Classic India Matches

Some of the ones that come immediately to mind are the following: 1979 West Indies v. India at Kensington Oval 1992 Australia v. India at Perth, 114 by Tendulkar 1993 India v. England, Tendulkar 165 and Kumble 6-for in the 2nd innings, http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63599.html :woot: 1996 Ahmedabad, SA need only 170 to win but are bundled out for 105. Srinath was amazing 1996 Calcutta, Kumble scored 88, his highest score until the 110* at the Oval in 2007 1998 Eden Gardens, Tendulkar 79, Azhar 163*, Dravid 80+, Laxman 95; India beats Australia 1998 Chennai - Tendulkar - 4 in 1st innings, 155 in second innings, Warne goes for 4+ RPO in 2nd innings, 'nuff said. 1999 at Kotla, v. Pakistan, 10-fer 'nuff said. 2000-01 Eden Gardens, Laxman 281; Dravid 180; Tendulkar's 3 Wickets; Harbhajan's bowling 2002 Leeds, Dravid 148, Tendulkar 193, Ganguly 100+* 2003-04 Multan, Sehwag 309, end of Saqlain Mushtaq 2003-04 Rawalpindi, Dravid 270 (no matter what the neighbors say, that was a hell of a knock).2 2003-04 Adelaide, Dravid 233 and 72*, Laxman 148 - India won 2006 West Indies tour, final match for Dravid's twin fifties :hail: 2007-08 Australia tour, at Perth :woot:

As for the Odis, do watch all of Indias matches in the 03 WC except the match against Holland and the two matches against OZ :D. Other honorable mentions are the 02 Natwest Finals, 02 CT, 1998 Sharjhah, and the match in 92 where Sachin won us the match with his bowling in the last over.

As for the Odis' date=' do watch all of Indias matches in the 03 WC except the match against Holland and the two matches against OZ :D. Other honorable mentions are the 02 Natwest Finals, 02 CT, 1998 Sharjhah, and the match in 92 where Sachin won us the match with his bowling in the last over.[/quote'] :nono: 1993 Hero Cup at Eden Gardens, SF against SA 1993 Hero Cup Finals against West Indies - Kumble :hail: :hail:
'92 WC match against Pakistan '96 WC match against Pakistan '99 WC match against Pakistan '03 WC match against Pakistan '07 T20 WC match against Pakistan '07 T20 final against Pakistan. :D
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:

I would certainly rate Sachin's desert storm against the aussies in sharjah as one of the best displays of individual brilliance. But as a team, 1. All the test series since 2001 against the aussies 2. The jeet lo dil tour of pakistan, Remember 'Balaji zara deere chalo'.... 3. The 2003 world cup, except the finals. 4. Independence Cup, Bangladesh, 1998, Hrishikesh kanitkar's heroic climax 5. Champions Trophy, Sri Lanka, 2002 6. The recent chennai test against england There are so many that I am not able to remember the dates exactly. I will post them later

Living in Australia, I always fire up for Australia-India matches, and rate wins against the baggy greens higher than most. Tests 1980-81 Melbourne (Aus need 143 to win in last innings, bowled out for 83. Kapil 5fer) 1997-98 Chennai 1997-98 Kolkata 2000-01 Kolkata 2000-01 Chennai 2003-04 Adelaide 2007-08 Perth ODIs 1983 World Cup, final group game (needed to win it to qualify for the semis) 1985 WCC group game 1987 World Cup, second group game against them (first group game we lost by 1 run) Haven't won a 50/50 WC game against them since. :(( 1991-92 WSC game in Perth. You don't often beat them by over 100 runs in an ODI. :--D 1998 Desert Storm Final 1998 and 2000 Champions Trophy qualifying matches 2003-04 VB Series game in Brisbane VVS 100, SRT 80odd with a crook groin. First ODI win against Australia in Australia since 1991 2007-08 CB Finals. SRT answering critics of his record in finals in empathic style. :two_thumbs_up: T20 2007 World T20 semi-final

Any India vs Pak is always a classical And more so in recent times
I would think the rivalry was at its peak in the late 90's early 2000's, with the likes of Waqar, Wasim in the fray, well since then the Pakistani challege has tailed off, well for reasons which are known to all.

most of the all time favorites that immediately come to my mind have already been posted by others here. so i decided to dig into my memory to recollect some of the other great matches, that were forgotten by most as time went by.. 1987 World cup opener at Chennai. India lost to Australia by 1 run (but we beat them in the 2nd leg in delhi convincingly). That was the first ODI played at Chennai and it was my first taste of live cricket in stadia Same worldcup - last league match against kiwis when Sunil Gavaskar blasted his way through for his maiden test hundred. In fact he was scoring at a higher strke rate than Srikanth which was a rarity. Icing on the cake was Chetan Sharma's first ever hat trick in WC. 1986 January test against the visiting West Indies at Chennai. Hirwani took 8 for in both innings to bring down the mighty west indians. Some Sharjah matches that we won against pakistanis in the late 80s and early 90s -although they were few. *** I'm not sure whether you can find the videos of the above matches (most matches played in the 80s and early 90s in India) anywhere, as even Doordarshan would not have it in their library. I have not seen any video of the 1987 WC after it was over. Its strange thatwe get to see the highlights from 75, 79 and 83 worldcups but not 87 WC. Doordarshan zindabad *** ---- You should be able to find the below matches, as they are from the satellite channels like star, espn ---- The 1993 whitewash of the English team at Calcutta, Madras and Bombay.. The best ever home series we had. Sachin' first ODI as an opener where he smashed a 80+ which was the beginning of great things ahead. The Shourabh Dadagiri in the second edition of Sahara cup at toronto. We literally owned the Pakis in that tournament. One of very few tournaments that Sachin wonas captain. All matches were wonderful. The Independence Cup final at Dhaka where India and Pakistan clashed. It was a high scoring match. First time india chased down a 300+ target and set a world record as well.(we held on to that record for sometime at that time), thanks to Navjot Singh Siddhu's 100 and a cameo by Kanitkar with a last ball 4, which brought him instant fame. Around the same time India toured Pakistan for a 3 match series. The Karachi match saw Rajesh Chauhan hit a last ball sixer to win the match for us. Was it Saqlain Mushtaq who bowled the last over?? The 1999 Chennai test against Pakistan - Sachin's back breaking century and the mindless collapse at the end left many of us (including me) weeping in the stands as we gave a standing ovation to the paki victory lap. In less than a week, Kumble brought the cheer back - yeah, the Kumble test match in Delhi. The first time ever I saw a perfect 10 (and last time too). Remember - Srinath bowling wides to ensure that the mindless pakis dont coomit suicide to deny Kumble. We were so jubilant that we took to the streets after the win There was one session of play in a test match in South Africa when both Tendulkar and Azharuddin, literally made Donald, Klusener, McMillan look like school boy cricketers. The first ODI of our 2003 tour of pakistan - the Dil Jeet Lo series. It was memorable due to the atmosphere created by the India/Pakistan bhai bhai saga... Let me think of more and come back...