Names that are going to be the long term TEST replacement for SRT,VVS,Dravid.

Raina - His poor form with the short ball in the T20 WC notwithstanding, I think this guy is class - temperament as well as talent. Plays spin extremely well - was among the few of our batters picking Mendis of his hand in the last 2 ODI series in Lanka. Badrinath - Not the youngest of the lot, but late 20's , is not late enough me thinks. He has done everything it takes in first class cricket to be given a long run. Murali Vijay - Looks like a solid player, an ideal No.3. Batted really well when replaced Gambhir for a test. Nohit Sharma IMO has all the talent in the world, but temperamentally is a disaster. Have seen enough of him to have no confidence.

Can anyone replace SRT, VVS or Dravid? No one can. Why we should have names who would replace such legends? Lets just say that when these legends are not available anymore, the selectors will select the best possible 11 out of the available players. Why name replacements for particular players? No one can replace such huge legends.

Seeing as we still haven't found a replacement for Dada yet' date=' I'm not hopeful.[/quote'] we found a better replacement for ganguly in Gambhir ! Replacemensts Tendu - ???? (I see noone in the domestic scene anywhere close to his class)...Only Sehwag to take over his role Laxman - ???? (to those who think the answer is nohit sharma - the guy is woeful against short pitched stuff..very anti-laxman) Dravid - Vijay/Badrinath
Can anyone replace SRT, VVS or Dravid? No one can. Why we should have names who would replace such legends? Lets just say that when these legends are not available anymore, the selectors will select the best possible 11 out of the available players. Why name replacements for particular players? No one can replace such huge legends.
Cant agree more. They are legends who can never be replaced. I hate to think of the day when we have to wake up to the reality that we are going to watch a test match where there is going to be no SRT, VVS or RD. Thats a bloody bad feeling, if had been watching test cricket for the past 10-15 years. However, we have to move on. We have kind of got used to that in ODIs and T20s... so yeah.. things will move on... And lets hope that SRT goes behind the mike and can listen to more of his insights into the game. And RD can do cricket in india a great service by becoming the head coach of the NCA or something like that. Who better to teach the youngsters batting technique than the Wall himself...
Rahane Pujara Mukund Kohli Sharma Nayar Badrinath
I'm glad that you brought out this guy's name. While lot has been discussed about Pujara and Rahane, Mukund has also been making a steady case for himself. Having made his 1st class debut in 2007, this 19 year old has made 6 centuries and 2 half centuries in 16 matches. Thats a huge conversion rate and he doesnt stop at 50 or even 100, he goes on to play those huge Sehwagesque innings. I watched two of his innings last season - one at Chennai and other at Bangalore and he scores at a brisk pace as well. Although I dont want him to be rushed into the team in the near future, (he's only 19 and an ideal age to make his decut would be 23-24) by when the remaining Big 3 will be well into their retirement and there wont be much pressure to perform and he can be given a long run. And ofcourse he has to grab the opportunity and make it count

tendulkar - tbh no one will replace him as hes irreplacable, only sehwag prob can be in the shadow of him, but little effect he will be compared to the master blaster, laxman - rohit sharma has a totally different temperment comapred to VVS, laxman is a wonderful test player and imo one of the worst t20 players, quite a contrast with rohit so its hard to say for laxman dravid - badrinath is the closest with his tempermant and his record as well, we havent seen him in tests so would be interesting, whilst i think kohli might replace him, long term wise, a his technique is similar to him and his record in domestic is very good, BCCI should really pick him same as dhoni as rohit should be forgotten and kohli should be given an opportunity ganguly - HOPEFULLY long term wise raina

tendulkar - tbh no one will replace him as hes irreplacable, only sehwag prob can be in the shadow of him, but little effect he will be compared to the master blaster, laxman - rohit sharma has a totally different temperment comapred to VVS, laxman is a wonderful test player and imo one of the worst t20 players, quite a contrast with rohit so its hard to say for laxman dravid - badrinath is the closest with his tempermant and his record as well, we havent seen him in tests so would be interesting, whilst i think kohli might replace him, long term wise, a his technique is similar to him and his record in domestic is very good, BCCI should really pick him same as dhoni as rohit should be forgotten and kohli should be given an opportunity ganguly - HOPEFULLY long term wise raina
Dear god. Have any of you seen him bat before you make mentally retarded statements like this? "his technique is similar" to that of Dravid's? These sort of statements are beyond help. Has Dravid become so cheap for you that you can compare every tom,dick, and harry to him? May someone with some common sense help you.
Dear god. Have any of you seen him bat before you make mentally retarded statements like this? "his technique is similar" to that of Dravid's? These sort of statements are beyond help. Has Dravid become so cheap for you that you can compare every tom' date='dick, and harry to him? May someone with some common sense help you.[/quote']
Dear god. Have any of you seen him bat before you make mentally retarded statements like this? "his technique is similar" to that of Dravid's? These sort of statements are beyond help. Has Dravid become so cheap for you that you can compare every tom' date='dick, and harry to him? May someone with some common sense help you.[/quote'] excsuse me for being blunt, all i was pointing out was who is the closest to being technically similar to dravid, and POSSIBLY suggesting who COULD take over the rule HYPOTHETICALLY on the basis of CRICKET TODAY so take it easy!!!
Murali Vijay seems to have a decent techniquie and the one game he got he performed well. I don't know if he can last in Test cricket' date=' but I feel he has a decent chance[/quote'] Oh man.. be careful with your comments. Otherwise you'll be branded as Pro-TN and some of the admins here will ensure that you have a tough time..

No.3 Indeed !! Murali Vijay looks very solid. He must be groomed for the No.3 position, where he could be very good at seeing off initial spells incase of an early loss of wicket. Pujara may have to bat at No.3 if he wants to compete for a spot in the team. Viru/Gambo combo is doing great as of now No.4 Badrinath Ajinkya Rahane - How could I forget this Mumbai run machine. No.5 Suresh Raina Dinesh Karthick - Shown excellent technique opening the batting in England. Very good temparament. Good enough to be in the side purely as batter ? Probably.

No.3 Indeed !! Murali Vijay looks very solid. He must be groomed for the No.3 position, where he could be very good at seeing off initial spells incase of an early loss of wicket. Pujara may have to bat at No.3 if he wants to compete for a spot in the team. Viru/Gambo combo is doing great as of now No.4 Badrinath Ajinkya Rahane - How could I forget this Mumbai run machine. No.5 Suresh Raina Dinesh Karthick - Shown excellent technique opening the batting in England. Very good temparament. Good enough to be in the side purely as batter ? Probably.
Man - you must be having balls made out of steel to suggest that practically the entire middle order be packed with TN batsmen.. huh.. in be4 some idiot admen start whining (and warning) that you're being too Pro TN