Karthik will open in Gambhir's absence, declares Dhoni

Show_stopper

ya' date='that makes it 3.i just hope GG gets fit for CT,we gonna need him.i dont care much about the Compaq cup[/quote'] Assuming Virat does well..would you be willing to risk taking GG to SA?? We all know what happened the last time they took a half-healed player to an ICC event..( Sehwag--T20 WC). Lets say the Indian team leaves to SA around 17th...there is no way GG can be confirmed fit within that..(he has been advised 10 days rest starting from today!)
Assuming Virat does well..would you be willing to risk taking GG to SA?? We all know what happened the last time they took a half-healed player to an ICC event..( Sehwag--T20 WC). Lets say the Indian team leaves to SA around 17th...there is no way GG can be confirmed fit within that..(he has been advised 10 days rest starting from today!)
but India play thier first match on 26th.by that time he should be fit,its not as if he has to be fit while boarding the flight.its the physio's calll to take.if he thinks GG will be fit by 26th,then he should be in. assuming Virat does well n GG is expected to be fit by 26th,i'll still take GG.He is the preferred opener
Thats precisely what happened with Sehwag and the whole T-20 fiasco.
well it was different in the sense that Sehwag downplayed his injury n physio wasnt able to judge it correctly n being the stature of player Sehwag is,nobody questioned him .Sehwag was desperate to play n Dhoni didnt wanna play an unfit player which caused the supposed rift.i'll blame physio for that episode.its all down to physio's judgement
:hysterical: We all know somebody is going to be extremely understanding incase MSD fails..right Lord? :giggle:
arre yaar if u notice,i have stopped criticising him quite a while back.i was just being stupid n unnecessarily criticising him to gain attention. i am a bit of an attention seeker.:((:(( thats why i changed my nick from sachinrox to Lord.all the criticising went with sachinrox:--D here i am just anticipating that it'll be tough for him n hoping he goes well.
arre yaar if u notice,i have stopped criticising him quite a while back.i was just being stupid n unnecessarily criticising him to gain attention. i am a bit of an attention seeker.:((:(( thats why i changed my nick from sachinrox to Lord.all the criticising went with sachinrox:--D here i am just anticipating that it'll be tough for him n hoping he goes well.
I see..anyway I think we can still pull this off.