Well played Andrew Strauss

Lurker

..quality half century in a Test which many greats on both sides have argued as the most important game of their life. Strauss's performance in this series has been quite good. Perhaps the best performance by an England skipper in an Ashes series since Graham Gooch in 93 and Gatting in 86. Quite in contrast to performance of Australian skippers Borders, Taylors, Waughs, Pontings etc who keep on piling runs even when they have been skipper.If he gets another 50 or so runs he would be my Man of Series for England, maybe he already is.

it's funny how things turned around for Strauss within a short period of time Being dropped from the team then coming back last year into the team then KP resigned from captaincy he was chosen as best possible option and now he has delivered England the Ashes! Great batsman too!

Strauss is an outstanding cricketer and a hell of a captain. I felt very bad for him when he was passed over to lead the Ashes touring team to Australia (and I reckon that had Strauss captained that tour, the result would not have been as one-sided). A real gentleman and a class act off the field and a very good batsman. Glad to see him enjoying so much success and leading from the front in every way.