Charles Coventry' of Zimbabwe equals Saeed Anwar's record.

Guest gaurav_indian

How does this have any relevance to your earlier point that "This shows that Cricket in Zimbabwe is improving."?
I was saying it may be an indication that it indeed is improving. When someone achieves something from a minnow team, its not always undeserving. May be they are getting better than they are. Andy Flower was a much better batsman than his stats suggested.

The record is not broken, yes he is on top on cricinfo's list but the record is shared, well if someone asked you who is the leading scorer in odi's ? you would hafto mention both names because they got the same score. and even though zimbabwe and bangladesh have odi status but it was more of a park game to be honest because both are minnows.

The record is not broken' date=' yes he is on top on cricinfo's list but the record is shared, well if someone asked you who is the leading scorer in odi's ? you would hafto mention both names because they got the same score. and even though zimbabwe and [b']bangladesh have odi status but it was more of a park game to be honest because both are minnows.
Banladesh has test status. And they have won more matches than Pakistan in the last two months.

Meaningless record in a game with two crap teams, really. It's always a shame when prestigious records fall in games against minnows like when Sri Lanka beat the ODI innings record against Netherlands.Anyway I just hope that the first double hundred is achieved in a proper game and by an ODI player of the stature of Anwar or Viv.

Meaningless record in a game with two crap teams' date=' really. It's always a shame when prestigious records fall in games against minnows like when Sri Lanka beat the ODI innings record against Netherlands.Anyway I just hope that the first double hundred is achieved in a proper game and by an ODI player of the stature of Anwar or Viv.[/quote'] Meaningless? crap teams? you weren't saying that when you spent a whole year playing only them two sides :P
Meaningless record in a game with two crap teams' date=' really. It's always a shame when prestigious records fall in games against minnows like when Sri Lanka beat the ODI innings record against Netherlands.Anyway I just hope that the first double hundred is achieved in a proper game and by an ODI player of the stature of Anwar or Viv.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Good to see these reactions. Way to go Coventry,what a man!:dance:
Guest gaurav_indian
Meaningless record in a game with two crap teams' date=' really. It's always a shame when prestigious records fall in games against minnows like when Sri Lanka beat the ODI innings record against Netherlands.Anyway I just hope that the first double hundred is achieved in a proper game and by an ODI player of the stature of Anwar or Viv.[/quote'] Wow you should appreciate this inning. Records are meant to be broken.

Azharuddin was a traitor...obv he approved runner for Anwar this shows.... Zimbabwe should be given more chances to play int'l cricket! They're awesome........they're playing like this after not been able to play int'l cricket for a long time!

Meaningless record in a game with two crap teams' date=' really. It's always a shame when prestigious records fall in games against minnows like when Sri Lanka beat the ODI innings record against Netherlands.Anyway I just hope that the first double hundred is achieved in a proper game and by an ODI player of the stature of Anwar or Viv.[/quote'] ODI player of the stature of Anwar or Viv? Anwar, had an average of 39 and a strike rate of 80, sorry he has no stature in the greats of cricket be it odi or test.
ODI player of the stature of Anwar or Viv? Anwar' date=' had an average of 39 and a strike rate of 80, sorry he has no stature in the greats of cricket be it odi or test.[/quote'] Anwar has more stature in ODIs than most players. He is Pakistan greatest ODI opener ever.The top ODI openers of all time will be Sachin,Anwar,Gilchrist & Jayasuriya.
i watched the match live.. traveled on rail to Chennai.. was booing Anwar till he crossed 130. suddenly every1 started cheering' date=', will never forget this moment. was a special innings from a gifted player sad to see an unknown[b'] take it away.
my friend.. to break an record you hafto go one better if he got 195 fair enough he has broken it obviously but he has equalled it only therefore nothing has been broken, because anwar done it first he still holds the record, example when a champion in boxing draws in a match he still retains the title right?
Anwar has more stature in ODIs than most players. He is Pakistan greatest ODI opener ever.The top ODI openers of all time will be Sachin' date='Anwar,Gilchrist & Jayasuriya.[/quote'] He maybe Pakistans best opener by a mile, but not internationally Sachin, Gilchrist, Ganguly, Hayden,Mark waugh, Chris Gayle, Greenidge etc are better than Anwar, moreover you said greats like Richards and Anwar, as if Richards and Anwar are in the same league which they definitely are not.

Must have been a remarkable innings. It has only 16 4's and 7 sixes, which totals to 106 runs, which he ran 88 of the remaining runs, apart from those times when he ran as a non-striker too. Sure, the bowling isnt of the highest quality, but still its no mean feat to score such an astonishing amount of runs in a 50 over match.