Mitchell Johnson & IKP

Is it fair to draw a parallel between Mitchell Johnson's (lack of) performance and Irfan? Both are left arm seamers Both started off splendidly Both showed promise with the bat at about the same time they forgot how to bowl. Is it too early to pass this judgement on MJ? Disclaimer: I dont put too much thought before creating threads, so please be gentle before ripping me apart :--D

Is it fair to draw a parallel between Mitchell Johnson's (lack of) performance and Irfan? Both are left arm seamers Both started off splendidly Both showed promise with the bat at about the same time they forgot how to bowl. Is it too early to pass this judgement on MJ? Disclaimer: I dont put too much thought before creating threads, so please be gentle before ripping me apart :--D
Your Disclaimes saves you. :P
It could just be an off series' date=' lets give him some time before completely writing him off[/quote'] Difference is, when Johnson is bowling pies, his pies are top clocked at 93mph, while pathans is 93kph, while pathan probably has better seam release, johnson is much more dangerous with the ball, picks up wickets in braces even when he is bowling bad, his batting is far superior than pathans
Guest Hiten.
Difference is' date=' when Johnson is bowling pies, his pies are top clocked at 93mph, while pathans is 93kph, while pathan probably has better seam release, johnson is much more dangerous with the ball, picks up wickets in braces even when he is bowling bad, his batting is far superior than pathans[/quote'] Umm...why does it matter at what pace are you throwing your pie ? :hmmmm:

Pathan is forsure better batsman than M.Johnson though M.Johson tops as a bowler...as a matter of fact, Pathan batting technique/stance is actually better than some of our top Batsmen.. that extra pace M.Johnson generated all day gives him huge advantage over Pathan... if Pathan even clocks low 140s he canl be better than M.Johnson...

The biggest problem with Pathan is that he doesn't focus on his strengths enough. At his best he's a pure swing bowler (although he can get some seam movement) that can use excellent seam position to really move the ball around. His biggest problem though is that he throws in so much crap variation like off cutters, slower deliveries and other nonsense that he's not so good at. He already has problems with his accuracy so he should just focus on bowling two stock deliveries, one that has that side on seam that swings into the right hander and other that keeps straight. But with playing T20/ODI cricket he's completely messed up his consistency.