Names that are going to be the long term TEST replacement for SRT,VVS,Dravid.

So what ?? Some of them look like the best bet for India...so what if they are from TN. Other options are going back to M.Kaif - Who I feel has gotten a raw deal in tests atleast. If a joker like Nohit continues to play in the side after flaterring to deceive almost always, then Kaif must get another chance.

So what ?? Some of them look like the best bet for India...so what if they are from TN. Other options are going back to M.Kaif - Who I feel has gotten a raw deal in tests atleast. If a joker like Nohit continues to play in the side after flaterring to deceive almost always, then Kaif must get another chance.
No no.. I have absolutely nothing against what your opinionated. Its just a culture in this forum that whenever someone talks in favor of TN, he will be branded that way and get pulled up, hence my comment. As long as the best players represent India, no matter whether he is from Himachal Prasdesh or Assam, if he performs well and wins matches for India, then I'll go for it anyday.

^^ I don't think you should give a damnn about what some jokers here think about your views on who deserves to play for India. As long as Kris Srikanth..isn't vetoed against by other regional selectors because of their regional bias - thats all that matter.

Can anyone replace SRT, VVS or Dravid? No one can. Why we should have names who would replace such legends? Lets just say that when these legends are not available anymore, the selectors will select the best possible 11 out of the available players. Why name replacements for particular players? No one can replace such huge legends.
oh come on, this is taking political correctness to a new level, none of us is a celeb its not as if we are going to be quoted somewhere. You know what the OP meant. Anyways Raina, Sharma, Kohli are the three i can think of.
Man - you must be having balls made out of steel to suggest that practically the entire middle order be packed with TN batsmen.. huh.. in be4 some idiot admen start whining (and warning) that you're being too Pro TN
not till i read this stupid remark did i realise the whole tn thing.
not till i read this stupid remark did i realise the whole tn thing.
you wont consider this a stupid remark, once you face the music from the overly biased admen here... anyways.. i'm neither a pro-tn nor an anti-tn... just that i am based in southern lands, some admen think that i'm pro-tn and they dont waste any time in bashing me for even the slightest support to tn players.. thats why i was telling patriot to be careful.. i hope he doesnt face anything and even if he does i think he'll give it back nicely
pujara badrinath raina/rohit vijay is an opener, and he shouldn't be used at 3
Yeah.. he can be taken on overseas tours as a cover for injuries to viru/gambhir and when they do get injuries, he should definitely be given a chance, not like using DK in ODIs. Also.. the selectors and team management should cleverly rotate the openers on a series by series basis. No point in over burning our Viru/Gambhir combination against minnows.
oh come on, this is taking political correctness to a new level, none of us is a celeb its not as if we are going to be quoted somewhere. You know what the OP meant. Anyways Raina, Sharma, Kohli are the three i can think of.
I am not trying to be politically correct......never tried to be. Its just impossible. If you ask me which candle will replace the sun, my answer will be none. But when the sun sets, we will have to manage with the available candles. None of the candles can ever be the sun. None of the available players can ever be Tendulkar. Period.

dunno why is everybody writing writing Rohit Sharma off,this guy is just 22 n has the best technique of all youngters n has the most time to play his strokes.he has failed in ODIs but in tests he can build his innings n flourish.i still feel he'll be successful in Test

you wont consider this a stupid remark, once you face the music from the overly biased admen here... anyways.. i'm neither a pro-tn nor an anti-tn... just that i am based in southern lands, some admen think that i'm pro-tn and they dont waste any time in bashing me for even the slightest support to tn players.. thats why i was telling patriot to be careful.. i hope he doesnt face anything and even if he does i think he'll give it back nicely
Hi! In case you didn't know, one of the admins is from Chennai. And in case you also didn't know, I'm also "based in southern lands." WTF cares. I'm sick of hearing "oh, Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman also failed in their early games. Only later did they get good." You've gotta be kidding yourself if you think every guy who doesn't succeed early in ODIs can turn out to be a Dravid or Tendulkar (which, btw, is a myth thats dumber than fineleg here). Or that every guy who doesn't see immediate success in Tests can turn out to be a Laxman. What sort of ridiculous logic is that? Whatever. You can delude yourself by saying Badrinath is close to Dravid but as far as i am concerned, he's not fit to wipe dravid's shoes - his first class record notwithstanding - which, is what Domaink has said twice in this thread.
Hi! In case you didn't know, one of the admins is from Chennai. And in case you also didn't know, I'm also "based in southern lands." WTF cares. I'm sick of hearing "oh, Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman also failed in their early games. Only later did they get good." You've gotta be kidding yourself if you think every guy who doesn't succeed early in ODIs can turn out to be a Dravid or Tendulkar (which, btw, is a myth thats dumber than fineleg here). Or that every guy who doesn't see immediate success in Tests can turn out to be a Laxman. What sort of ridiculous logic is that? Whatever. You can delude yourself by saying Badrinath is close to Dravid but as far as i am concerned, he's not fit to wipe dravid's shoes - his first class record notwithstanding - which, is what Domaink has said twice in this thread.
but dude.. where did i say badri or a vijay is good enough to replace the legends? i'm neither supporting them, nor subjecting them to ridicule like they are not fit to wipe RD's shoes etc. nor i'm putting down rohit sharma or others. all i was saying is pointing out to patriot that his opinion may be contrived as being pro tn by the wise men like you, which you actually did just now in my case. anyways.. i never wanted to get into this pro tn/anti tn dispute. if i went OTT to support any guy, it was Saurav and we all know he's not a southerner. as long as the best talent in india is picked to represent the country and that results in winning matches, then all's well with me. if you read the thread once again carefully, the first time the word anti-badri or anti-vijay occured in salil's post, which i thought was pretty unnecessary as the thread was going on the right direction. but the moment i said something similar (salil was commenting about anti tn and i was sarastically pointing out to someone that he's being protn) i am branded as a villain. WTF :dontknow:
Yeah.. he can be taken on overseas tours as a cover for injuries to viru/gambhir and when they do get injuries' date=' he should definitely be given a chance, not like using DK in ODIs. Also.. the selectors and team management should cleverly rotate the openers on a series by series basis. No point in over burning our Viru/Gambhir combination against minnows.[/quote'] i was thinking of vijay as a long term prospect not only as a replacement for either gauti or viru when either of them is injured