Congratulations Srilanka

That was a great and very spirited attack in the morning. Thushara was outstanding and used the taken-for-granted attitude of Pakistanis brilliantly. His line and l; length was immaculate and the Pakistani batsmen looked completely clueless against him. The way they won from a completely hopeless looking situation is commendable. But I think the Pakistanis made Herath look better than he actually is. That was some bad batting against left arm spin. Pakistan has a history with left arm spinners. But still, Herath took good advantage of the weak batting. Its amazing how spirited they were when they came out. They were in no mood to meekly surrender. They knew that after those three days, they had nothing to lose but everything to gain. I will give credit to Sangakara for motivating the team. The Pakistanis on the other hand too everything for granted and paid price of the complacency. If there is anyone I feel sad for, its young Aamer. His outstanding debut will now be remembered as a blunder of a test match by Pakistan. A bunch of idiots effortlessly killed a young man's brilliant efforts.

These guys Pak were crying hoarse when everyone said -'South Africa gifted them the victory" or 'When SL played poorly", now all of a sudden theyre saying THEY played poorly and they gifted SL the victory!! Hypocrisy Pak style.

In all honesty I am still surprised at how well pakis played for 3 days and kept the pressure on and got themselves into a winning position. That in itself is quite un-paki especially for a team that doesn't play regular test cricket. But Galle is where SL always loses and the scoreline which could have read 2-1 is now most likely going to read 3-0 -- especially with Murali coming back.

Pak has a good middle order with a lot of experience so they cant really blame it on the fact that a couple of guys were on debut. Also no murli for SL' date=' this is a bad loss.[/quote'] Above everything else, they made it to the threshold in one piece and then collapsed. They almost sniffed victory. They just took the final day for granted. Someone had to score those handful of remaining runs. No one did.

Putting aside all the mickey taking we are doing about pakistan. We are definitley neglecting to congratulate srl lanka on a brilliant performance to win when seemingly down and out to bowl paks out and win. Great bowing performance. Also showed how great test cricket is and why its simply the best.

Did anyone notice Rangana Herath bowling "left armers doosra", an arm ball that actually went other way, sort of carrom ball that Mendis bowls. Spare a thought for Rangana, he batted stubbornly as night watchman, bowled well, now he will be dropped. Congrats Lanka, tat was awesome performance. Btw what happend to Malinga or Prasad (He bowled well against India)

Did anyone notice Rangana Herath bowling "left armers doosra", an arm ball that actually went other way, sort of carrom ball that Mendis bowls. Spare a thought for Rangana, he batted stubbornly as night watchman, bowled well, now he will be dropped. Congrats Lanka, tat was awesome performance. Btw what happend to Malinga or Prasad (He bowled well against India)
i dont think Herath will be dropped.u dont MoM in the next game.Ajantha Mendis will have to make way for Murali.Mendis did not look dangerous against Pak in 1st test.
i dont think Herath will be dropped.u dont MoM in the next game.Ajantha Mendis will have to make way for Murali.Mendis did not look dangerous against Pak in 1st test.
The Pakistani batsmen have always handled Mendis relatively easily. And on the other hand they have a history against left arm spinners. They will never drop Herath at any cost. Its Mendis out, Murali in....or all three spinners in depending on the surface.
The Pakistani batsmen have always handled Mendis relatively easily. And on the other hand they have a history against left arm spinners. They will never drop Herath at any cost. Its Mendis out' date=' Murali in...[b'].or all three spinners in depending on the surface.
i dont see even that happening.both the pacers bowled quite well n dropping Mathews would weaken the batting a lot.Mendis looked the weak link in SL bowling n he has to go once Murali is back