Indians The King of Spin

Many a times it has been said that the Indian batsmen play spinners better,some cricketing experts have tried to generalise it to all subcontinental batsmen.I have gone through the records of all subcontinent teams againist spinners.Lets see the record in last 20 years. While they havent had to play the dangerous Kumble The average of greats like Muralitharan and Warne are way above their career averages.Murali,who averages 22 againist all teams averages 30 againist India also his strike rate againist India is 66 compared to 54 aqgainist other teams. Warne averages 47 with a strike rate of 91 againist India where as his strike rate and average over the career is 25 and 57 other spinners have also struggled to be similarly effective againist India.The only exception to this are Saqlain Mustaq who avgs a respectable 28.28 at a strike rate of 56...mainly due to the one seres where he took 25 wickets,i'm sure this statistic would have been fixed had he played more test matches againist India in 2004,2005,2007. Ajantha Mendis:He reallly foxed the Indian batsmen in Srilanka as they strugggled to pick him.But the way they played him in the 2 one day series i'm sure they will have his no. in the upcoming test series Pakistan another subcontinental country have struggle againist the three premier spinners of theri generation Warne smokes in with an avg of 20.51 with a SR of 45 againist them Murali has an Avg of 25 at a SR of 58 Kumble has lower SR of 60 againist them compared to 65 over his career but has a slightly highr avg of 32 Even stuart macgill has managed an avg of 25 with a strike rate of 45.5 againist them Left arm spinners have been like grenade throwers againist them Even mohammad Rafique of bangladesh have take wickets at 23 at the strike rate of 57 againist them(career avg is 40 and SR 81) English Spinner Monty panesar has an avg of 30 with a strike rate of 65(Career avg is 34 and SR 71) The Lankans have better records then the Pakistanis while as fate had it they dont have to face the prolific Murali their record againist the other spinners of the Era are A Kumble avgs 31 againist them though at a higher SR of 70 SK Warne avgs 25 againist them with a SR of 54 DL Vettori avgs 23 with a SR of 54(career avg of 33 with SR of 76) The records of other countries againist spinners is ofcourse below avg i have posted the stats of the 3 subcontinental teams and the two other top teams SA and AUS,See and Discuuss India:http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=2;class=1;filter=advanced;opposition=6;orderby=wickets;qualmax1=900;qualmin1=15;qualval1=wickets;size=200;template=results;type=bowling Pakistan::http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=2;class=1;filter=advanced;opposition=7;orderby=wickets;qualmax1=900;qualmin1=15;qualval1=wickets;size=200;template=results;type=bowling Srilanka:http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=2;class=1;filter=advanced;opposition=8;orderby=wickets;qualmax1=900;qualmin1=15;qualval1=wickets;size=200;template=results;type=bowling Australia:http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=2;class=1;filter=advanced;opposition=2;orderby=wickets;qualmax1=900;qualmin1=15;qualval1=wickets;size=200;template=results;type=bowling SA::http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=2;class=1;filter=advanced;opposition=3;orderby=wickets;qualmax1=900;qualmin1=15;qualval1=wickets;size=200;template=results;type=bowling

It is no surprise Indians are good against spin because spinners dominated domestic cricket for a long time. Only now we see lot of seamers. First time India really struggled against a spinner was when they toured SL. That was just an aberration. I think referral system also affected us a great deal in that series. Apart from that we are generally good against spin. Righthanders being good against Warne is something special.

Indians play spin well...no doubt about that..but they struggle against quality fast bowling on bouncy tracks..even tendulkar struggled against quality fast bowlers on bouncy tracks...the likes of akram' date='shoaib,ambrose,walsh,donald,Mcgrath,Bret lee have troubled him to death.[/quote'] Really? I'm sure they've troubled him occasionally, but you're exaggerating a little too much there. I'm not too optimistic about the youth brigade though, most of them are not comfortable against spin and pace.
Indians play spin well...no doubt about that..but they struggle against quality fast bowling on bouncy tracks..even tendulkar struggled against quality fast bowlers on bouncy tracks...the likes of akram' date='shoaib,ambrose,walsh,donald,Mcgrath,Bret lee have troubled him to death.[/quote'] Talk about overreacting.You never see when he scores against them?By that way I can say Waqar even struggled against Ajay Jadeja and Akhtar struggled against evn Balaji!