India needs Express bowlers...coz no one plays quick short balls

The present Ashes test is a testimony to the fact that no team plays quick deliveries aimed at body.Before that indians were peppered in the T20 world cup.South africans faced that in the test againist the Aussies this year.No one was comfortable with bowls at the body at 90mph.All other teams seem to have bowlers whose pace increase as they play more international games.For eg.Broad,Johnson,Flintoff,Siddle,Hilfenhaus and may others.Why indians lose their pace?what is the reason?Do any of us know the answer? How can some one bowling at 150ks in his 2nd series....now become a 82Mph bowler in 1 and half years...and i mean ishant sharma.Munaf when he came was also quick.Now look at him.When will we get an express bowler and what is the gurantee that he will stay so after six months? What is the reason for all this? 1.The bowler drops pace to prolong career 2.Too much cricket 3.Our coaches/coach are fools 4.They dont train hard enough to be able to bowl fast consistently 5.They dont train hard after injury to regain the speed again(you can bowl fast even after injury if u want tait and flintoff are good examples) 6.They dont want to ball fast because some one told them that Indians are not suppose to bowl fast 7.They dont want to work hard to get the accuracy with pace and sacrifice pace to get accuracy 8.Our pitches are dodos 9.Our boards policies are wrong

We won....doesnt mean we dont need express bowlers.and people like broad were just starting then....we lost the ODIS.....and btw what happened to us in th T20....remember west indies quickies and their chin music
Cardinal sin. Never confuse your underwear for a suit.
I am yet to come across a batsman who hooks or pulls with 100% success. That includes Viv Richards. Remember 1983 world cup final. Richards miscued a pull shot against Madanlal.
With that logic, I am yet to come across a batsman who plays any shot with a 100% success. Though I think I understand what you are trying to say that pull and hook are typically risky strokes to which I agree with. Specially very few among the modern batsmen are good at these strokes because added protection means they don't have to play them. Also the restrictions on short pitch bowling.
With that logic' date=' I am yet to come across a batsman who plays [b']any shot with a 100% success. Though I think I understand what you are trying to say that pull and hook are typically risky strokes to which I agree with. Specially very few among the modern batsmen are good at these strokes because added protection means they don't have to play them. Also the restrictions on short pitch bowling.
Some guys get into position very early. Tendulkar, Ponting, Michael Vaughan. But you have to choose the right ball to go after. It has to come at the right pace, right length to give yourself time, right line to free your arms. Above all you have to get on top of the bounce. But in my memory most vicious pull i have seen is surprisingly from Dravid. Anger written all over it. This was Kolkatta Test against Pakistan. Tendulkar was adjudged caught behind i think. Dravid was literally livid. Poor Razzaq bowled a short one to him. He dismissed the ball from his presence with anger. I am not sure if we can get hold of that video. But that awesome to watch.
With that logic' date=' I am yet to come across a batsman who plays [b']any shot with a 100% success. Though I think I understand what you are trying to say that pull and hook are typically risky strokes to which I agree with. Specially very few among the modern batsmen are good at these strokes because added protection means they don't have to play them. Also the restrictions on short pitch bowling.
Another thought, might added protection also impair the strokeplay? I noticed while watching various 70s and 80s highlights that the players in those days who didn't wear helmets usually could move into position very early. Watch someone like Botham, Amarnath or Richards playing the hook with barely any upper body padding and rarely a helmet on. Batsmen who play these days with big protective helmets, upper arm guards, lower arm guards, etc obviously carry a lot more upper-body weight - for something like the hook where positioning within less than a second is so important, that would slow down movement a bit.
Another thought, might added protection also impair the strokeplay? I noticed while watching various 70s and 80s highlights that the players in those days who didn't wear helmets usually could move into position very early. Watch someone like Botham, Amarnath or Richards playing the hook with barely any upper body padding and rarely a helmet on. Batsmen who play these days with big protective helmets, upper arm guards, lower arm guards, etc obviously carry a lot more upper-body weight - for something like the hook where positioning within less than a second is so important, that would slow down movement a bit.
Yeah, that's what I was partly trying to say in my hastily written post. Lack of protective gear, IMO, has definitely led to poorer quality of strokeplay against short pitch bowling.
Speaking of pull shots' date=' can it be played more gracefully than the Laxman pull, which is hardly if ever talked about?[/quote'] Probably not. IIRC, Azhar did not have the same comfort. Vaughan probably has a case but I have not followed Vaughan's career well enough to judge it. Laxman's pulls against Australia's bowlers are amazing to watch- 1999,2001,2004 - all of them awesome knocks. In the recent tour to New Zealand too, in the 2nd test match in the 2nd innings, the bowlers kept bowling short to him, and I can't remember more than one pull shot that he mistimed - and he continuously hit all the short ones to the boundary.