2010 T20 WC in West Indies

saltire

Hi Guys. Scottish Cricket fan here.I have booked up for Barbados for the Super 8's next May.Accomodation sorted.No info about tickets yet apart from the very expensive hospitality packages.I was in the Windies for the WC ,the ticket prices were set so high it was well out of the range of the locals.I dont think they will make the same mistake again.

Hi Guys. Scottish Cricket fan here.I have booked up for Barbados for the Super 8's next May.Accomodation sorted.No info about tickets yet apart from the very expensive hospitality packages.I was in the Windies for the WC ,the ticket prices were set so high it was well out of the range of the locals.I dont think they will make the same mistake again.
It's nice to have you here. Let's hope they don't make the same mistake again. Ya I remember last time even the home team(West Indies) games didn't use to get a full attendance. It was really disappointing. By the way, do bring more Scot friends of yours on this forum.

Here is an update from the WICB site.Still no news about when tickets will go on sale but at least there is an indication that prices will be set at a fair rate for ordinary fans. · Being a WICB Twenty20 event there will be all of the customary West Indian sounds and sights at every match, including conch shells, flags and drums · The public ticket prices have been set low to focus on filling every ground with all of the enthusiastic West Indian cricket fans and travelling fans alike – every match is guaranteed to be a genuine spectacle · At the Super Eight stage, every team that qualifies will play in both St Lucia and Barbados. A suite customer will be able to watch every Super Eight team play, as well as both semi-finals (St Lucia) or the final (Barbados) With the exception of two match days in Guyana, every game day will feature double-headers, offering twice as much cricket for half of the price.

Hi Online. I tried to reply to your previous message but due to my low number of posts I did not have the capability. We have booked around the St Lawrence Gap area in Barbados.This is on the south west coast near the capital. Our accomodation is room only.This seems to be the norm in the Caribbean other than the All Inclusive option which you don't want really if you're away from the hotel and at the cricket. There are a lot of restaurants in this area. For three adults it has cost us approx £2300,ie £800 each.This includes flights and accommodation. We looked at booking independantly but we ended up booking a package deal with Virgin as it worked out cheaper. If you google a site named Tripadvisor and then type in Barbados you can find your way around a number of options and comments regarding accomodation and also places to visit and eat. Good luck Saltire

I went to the 2007 WC in Trinidad and Tobago. Had a fantastic time as I stayed in the same hotel as the players, ate dinner with them, talked with them for long periods of time. It was also the first international match i've ever been to. Great atmosphere, was a beaut of a day for cricket. Pity we lost so badly though.