ICC Champion's Trophy : Dravid in probables...

good news :yay: BUTTTT i doubt he will make the final squad..this 30 man **** is just some stupid crap bcci comes up with...players like irfan who are not even in it will make the 15 man squad... watch..
He probably won't make it. A 36 year old cricketer who may not be part of 2011 world cup will have limited chance of getting selected. Secondly India has been on a hot streak with 6 successive series wins. They won't upset the balance.

stupid move. you can't drop a guy like him (for no reason I might add) and then bring him back just because some of the maharathis whom they have tried so far have failed to produce. now that he has been included, i sure hope they are not going to humiliate him by not picking him in the final squad after including him in the probables.

good news :yay: BUTTTT i doubt he will make the final squad..this 30 man **** is just some stupid crap bcci comes up with...players like irfan who are not even in it will make the 15 man squad... watch..
i fink he will definitely feature in 15. othawise why would they pick him 30 and then leave ?
now that he has been included, i sure hope they are not going to humiliate him by not picking him in the final squad after including him in the probables.
Yes. From the 30 he is one of the best qualified to walk into the 15, and they must select him. We need batsmen who can face up to the chin music and can be depended upon to get runs for India in CT. PS: That will also be a :tomato: to folks like hsmoke who derided any call for his inclusion in ODI :D
i fink he will definitely feature in 15. othawise why would they pick him 30 and then leave ?
It all comes down to Dhoni's input. He was categorical about Dravid/Ganguly's exclusion when he took over captaincy. He was just not happy with their slowness on the field. That was the period where Dravid was dropping catches left and right. He was reacting late in the slips. India has been on good winning streak. Why would they want to disturb the combination. Every time when a couple of youngsters fail going back to old players is style of PCB. We have to move on.

this is a backward step IMO..not a very good move..its like MSD accepting defeat to his earlier approach where he had said that he wanted a young team and build that team for the 2011 WC, but now seeing how they are performing, he has lost confidence in them and is going back to the tried and trusted great man Dravid..hmm something that i am not sure about.. Dravid will still perform exceedingly well because of his greatness, but what about the future..i cannot see RSD figuring in the 2011 WC, so it might be better to invest in the players who the selectors think that will form the core for the world cup.. on the other hand maybe Dhoni wants some solidity to the middle order which looks very brittle at the moment and so the selectors have included Dravid in the list, but still all that talk about the young team for the coming world cup and dropping Dravid back then because of that reason and now taking him back again is a bit stupid..

wow... No Irfan Pathan....wonder what he did to piss BCCI/Dhoni off? WTF seriously...its frustrating to see him be ignored like this. edit : And Sreesanth too. He's a drama queen on field but the dude brings in tons of energy with his bowling. We need an agressive bowler like him in our attack.

wow... No Irfan Pathan....wonder what he did to piss BCCI/Dhoni off? WTF seriously...its frustrating to see him be ignored like this. edit : And Sreesanth too. He's a drama queen on field but the dude brings in tons of energy with his bowling. We need an agressive bowler like him in our attack.
i would have liked to have sreesanth back, that would have been really great but, he's attending reality shows lately also seen at the iifa awards in macau he needs to focus on his career, and play some cricket to catch the selectors' eyes
It is absolutely ridiculous to exclude Irfan and Sreesanth from the first 30 of the ICC Champion's trophy. Is Kulkarni or Bhuvaneshwar Kumar or Pankaj Singh a better bowler than these two? No way, I'd say. This seems a very very muddled up squad!
I agree completely.. they might not be the best but they deserve a place in 30 probables list at least

Sachin Sehwag Gambhir Yuvi Raina MSD Yusuf Top 7 are these where does RD bat if he is in the team? If you are selecting him to give solidity to the middle order, he has to bat at no3 which means GG bats at 5 which will be a royal watse. So either you make GG sit out or force Raina out of the team. Do both these boys deserve to be dropped after doing so well in the opportunities given to them in last 18 months? RD is a legend , but even with him in the team , we faced troubles against swinging seaming deliveries and short pitch stuff. Its not as if with RD in the team, we never were 70/5 on a bowler friendly pitch. Dravid is a legend no doubts on that, but given the success this team has had, sorry RD's inclusion in the team will be taking 2 steps backwards. Besides this if SRT, Viru, Yuvi,MSD, GG and Raina cant win the CT for us, including even 10 Dravids may not help us.

Rohit Sharma doesnt even deserve to be in the 30. If he is in the 15, he'll keep on getting chances ahead of others, even someone like Rahul. He is good in T20s. Just keep him for that. Irfan shud have been named in the 30. Dont know what Sreesanth has done to be in the squad as many suggest. It doesnt mean that once one has done well at the international level he shud always be considered.

Guest Hiten.

If this comeback is suppose to mean a farewell tournament for RD then I agree with the selectors in giving RD a chance to have a proper retirement from ODI's. But if they are planning to install RD as a permanent fixture in the middle order line up then it will be a step backward and won't be helping India's cause. I understand India lacks the stability in MO, but we missed the trick in using our bench strength in Badri, Vijay to test out their abilities in the MO. Rohit's inclusion in all the 4 ODI's was mind boggling as he did not show any signs of improvement.

Giving farewell to someone in such an important tournament? Arent we getting too sentimental here? We play 7 home odis against Aus in Oct-Nov, 5 home odis against SL in Nov-Dec. That I believe is the best chance for Dravid to be given a farewell and not such a prestigious tournament like CT.