The Greatest Batsman: Post 1950

^ Either have I obviously but for someone to average 99.99 whatever it was without the same protection as players get today such as no helmets and they also played on during wet conditions. I'm not comparing the two, I just think it's safe to say that Bradman is the best. Also, on Ponting I don't think he's as far off as good as Tendulkar as a lot of Indians like to think.

^ Either have I obviously but for someone to average 99.99 whatever it was without the same protection as players get today such as no helmets and they also played on during wet conditions. I'm not comparing the two, I just think it's safe to say that Bradman is the best. Also, on Ponting I don't think he's as far off as good as Tendulkar as a lot of Indians like to think.
Did Bradman play after 1950?
No.. lol' date=' I just had to say it.[/quote'] no disrespect to the great man,he was and will always be a great player,bt the thing is he didnt play after 1950 when players had to play in different conditions,many australians and englishmen have ben found wanting on turning subcontinental pithches,by no means i imply that sir don would have been among those bt the fact remains he didnt play on subcontinental wickets.this is the very reason i separated it as post 1950.
^ Fair enough mate. I just hope that Bradman isn't forgotten about when people talk about the greatest batsman.
Bradman will always remain one of the greatest batsman ever if not the greatest.Itz a shame he didnt play in India......MAN COULD HE WIELD THE WILLOW BRADMAN WILL BE REMEMBERED TILL THERE IS A COMPETETION BETWEEN THE WILLOW AND THE LEATHER btw i rate steve waugh above Ponting

There are many batsmen ahead of Ponting in the post 1950 list- his fellow Aussies G Chappel and Border (and even Steve Waugh) for a start. Sir Viv and Sobers to name two more. There are numerous others we arent even considering- as Gunner alluded to How about Graeme Pollock for instance, average of 60+ in test cricket. England greats like Barrington, the W Indian W's etc etc. May not be in a post 1950 top 5, but should come into consideration