What are you eating now?

ludhianvi

Holy' date=' where the **** is protein in that. Thats like 20 gm of protein in all day :WTF:[/quote'] I have just started exercise after years. Just cardio and light weight training. This is a plan for the first week, I get a different plan every week. From next week on I get more lean meat, egg whites, lentils and all that jazz.

whats wrong usmey.. main bhi follow karne ka soch rahi thi :nervous:
Well - I should not be commenting w/o knowing his current state (body stats and activity levels), and goals (and time line to achieve it). It looks like a typical 'conventional wisdom' weight loss plan - which does not account for muscle/strength preservation/building. Esp, if he is doing/suggested some strenuous physical activity too, then it can lead to good amount of muscle loss - overall, he will end up losing both muscle and fat and hence body fat% wont go down much. So overall he can end up feeling lighter/thinner, but will not get the best results - given that the amount of discipline/effort required to follow any diet plan - is about the similar. On the other hand, similar thing might work for you (as you may not have same Calorie/Protein requirements as his). Even then, I would recommend a bit more protein on every meal, and more effort on activity front. Generally speaking - IMO - best way to go about weight/fat loss is - start with doing more activity than you already are - and when you start reaching plateau with that - (or want more refined/targeted results) - then start getting stricter on diet.

I have just started exercise after years. Just cardio and light weight training. This is a plan for the first week' date=' I get a different plan every week. From next week on I get more lean meat, egg whites, lentils and all that jazz.[/quote'] If you have been regular on exercise earlier and have not developed any injury /medical condition - then it should not take more than 4-8 weeks (depending upon duration of break) to start pushing your max (current max).

If you have been regular on exercise earlier and have not developed any injury /medical condition - then it should not take more than 4-8 weeks (depending upon duration of break) to start pushing your max (current max).
No exercise in last 9 years. I am 25. By exercise I meant stuff like Karate. Never done weight training as such..

No exercise in last 9 years. I am 25. By exercise I meant stuff like Karate. Never done weight training as such..
:omg: You were regular at 16! Did you earn some black-belt or something? If yes, you can start pushing harder sooner than you think you can. Anyway, 9 year gap means - practically starting from scratch. I might have been a bit too harsh on your diet plan... so, I would say, for now just follow your instructor, as he is the one who you will get to see/meet regularly. Just keep a track (log) of your progress (or lack of it), and then you can get it reviewed from others, after 3-4 months or so.

:omg: You were regular at 16! Did you earn some black-belt or something? If yes, you can start pushing harder sooner than you think you can. Anyway, 9 year gap means - practically starting from scratch. I might have been a bit too harsh on your diet plan... so, I would say, for now just follow your instructor, as he is the one who you will get to see/meet regularly. Just keep a track (log) of your progress (or lack of it), and then you can get it reviewed from others, after 3-4 months or so.
Ya.. Black belt. But I am obese now.

I have just started exercise after years. Just cardio and light weight training. This is a plan for the first week' date= I get a different plan every week. From next week on I get more lean meat, egg whites, lentils and all that jazz.
If this is for what I think it is, congratulations :winky: