Pakistan stays away as ICC seals WC venues

Of course they won't boycott but let me play Devil's advocate here, they have a point. India doesn't want to sign the FTP (fair enough decision given the amount of state sponsored terrorism that comes from Pakistan) but doesn't mind hosting a Pakistan game.... I'd have been happier if Pakistan games were hosted in Sri Lanka or Bangladesh otherwise it will sound a bit hypocrite.

Of course they won't boycott but let me play Devil's advocate here' date=' they have a point. India doesn't want to sign the FTP (fair enough decision given the amount of state sponsored terrorism that comes from Pakistan) but doesn't mind hosting a Pakistan game.... I'd have been happier if Pakistan games were hosted in Sri Lanka or Bangladesh otherwise it will sound a bit hypocrite.[/quote'] I hope our fans 'get medieval' on their asses.
Of course they won't boycott but let me play Devil's advocate here' date=' they have a point. India doesn't want to sign the FTP (fair enough decision given the amount of state sponsored terrorism that comes from Pakistan) but doesn't mind hosting a Pakistan game.... I'd have been happier if Pakistan games were hosted in Sri Lanka or Bangladesh otherwise it will sound a bit hypocrite.[/quote'] The FTP has no home series against Pakistan in India. So , its pretty clear that BCCI wants to stay clear of Pak. But unfortunately, Pak is part of ICC and that would mean that we have to play them in ICC sponsored events. Hosting Pak in India, is also the only logical step. How can India say that it will not host a country unless they boycott the WC. India is hosting the majority of the WC games while SL and BD are more interested in their own team games. What about quaterfinal and finals. Should we change venues if Pak qualify ? You cannot change venues of a WC finals within days. Its would be a nightmare for all those involved including the ticket holders and players.

I hope they Boycott. I hope it is the end of the relationship between India and Pakistan for a loooooong while, till the political issues are settled. India will not miss a beat. The loser out of this deal will be only ONE -- and that is -- Pakis!