Charles Coventry' of Zimbabwe equals Saeed Anwar's record.

Guest gaurav_indian

Guest Hiten.
Yea Anwar was dropped by Sunil Joshi once. He just got lucky. Look at the other scores in his career. I don't think he ever crossed 150 more than the one occasion. He had a by runner for the best part of the innings which made his job easier. Stupid Azharuddin for allowing him a runner.
Be humble and accept the fact. Anwar deserved the record as much as Coventory does at the moment. No one gets lucky cuz of fielding blunder, one has to capitalize it. Well done, Coventory.
Be humble and accept the fact. Anwar deserved the record as much as Coventory does at the moment. No one gets lucky cuz of fielding blunder' date=' one has to capitalize it. Well done, Coventory.[/quote'] I am glad Coventry equalled it. :two_thumbs_up: I am sad he didn't break it .Indeed it was poetic to equal and remain not out
Yea Anwar was dropped by Sunil Joshi once. He just got lucky. Look at the other scores in his career. I don't think he ever crossed 150 more than the one occasion. He had a by runner for the best part of the innings which made his job easier. Stupid Azharuddin for allowing him a runner.
In fact, if you examine Anwar's career, you will find that he was a very unfit player. Whenever he scored big batting first, he would not come out to field. A substitute would come out for him. And then the runner business.
He only equalled the record.Anwar still holds the record with this guy. Anwar hit more 6's' date=' 4's faced less balls, did not had advantage of power plays . I do not rate Convenrtry innings since it came against a minnow.[/quote'] No.. Coventry Not out :two_thumbs_up: . Coventry didn't open the innings. Coventry didn't have a by runner. For Zimbabwe Bangladesh is not a minnow. It is relative. BD is minnow. But how many players have scored 194 against them?
No.. Coventry Not out :two_thumbs_up: . Coventry didn't open the innings. Coventry didn't have a by runner. For Zimbabwe Bangladesh is not a minnow. It is relative. BD is minnow. But how many players have scored 194 against them?
The record is for highest number of runs in ODI which is equalled. Also Anwar did away from home, against non minnow, in extreme heat, on a big ground. Most Ceventry 6's would have been caught in Chennai ground. Anwar was not fit so his record is even more remarkable. Bangladesh is a minnow in ODIs.
The record is for highest number of runs in ODI which is equalled. Also Anwar did away from home' date=' against non minnow, in extreme heat, on a big ground. Most Ceventry 6's would have been caught in Chennai ground. Anwar was not fit so his record is even more remarkable. Bangladesh is a minnow in ODIs.[/quote'] Tips: Match fixing, BCCI money power, Indian Media.:secret:
The record is for highest number of runs in ODI which is equalled. Also Anwar did away from home' date=' against non minnow, in extreme heat, on a big ground. Most Ceventry 6's would have been caught in Chennai ground. Anwar was not fit so his record is even more remarkable. Bangladesh is a minnow in ODIs.[/quote'] Everything cancels out because he had runner running for him for almost 100 runs. You have to score 194 without any assistance. One of the reason why he never crossed 150 every in his life apart from that one innings. Anwar played on the flattest track possible. For one dayers they make it extra flat. Remember Chris Harris at chennai. He made 130 there. I certainly rate Coventry's 194 not out ahead of Anwar. It is hard enough to play for Zimbabwe let alone making 194 !!
Everything cancels out because he had runner running for him for almost 100 runs. You have to score 194 without any assistance. One of the reason why he never crossed 150 every in his life apart from that one innings. Anwar played on the flattest track possible. For one dayers they make it extra flat. Remember Chris Harris at chennai. He made 130 there. I certainly rate Coventry's 194 not out ahead of Anwar. It is hard enough to play for Zimbabwe let alone making 194 !!
Nothing cancels out. The facts are this unknown guy was scored against a minnow, power play advantage,small ground, flat track and dropped catches. Chris Harris & Anwar not scoring 150+ again is not relevant. World Records are made only once. Ceventry innings was good but doesnt deserved to be called world class like Anwar's & must have another * sign with it to show its lower class.:nice:
Nothing cancels out. The facts are this unknown guy was scored against a minnow' date= power play advantage,small ground, flat track and dropped catches. Chris Harris & Anwar not scoring 150+ again is not relevant. World Records are made only once. Ceventry innings was good but doesnt deserved to be called world class like Anwar's & must have another * sign with it to show its lower class.:nice:
Unknown guy. That is why it is better. Like Anwar was not dropped. Phew. Joshi dropped him. Again BD is minnow for other countries not for Zimbabwe. If anything Zimbabwe is the minnow

Over the last so many years, there have been numerous threads across forums all over the world speculating who will break that record some day. Virender Sehwag, I think, has been the most suggested name. Other names like Gayle, Hayden, Sanga, Ponting, Dhoni etc were suggested. No one ever said "Charles Coventry" from a troubled team playing insignificant matches in turbulent times. The fact that he is little known, makes it all the more special. No one ever named a Charles Coventry (or someone like him) because no one credited him with much ability. It takes something special to stay there for that long and score those many runs (without a runner). Irrespective of whether Charles Coventry will achieve anything else of significance in his career, he will be remembered with respect.