abe' date=' koncham alochana cheyyi. After IPL 1, Watson only represented Australia completely fit in the test series against India, and he was a decent bat there - nothing comparable to how well Clarke's been for Australia.[/quote'] Alochana endhi bondha, nenu Aussie cricket choosithe kadha. OK. So Aussies are minnows. :dontknow: