22nd August

was the date for one of the GREATEST Indian innings ever played seven years ago. http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63999.html SRT produced a thrilling knock as only he can. Gangluddin was phenomenal that game in his destruction of all things slow left arm. But Dravid was beyond parallel on a truly nasty wicket in spitting, green conditions with the ball bouncing and seaming all over the place.

Guest Hiten.

I think most of the hard work was done by RSD and SRT (as usual) banked on an easy opportunity for taking. On a serious note, I have seen glimpses of our innings but never got hold onto proper highlights of this game. I actually missed this entire tour as I had recently moved to Canada with no source of catching cricket in this place full of igloos. Can anyone care to upload a proper highlight reel of this game ? Please be courteous and don't be selfish by enjoying this game by yourself...sharing is caring :pray: P.S: Salil, how about an anecdote on this innings ? I'll live on that anecdote till someone passes me highlights from this game.

I think most of the hard work was done by RSD and SRT (as usual) banked on an easy opportunity for taking. On a serious note, I have seen glimpses of our innings but never got hold onto proper highlights of this game. I actually missed this entire tour as I had recently moved to Canada with no source of catching cricket in this place full of igloos. Can anyone care to upload a proper highlight reel of this game ? Please be courteous and don't be selfish by enjoying this game by yourself...sharing is caring :pray: P.S: Salil, how about an anecdote on this innings ? I'll live on that anecdote till someone passes me highlights from this game.
If one more person asks for it, I'll upload it. Thats only about 20 mins highlights of sachins batting
P.S: Salil' date=' how about an anecdote on this innings ? I'll live on that anecdote till someone passes me highlights from this game.[/quote'] I'll write a piece for ICF Magic Moments soon on this. BTW send me your email. Don't have extended hls... but do have rips of the three big tons.

Dont forget Sanjay's Bangar contribution fellas. On a pitch that was as comfortable as sitting on a bar stool, he toiled away manfully till the pitch eased, taking the body blows and making life relatively easier for the batsman who came after him. I also think this match was also when Dravid made the transition from being a VERY good a batsman (then, he was probably already averaging 50 with the bat in tests) to a truly GREAT batsman.

Guest Hiten.
um... sitting on a bar stool isn't hard Morris. You need to go to better bars. :aetsch:
So I wasn't alone in expecting MM to go to better bars :giggle:
um... sitting on a bar stool isn't hard Morris. You need to go to better bars. :aetsch:
So I wasn't alone in expecting MM to go to better bars :giggle:
A’right chaps, please tell me the name of the bars that bar stools with arm-rests on the side. :D
Can't forget that amazing match' date=' great batting indeed. What made it special is that, August 22 is my birthday and I got an epic birthday present by watching it![/quote'] Happy brithday mate! BTW I would love to watch the highlights .. not of the game but of Naseer's reactions throughout the game :hehe: