Freaks in cricket.

patriot

You don't have to make every thread a lame idol worshipping thread w/o understanding the context. Do you even know the meaning of " freak" ? What the 35 yr old Adam Gilchrist did to Lanka in the 2007 WC finals in the space of half an hour of the match - is what you call a freak. Viv Richards in an era where 200 was a par score , had a strike rate of over 90 at an avg of almost 48 - BOTH FAR SUPERIOR than what SRT has even in an era were 300 is common score.
:hysterical::hysterical: makin an ass out himself yet again. i know where this thread is going....
You don't have to make every thread a lame idol worshipping thread w/o understanding the context. Do you even know the meaning of " freak" ? What the 35 yr old Adam Gilchrist did to Lanka in the 2007 WC finals in the space of half an hour of the match - is what you call a freak. Viv Richards in an era where 200 was a par score , had a strike rate of over 90 at an avg of almost 48 - BOTH FAR SUPERIOR than what SRT has even in an era were 300 is common score.
Don't come and ask for opinions if you can't take it.:finger:
LOL..I din't even mention Sachin...till a couple of idol worshipping retards here started jaaping a mala of his name.
That was uncalled for. Don't bother coming to a forum if you don't have the basic manners. Personal insults are not allowed here. You open a thread asking for opinions, I expressed mine. You are welcome to disagree, but you are not welcome to insult if you disagree.
That was uncalled for. Don't bother coming to a forum if you don't have the basic manners. Personal insults are not allowed here. You open a thread asking for opinions, I expressed mine. You are welcome to disagree, but you are not welcome to insult if you disagree.
Coming from someone who probably din't blink twice before posting a middle finger above . Or was that meant to be a namaste ? Go shed your crocodile tears infront of the moderators who turn a blind eye to all the abuse I get for challenging SRT's so called greatness. Yes I disagreed to your opinion - and you retorted by stickling out a middle finger, above - Why cry foul then. You are one hypocrite.
Sachin Tendulkar is the first name that comes to my mind. The names you have listed are definitely there as well.
Probably Sachin Tendulkar of the 96-98 years. Post 99 WC, he has been a meticulous accumalator of runs. not someone who can mercilessly destroy the opposition and turn matches from positions that seem impossible.
Now' date=' don't break down a career and chose the part that suits you. There was a time that Viru looked quite useless playing horrendous shots getting out looking worse than Afridi. Dont forget that it was not too long ago that Tendulkar destroyed Australia in Australia single handedly in consecutive matches. Tendulkar is a matured cricketer that does what is best suited for the team and the situation. That does not mean that he is incapable of destruction at will.[/quote']
Don't come and ask for opinions if you can't take it.:finger:
As far as I can see, Domaink said that Tendulkar is the freakiest cricket he's seen. You started calling this a lame idol worshipping thread when he defended why he thought so. Only after you questioned his ability to understand English did he criticize you saying that when you start a thread you ought to accept all responses, and if you don't want to hear people claiming for Sachin to be a freak, then put it in the OP. And yes, what you are saying counts as abuse. Domaink has been nice enough not to report your crap yet. Post within the forum guidelines or gtfo.
Murali's ability to turn anywhere makes him really freakish. There was a demonstration by Murali when he toured Australia recently. I think Mark nicholas was interviewing him. Fascinating to watch. Very humble guy.
Actually...he did one with Warnie too, who showed off his entire armour towards the 2nd half of the clip below. Murali - yeah he is a freak - but I guess doubts about his action viz a viz Warne's classical will always put question marks about his achievements which is unfortunate. kfZgFi9Q9gc
As far as I can see, Domaink said that Tendulkar is the freakiest cricket he's seen. You started calling this a lame idol worshipping thread when he defended why he thought so. Only after you questioned his ability to understand English did he criticize you saying that when you start a thread you ought to accept all responses, and if you don't want to hear people claiming for Sachin to be a freak, then put it in the OP. And yes, what you are saying counts as abuse. Domaink has been nice enough not to report your crap yet. Post within the forum guidelines or gtfo.
...And what zubinpepsi said counts as felicitations ? Calling someone idol worshipping is NOT an abuse, unless that someone is that incompetent biased moderator called graphic23 ..or whatever.
...And what zubinpepsi said counts as felicitations ? Calling someone idol worshipping is NOT an abuse' date=' unless that someone is that incompetent biased moderator called graphic23 ..or whatever.[/quote'] Oh Graphic is a fine poster a’right, which is why he was made the Mod and you’re getting close being booted out. Btw, since you have started questioning other people’s competence, for starters, I’d like to know what your core competencies are.
Oh Graphic is a fine poster a’right, which is why he was made the Mod and you’re getting close being booted out. Btw, since you have started questioning other people’s competence, for starters, I’d like to know what your core competencies are.
The 2nd part is none of your business. The fact that graphic has turned a blind eye, to all the abuse that I have coped on the Ganguly's captaincy thread and is very quick to jump on to such threads..points that he is either biased or incompetent or both. I am not worried about getting booted out - I like most people have a life outside a message board . This is just a frickin cricketing forum afterall - maybe it means alot more to your life. I do not believe that certain " legends" of ours are as great as they are made out to be - and I am entitled to my opinion. What is sad is how the moderators have different yardsticks for different posters here and how differences of opinion against majority get abused - something that " competent" moderators like graphic23 could best explain.
The 2nd part is none of your business.
Just like how it is none of YOUR business to go around making blanket statements about our moderation. We don’t need YOU to pronounce judgments on the moderation standards here, because we know that all our moderators are fair and unbiased almost all the time.
I am not worried about getting booted out - I like most people have a life outside a message board.
Oh here we go again.. Another ‘Mr.I-have-a-life’..What life is it mister, that you had to forego to post on a message board? Could it be that you spend your mornings solving the mystery of the universe and your nights playing super-hero? How awesome!! And if you haven’t realized as yet, the ‘differences of opinion against the majority’ that try to take shelter under, turns out be cheap shots against mature opinion, just like this
Now, don't break down a career and chose the part that suits you. There was a time that Viru looked quite useless playing horrendous shots getting out looking worse than Afridi. Dont forget that it was not too long ago that Tendulkar destroyed Australia in Australia single handedly in consecutive matches. Tendulkar is a matured cricketer that does what is best suited for the team and the situation. That does not mean that he is incapable of destruction at will.
You don't have to make every thread a lame idol worshipping thread w/o understanding the context. Do you even know the meaning of " freak" ? What the 35 yr old Adam Gilchrist did to Lanka in the 2007 WC finals in the space of half an hour of the match - is what you call a freak. Viv Richards in an era where 200 was a par score , had a strike rate of over 90 at an avg of almost 48 - BOTH FAR SUPERIOR than what SRT has even in an era were 300 is common score
Domaink was quite clearly making a cricketing point, while you retaliated with a cheap pot-shot about 'lame idol worshipping' when quite clearly, there was none.
The 2nd part is none of your business. The fact that graphic has turned a blind eye, to all the abuse that I have coped on the Ganguly's captaincy thread and is very quick to jump on to such threads..points that he is either biased or incompetent or both.
You were arguing with half the admin panel in that thread. If they didn't find anything wrong, neither did I.
I am not worried about getting booted out - I like most people have a life outside a message board . This is just a frickin cricketing forum afterall - maybe it means alot more to your life. I do not believe that certain " legends" of ours are as great as they are made out to be - and I am entitled to my opinion.
Great to know. Your trolling was pointing to the opposite.
What is sad is how the moderators have different yardsticks for different posters here and how differences of opinion against majority get abused - something that " competent" moderators like graphic23 could best explain.
If I find something wrong with anyone's post, as a moderator, I will do what I have to. Some posters have been here long enough and have been at the top in terms of contribution to the site. They know what they can post and what they can't. So in that sense, yes, I can claim to have never edited/deleted any of Domaink's posts because he's been a fantastic poster and has never crossed the line even when in heated debates, and is part of the ICF Staff here. Furthermore, he's been a member for longer than I have - again, he knows what counts as abuse and what doesn't. When you ask for "freaks of cricket", and someone nominates Tendulkar and defends their nomination, you can't blow that off saying "you don't understand the meaning of freak." Perhaps you should've defined it better in your OP or better yet - titled the thread "Freaks in Cricket - No Indian legends please" and no one would bother you. Since you didn't do that, and you started brushing off other people's opinions, he rightly responded in the way you deserved to be. I didn't see anything wrong with it. If you've got a problem, report his post, and should any of the admins feel that he did something wrong, the appropriate action will be taken. Now, stop acting like a victim. No one has any agenda against you, and despite being what you would call a 'worshiper', I don't intend to ban you. You're just going to join in the other "objectionist" and "realist" fans here, and no one is going to be bothered enough to care. Continue on with the thread, and if you've got a problem, use the Private Messaging tools.