Easy to do it without emotions

Re: Easy to do it without emotions

I've expressed my ideas on several threads and don't intend to repeat my posts. And please stop giving those rubbish ideas. If SRT would've wanted to only open, no one could have stopped him from doing so. But he acted in team's interest. He had done the same thing 5 years back too. If you'd have read John Wright's book you'd have known about it. And if I worshiped Tendulkar, I wouldn't have asked for him to be dropped from the ODI side. So please surf around through the threads before mouthing off.
Your God was told by Chappel 'Play in the middle order or warm the bench'. So thats where his cribbing started. And dont tell me to surf around. Would you be bothered to read everything I have written anywhere on the net. You seem to have the same attitude as your God. A newcomer cant post his thoughts because maharathis have already made up their minds and posted before. A newcomer is first supposed to read every piece of crap that was written by the maharathis earlier before they can share their thoughts. I will say this again. SRT was selfish. But back to the point, it is due to the emotional investment that we have in our players (Rather than the team itself) that it is harder to do a complete clean up job. And to respond to jf1gp_1, the issue with a cleanup now is that we have hit rock bottom. If we were doing well then no cleanup is needed and some tweaking can fix things. Even if our maharathis perform at their peak we cant have a team to compete for the top positions. So this is the time to start young.

would you drop someone who average 44 in last 10 ODIs with 90+ SR??
Yes sir I would. Average isnt everything. You have to break it down a bit more. For example how many of those came from that not out against Bermuda. Or that 100 against a poor WI team at home. No one is denying that SRT may still be an average player but what we really need is some srastic steps. SRT no longer performs on the big stage. I cant remember his last innings of note since the 2003 cup. Beating up crap sides at home doesnt make a champion does it?

Re: Easy to do it without emotions >For example how many of those came from that not out against Bermuda. Or that 100 against a poor WI team at home. why doesnt those count..If he doesnt score there you dont like it...so I guess he is f@cked either way >No one is denying that SRT may still be an average player but what we really need is some srastic steps. SRT no longer performs on the big stage. I cant remember his last innings of note since the 2003 cup. Beating up ***** sides at home doesnt make a champion does it? 44+ average is not average...how many cricketer average 44??? He scored 90 against Pakistan in trying conditions while chasing in 2006...That was one heck of the innings..I guess your blind eyes wont see that.. He scored 100 agaisnt Murli and Vaas immediately after coming from injury..

Your God was told by Chappel 'Play in the middle order or warm the bench'. So thats where his cribbing started.
Why should a retarded decision by Chappell to play the best ever opener in ODI cricket have gone unchallenged. Remember, Tendulkar was the vice captain and as such part of the think tank and management and had every right to express his opinion on it. In the end he did bat at 4 given both captain and coach wanted this lunacy, which by the way had been tried 4 years earlier as well but remedied at the right time.

Your God was told by Chappel 'Play in the middle order or warm the bench'. So thats where his cribbing started.
Why should a retarded decision by Chappell to play the best ever opener in ODI cricket have gone unchallenged. Remember, Tendulkar was the vice captain and as such part of the think tank and management and had every right to express his opinion on it. In the end he did bat at 4 given both captain and coach wanted this lunacy, which by the way had been tried 4 years earlier as well but remedied at the right time.
I guess we will have to disagree and leave it. My opinion is that in ODI's opening is an easier task. The field is in and even mis hits will clear the field and go for 4's or atleast 2's. The hard part is to play in the middle when the field is spread and the boundries are harder to come by. If our best batsman ever cant take on a tough task and wants the kids like Raina or youngsters like YS to play that role, I guess not much can be said. Chappel saw that India had a brittle middle order. The top order had Ganguly and then Dosaman and Parantha man. None of them have the skills to play down the order. But I guess asking SRT to take on a tough task is just not done. We say he is the best (Bradman, Superman and what not) but asking your best bat to take on a tough role is not done. OK

Re: Easy to do it without emotions Great posts and thread CP!!! and for some of the posters it is a is rubbish way of debating/disussing when you start labelling someone's posts as rubbish or crap- a better way is to come out with counter-arguments rather than these dismissive statements

Re: Easy to do it without emotions You will get used to it Suraj but "Rubbish" isn't demeaning the original poster. Some here are forth right in their opinion and will not write in flowery language if they don't reckon they agree with the post. If they see the post as "Rubbish" they sure will express that. It's just a matter of time and you will get used to it too. Everyone here is grown up (barring a couple) and can take these words lightly. There is nothing to be offended about it to be honest.

You will get used to it Suraj but "Rubbish" isn't demeaning the original poster. Some here are forth right in their opinion and will not write in flowery language if they don't reckon they agree with the post. If they see the post as "Rubbish" they sure will express that. It's just a matter of time and you will get used to it too. Everyone here is grown up (barring a couple) and can take these words lightly. There is nothing to be offended about it to be honest.
We can all take it as long as the existing maharathis can take the same crap back. So if I see someone respond to me with their BS opinion I will call them just that. Happy times.

My opinion is that in ODI's opening is an easier task. The field is in and even mis hits will clear the field and go for 4's or atleast 2's. The hard part is to play in the middle when the field is spread and the boundries are harder to come by.
As you said lets disagree on it. Opening in ODIs requires a different set of skills than playing in the middle order. Is it any easier? I dont think so. The new ball is always tricky and it is the openers who make an initial judgement on the kind of game the track requires. They have to adjust their games and targets very quickly, lest they might lose wickets and expose th middle order. There are other reasons as well for both sides. Different, yes. Easier, no.

My opinion is that in ODI's opening is an easier task. The field is in and even mis hits will clear the field and go for 4's or atleast 2's. The hard part is to play in the middle when the field is spread and the boundries are harder to come by.
As you said lets disagree on it. Opening in ODIs requires a different set of skills than playing in the middle order. Is it any easier? I dont think so. The new ball is always tricky and it is the openers who make an initial judgement on the kind of game the track requires. They have to adjust their games and targets very quickly, lest they might lose wickets and expose th middle order. There are other reasons as well for both sides. Different, yes. Easier, no.
Ok fair. So lets look at it from a different perspective. SRT is our best player. Most experienced player. We agree? Now we have a team which on paper has 3 openers (Rasgullah, Dosa and parantha) who can only bat up the order. Our middle order is brittle (speciallly since YS was coming back from injury and no one knew what to expect from him). Where would u want to play the 'best and most experienced' player? And if that player sulks at that wont u call him selfish?

Ok fair. So lets look at it from a different perspective. SRT is our best player. Most experienced player. We agree? Now we have a team which on paper has 3 openers (Rasgullah, Dosa and parantha) who can only bat up the order. Our middle order is brittle (speciallly since YS was coming back from injury and no one knew what to expect from him). Where would u want to play the 'best and most experienced' player? And if that player sulks at that wont u call him selfish?
Tendulkar can only play as an opener. He feels the pressure when the game gets closer to finish or if he needs to stabilize the innings. Common man give him a break he is only 33 years old.

Tendulkar can only play as an opener. He feels the pressure when the game gets closer to finish or if he needs to stabilize the innings. Common man give him a break he is only 33 years old.
exactly. Thus the maharathi wants to hide :)

Re: Easy to do it without emotions coverpoint, Tendulkar is human. Not every batsman can bat as well at every position. How many times have Lara, Ponting, or Inzamam opened the innings even when one of the regular openers have been injured. Over the years, a batsman's game gets conditioned to certain situations and it is not reasonable to expect a sudden success at a different position. Tendulkar is India's trump card in ODIs. Basic logic tells you that you dont throw away your trump card to accomodate the Uthappas and Sehwags. Over the years, Tendulkar's game has become structured to opening and though he does very well in the middle order when the team has had a good start he has not been able to develop his game to come in at the loss of two quick wickets. On the other hand if he opens and India still loses two quick wickets we have seen him lead several rescue acts. So in the end where would you play your best player at a position where he might not be comfortable with in certain situations or at a position which he relishes?

exactly. Thus the maharathi wants to hide :)
Dude, please use proper language. Its "marathi" in case you didnt know.This isnt the first time you've said it....
Since I am new here I am assuming it was said tongue in cheek right? You do know what maharathi means?

Re: Easy to do it without emotions Marathi is a short form for Maharathi, meaning the people of fighting class. For over 2,000 years, the people of the western region of India are known as warriors against the invaders. Marathi people are also referred to as Maharashtrians, meaning those who have the cultural heritage in the State of Maharashtra. Maharashtra means Great Nation. Marathi people or Maharshtraians are nationalist in nature and they reflect the character of a great nation of India (Bharat).

maharathi is aslo used for a person who is considered a "character".
Yes. Thats the meaning I am most familiar with. Comes from the old mahabharata days where the great charioters were called maharathis. (Maha = Great and Rath = Chariot)