SRK Detained and Humiliated at Newark Airport

Rajiv

Guys, please watch that press conference. It will clear the air and answer all the questions. It is 40 min long and he addresses all the supposed "publicity stunt" and "special treatment" issues. He has at least 10 times said that he does NOT/will NEVER expect special treatment. He is clearly saying that he is nobody to go against the rules. Link
Yeah cos SRK words are gospel. Shame we cant hear the other side of the story from USA offcials. By the way do you believe everything/anoyone says in press confreneces, or is that privilige only reserved for Mr Khan?

Enough has been said in this thread I dont know where to start. 1. SRK should just shut it and forget it, if not let him start an organization or do something about it, let him donate all the earnings from his movie "My name is Khan" to ACLU or some other civil right organization, and then I will believe he stands up for his principles. 2. There have been numerous complaints about the power and behavior of TSA officials that there needs to be some changes, making it more transparent, publishing the efficacy of their searches, publishing the no fly and watch lists etc. 3. Bob Dylan was arrested and detained in New Jersey, so was Lindsay Lohan strip searched in Dubai (since she is into drugs and the middle eastern countries are very strict about that), these things happen, and these are not national emergencies, so our esteemed parliamentarians should focus on important issues and not go around making fools of themselves. Unless and until people in diplomat visas are harassed by the Airport security, the government has no business stepping in. If this were Sanjay Dutt ( a convicted criminal), who was detained in an US airport, do you think things would be any different?

Thats totally unfair in politically correct terms, in rational terms thats BS. That is like saying India won 1983 WC because of every single player, including Sunil Walson who did not play and Sunil Gavaskar who scored under 60 runs in 6 innings @10 and under. Please learn to differentiate between CIA and TSA instead of the whole political rant of "Every single agency is responsible". xxx
How the hell do you know that TSA did not play ANY part in preventing terrorist attacks? If the TSA were not needed it would have been disbanded. Here is one case I could find on a foiled terror plot:
Information on Plot to Attack John F. Kennedy Airport Information on Plot to Attack John F. Kennedy Airport News & Happenings June 4, 2007 On June 2, the U.S. Department of Justice announced arrests in a foiled terrorist plot to attack John F. Kennedy (JFK) Airport. For more than a year, there has been a tightly coordinated effort led by the FBI that also involved law enforcement, the intelligence community, DHS components including TSA and CBP, as well as international partners. Within TSA, the office of Law Enforcement/Federal Air Marshal Service, Intelligence and Security Operations were actively involved. This coordinated effort shows once again that the best way to stop terrorist attacks is to break them up before they become operational. http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/jfk_terror_plot.shtm

Enough has been said in this thread I dont know where to start. 1. SRK should just shut it and forget it, if not let him start an organization or do something about it, let him donate all the earnings from his movie "My name is Khan" to ACLU or some other civil right organization, and then I will believe he stands up for his principles. 2. There have been numerous complaints about the power and behavior of TSA officials that there needs to be some changes, making it more transparent, publishing the efficacy of their searches, publishing the no fly and watch lists etc. 3. Bob Dylan was arrested and detained in New Jersey, so was Lindsay Lohan strip searched in Dubai (since she is into drugs and the middle eastern countries are very strict about that), these things happen, and these are not national emergencies, so our esteemed parliamentarians should focus on important issues and not go around making fools of themselves. Unless and until people in diplomat visas are harassed by the Airport security, the government has no business stepping in. If this were Sanjay Dutt ( a convicted criminal), who was detained in an US airport, do you think things would be any different?
ABSOLUTELY!!

Thats totally unfair in politically correct terms, in rational terms thats BS. That is like saying India won 1983 WC because of every single player, including Sunil Walson who did not play and Sunil Gavaskar who scored under 60 runs in 6 innings @10 and under. Please learn to differentiate between CIA and TSA instead of the whole political rant of "Every single agency is responsible". xxx
RICHARD REID (Muslim convert name: ABDUL RAHEEM) better known as the SHOE BOMBER Dec 22, 2001 attempted to ignite the fuse that was hidden under the flap of shoe sole....eventually was subdued by several passenger Departure: Charles De Gaule Airport Paris, France Destination: Miami, Florida, USA. if airport security agency did their job in Paris and gave him that "extra" check by looking at his name on his passport...they would have prevented this. And now we all have to suffer by taking off our shoes every time before we enter the metal detector and then tying our shoes back on after we go thru.

Yeah cos SRK words are gospel. Shame we cant hear the other side of the story from USA offcials. By the way do you believe everything/anoyone says in press confreneces, or is that privilige only reserved for Mr Khan?
So one should not even believe what the guy has to say with his own damn mouth! :congrats::congrats:

if Sikh terrorists were blowing up buildings and killing people all over the world then they would have had to go thru the same thing in America. The moment you use religion as a tool to cause terrorism....is the moment when you choose focus the spotlight on your group knowingly. THERE IS NO WAY to have pinpoint intelligence about one single individual arriving at the airport with a suitcase bomb! You have to check every single person of similar descent, background, facial, physical appearance and LAST NAME! to be 100% effective in security.... is it fair for those 90% innocent sharing the same common link? NO....but the moment 20 hijackers walked thru those airports ...time BEFORE...racial profiling and extra security checks....took advantage of the slack and blew up 4 planes and killed 3000 people....that moment THEY voluntarily snatched RIGHTS of their OWN people. get this thru your thick skull
Absolutley!!!!:two_thumbs_up: But there is no way Lurker the defender of all things islam will ever see that:haha: Victim mentality that he has! Racial profiling is a must. Look at the UK, now there is a jihad threat so they are monitoring muslim communities and their mosques etc. Rightly so as this is clearly were the threat is. But if you follow the logic of loonies like Lurker. Then the UK authorties should be spending exactly the same time monitoring other communities like christians, buddhists, hindus, jews and others. Even though there is no threat at all of terrorism from them. Thats daft but the logic Lurker and co want. Its like if the police see two 80 year old nuns walking down one side of the street and on the other see two 26 year old mullahs on the other, then the poilice should flip a coin on who to search according to Lurker:hysterical:

So one should not even believe what the guy has to say with his own damn mouth! :congrats::congrats:
SRK is a business man.He will always come up with politically correct statements.A perfect chaalu. His statement that he would come to US just for his fans were such a laughable one.So he comes to US for his fans only .I believe that.

I repeat do you believe everything you hear in all press confrences? Or is it only SRKs that you 100% believe?
I think if you were smart enough you would have understood what I meant. Clearly, this is not the case. Let me make it simpler. Yes, I absolutely believe what he has to say. I think he would be utterly foolish to hold up a press conference outside his house when this issue has literally been made into a political debate and speak falsitude. At least it is better to believe what the man says with his own mouth than believe rumours here and there!

SRK is a business man.He will always come up with politically correct statements.A perfect chaalu. His statement that he would come to US just for his fans were such a laughable one.So he comes to US for his fans only .I believe that.
This is why I told you people to watch that thing first. If anything he has hardly been politically correct.

2. There have been numerous complaints about the power and behavior of TSA officials that there needs to be some changes, making it more transparent, publishing the efficacy of their searches, publishing the no fly and watch lists etc.
There job is not to appease PC brigade or human rights watches. It is to ensure maximum security for american decisions. Thus I am sure they keep their options very flexible in this. Thus why the hell are they going to make it transperent??? The procedure was quite simple. They are being targeted by Islamic loonies, so saw a muslim called Khan entering THEIR country and so stopped and questioned him. Common sense if you ask me. They did not go away and torture him, arrest him or whisk him to guantammo bay. They just questioned him and slightly delayed him.

Thank you making my point. Of course you have None and so you shall resort to "Look how many times US has been attacked" nonsense. Reality check - Attacks did NOT happen NOT because of TSA efforts. And congratulations for not knowing a SINGLE name.
Dont you think such stringent security measures by TSA are a huge deterrent to any mischief mongers?!? To me, that's half the battle won!!

There job is not to appease PC brigade or human rights watches. It is to ensure maximum security for american decisions. Thus I am sure they keep their options very flexible in this. Thus why the hell are they going to make it transperent??? The procedure was quite simple. They are being targeted by Islamic loonies, so saw a muslim called Khan entering THEIR country and so stopped and questioned him. Common sense if you ask me. They did not go away and torture him, arrest him or whisk him to guantammo bay. They just questioned him and slightly delayed him.
They have to be transparent to continue, there is opposition within the US to their practices, and if they have to survive they need to be more transparent than they are currently. And I personaly believe no organization can or should have the power without the accountability.

As usual the hate Islam brigade is out of control. :hysterical: If you think it is perfectly logical for all muslims to be stopped anytime anywhere cause of what those 20 guys did, then argument ends right there. The main issue here is not about national security or a country's right to secure it's borders from would be criminals. Anyone with a sane mind (and yes including the anti-muslim brigade here on ICF:winky:) would agree that those are a given. Question is, do you stop a person simply because "their name came up"? Is such a system even useful in the first place where names "just popup"? And remember, same Khan name doesn't "popup" all the time. Only when the system "decides" it was "time to popup a Khan". :giggle:

blah blah blah... Mumbai attacks happened because we have open borders .. anyone comes and goes.. US is safe cuz they have these rules in place.. scream all you want suckers.. SRK or whoever, you come to US, obey the rule of land or dont come.. He came to Houston, along with saif, kareena, katreena, kumar sanu etc. to meet and greet fans.. and ticket price $ 25 last weekend.. what chhindhis..

Don't over-react guys SRK is making a issue of this, he is JUST promoting his movie which is similar based on the same thing "khan" This is the reason i hate SRK, after the 9/11 security in Us has be tighten, SRK is no god or a person to be an exception for security check up SRK is just framing us the indians as the law breakers and nothing else. US cant change rules for a single person even SRK is no good person, nor a huge personality just a entertainer of public btw why wasn't the isssue highlighted in the Sir Kalam's incident?

Don't over-react guys SRK is making a issue of this, he is JUST promoting his movie which is similar based on the same thing "khan" This is the reason i hate SRK, after the 9/11 security in Us has be tighten, SRK is no god or a person to be an exception for security check up SRK is just framing us the indians as the law breakers and nothing else. US cant change rules for a single person even SRK is no good person, nor a huge personality just a entertainer of public btw why wasn't the isssue highlighted in the Sir Kalam's incident?
Well if u saw his PC, 1)SRK didnt expect any preferential treatment,hes okay if nobody recognises him 2)his not angry with officer following the procedure,he just the procedure to be better n more smooth.its just his opinion n anyone can have that 3)i would have agreed with u that he is promoting his movie if it was releasing in near future,but its releasing in Jan end.people will forget this incident till then n i think nobody will go to watch the movie because of it.

Well if u saw his PC, 1)SRK didnt expect any preferential treatment,hes okay if nobody recognises him 2)his not angry with officer following the procedure,he just the procedure to be better n more smooth.its just his opinion n anyone can have that 3)i would have agreed with u that he is promoting his movie if it was releasing in near future,but its releasing in Jan end.people will forget this incident till then n i think nobody will go to watch the movie because of it.
I agree that maybe that 1 person was a moron but how smart is it to say "I will never come to US ... I only come for fans". A bigger man wouldn't use those 66 mins to promote a movie.

I agree that maybe that 1 person was a moron but how smart is it to say "I will never come to US ... I only come for fans". A bigger man wouldn't use those 66 mins to promote a movie.
well that statement is only to please tha fans:winky:infact yesterday he said he'll go there again but less times n i would have agreed that he is promoting his movie if its gonna release soon but its releasing in Jan,everybody will forget about this incident till then.n i dont think anybody will watch te movie just because of this.SRK is smart enuf to realise that(atleast i hope so:winky:)