We are losing the finals to Lanka..for sure.

patriot

Beating the home bullies Lankans at home last 2 times under MS Dhoni..is something no other team has ever achieved back to back - from any country. Theres no frickin way we are going to be able to strech that. As it is our record against them in finals IN SRI LANKA has been utterly disgraceful ( most of the humiliating losses in Lanka came under the inspiring leader Gangu, I think something like last 5 finals) Moreoever man for man - without Veeru, Gambhir we are much considerably weaker. They hold a huge edge in bowling and fielding with Murali, Mendis and Malinga and now the latest nemesis MAthews. Our batting seems very unconvincing with Dravid at No.3 , Yuvraj seems out of sorts as does Karthick. SRT at most times can only play a supporting role when either Gambo and Veeru are firing from one end.( Discounting the CB series finals in 2008 and that Sharjah finals in 1998..which other time did he play a decent knock in FINALS the last 10-11 years???) Our best bet is winning the toss, batting first, putting up 250-260 - even then we must bowl and field out of our skins. If we lose the toss and therefore chase - I won't even bother watching. Seen plenty of humiliating losses chasing under lights in finals against Lankans in Colombo/Sharjah. I sincererly pray I am proved wrong..but I know that won't happen.

Beating the home bullies Lankans at home last 2 times under MS Dhoni..is something no other team has ever achieved back to back - from any country. Theres no frickin way we are going to be able to strech that. As it is our record against them in finals IN SRI LANKA has been utterly disgraceful ( most of the humiliating losses in Lanka came under the inspiring leader Gangu, I think something like last 5 finals) Moreoever man for man - without Veeru, Gambhir we are much considerably weaker. They hold a huge edge in bowling and fielding with Murali, Mendis and Malinga and now the latest nemesis MAthews. Our batting seems very unconvincing with Dravid at No.3 , Yuvraj seems out of sorts as does Karthick. SRT at most times can only play a supporting role when either Gambo and Veeru are firing from one end.( Discounting the CB series finals in 2008 and that Sharjah finals in 1998..which other time did he play a decent knock in FINALS the last 10-11 years???) Our best bet is winning the toss, batting first, putting up 250-260 - even then we must bowl and field out of our skins. If we lose the toss and therefore chase - I won't even bother watching. Seen plenty of humiliating losses chasing under lights in finals against Lankans in Colombo/Sharjah. I sincererly pray I am proved wrong..but I know that won't happen.
Are you a bookie??

Since you continuously over and over again take these cheap digs at Sachin. Why don't you look at Sehwag's record in finals? Here it is : http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35263.html?class=2;filter=advanced;final_type=1;orderby=default;template=results;type=allround 30.21 with a high score of 82 in 03 WC final. And that's from 2001-2008. Meanwhile, Sachin in the same time span, averages 44.88. P.S. Your thread just like you in life :fail:

Guest gaurav_indian
You are wrong Australia is playing against England so how can they play against lanka in the final. :finger:
SRT at most times can only play a supporting role when either Gambo and Veeru are firing from one end.( Discounting the CB series finals in 2008 and that Sharjah finals in 1998..which other time did he play a decent knock in FINALS the last 10-11 years???)
in finals against Lanka,SRT averages 51.57 n that should be the most relevant thing to u
Beating the home bullies Lankans at home last 2 times under MS Dhoni..is something no other team has ever achieved back to back - from any country. ........... Our best bet is winning the toss, batting first, putting up 250-260 - even then we must bowl and field out of our skins. If we lose the toss and therefore chase - I won't even bother ........... I sincererly pray I am proved wrong..but I know that won't happen.
Mate seems you have lost a lot of $ICF yesterday! :yay: :hysterical: Dont worry, the basic problem is Old Guns Pressure on MS & Gary! Bull ****! :WTF: I think Virat Kholi has come to roam around Srilanka, with a free flight vaction voucher :hysterical: Who suggested Old Wall to Playing XI! :omg: Dont argue with me taht he scored quick fire 47 (56) yesterday! :hehe:
Troll Alertttttttt................Padosi alertttttttttttttttttttttt...............Green Alert

And what makes you hopeful ? An unsettled opening combination ..a rusty Dravid at No3...our batting is very unconvincing AND Lankan bowling in Lankan conditions is inarguably superior. Moreever Lanka have not lost a finals in Lanka for over 11 years. Its that single CB series that has boosted SRT's average for the last 9-10 years. ***** the avg - if you have watched cricket - which other finals ( in so many of them) did SRT play a decent knock ..inbetween the 10 years from 1998 - 2008 . You are too blinded to answer that honestly.WRT to Sehwag..even a quickfire 30 is good enough to unsettle the opposing team as that gives enough time for the other batsmen to settle down without worrying about RR. NO team fears SRT...like they fear Sehwag - Lankan team /commentators have said this repeatedly. Overall ,admittedly our batters have grossly underperformed in finals .

Mate seems you have lost a lot of yesterday! :yay: :hysterical: Dont worry, the basic problem is Old Guns Pressure on MS & Gary! Bull ****! :WTF: I think Virat Kholi has come to roam around Srilanka, with a free flight vaction voucher :hysterical: Who suggested Old Wall to Playing XI! :omg: Dont argue with me taht he scored quick fire 47 (56) yesterday! :hehe:
so u blame RD for yesterday's loss?wat about MSD,Raina,Yusuf,Yuvraj?none f them scored even 20 n wat about bowlers,RP is not old,nor is Ishant,wat about them
All it takes is one loss for them to drop cover and come out in the open.
One loss ? For the umpteenth time how many finals has SRT performed inbetween Sharjah 1998 and Cb series 2008 ? No one has the mouth to answer that for it would be blasphemous to admit he has been a massive choker. we lost like 19 finals in between then.

PK needs to play tomorrow in place of Ishant. PK's bowling with his military medium pace swing will be very hard to score of in Lankan conditions with the slow outfield. Ishant provides pace and bounce, and is inconsistent with line and length and will be easy fodder again. PK is our smartest bowler.

This is nothing new. Every series before a final or some other crucial knockout game, some pundit who has probably never even spent any time playing the game will start groaning and moaning about how India will lose for shuuuure, how India are chokerz and various senior batsmen are selfish or over the hill or don't pull their weight in big matches, etc. Then of course if India loses they can be all self-righteous and smug with the "I told you so!" BS that'll only give them more fodder for their next attention-seeking diatribe. And when India wins and they get sh-t shovelled in their faces, they either take a sudden 180 and go on and on about how they are so happy to be proved wrong and how great a fan they are of ______, or they just disappear and re-emerge after another loss. Best not to take notice of these attention-seeking clowns who just want people to stand around and listen when they're spewing their BS from their pulpits.