breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi

Re: breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi

For God's sake, Anbu, You must refrain from alleging a players without any proofs! We fans must grow up and look at cricket more objectively instead of getting this heavily emotional and hence leading to these needless conspiracy theories.
Mr.Chandan, I am following cricket from 70's. If my views are not true I will be the happiest person.But the truth is different , sadly.
Firstly, it is Mrs. Chandan. Secondly, if Dravid thinks that Ganguly and Sachin have decided not to perform (which can't be possible--every player knows that it is important to perform to remain in the team), then I have no qualms! But I am just not willing to believe these conspiracy theories. If they are proved correct, Indian cricket will lose a true fan!

Hats off to Dravid for finishing Sachin and Sourav. Shah has directed the selectors to Drop Sachin and Sourav on the request of Dravid. God Save Indian Cricket from Dravid the Traiter. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
Are you on drugs or a pakistani or both?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Dravid is the ONLY' date=' the ONLY senior who commands respect from all BCCI officials. He must make it count. I'd like to see him shed his "good-boy" image and be a bit more stern with his non-performing team mates[/quote'] As expected from Indian fans, no questioning of the BCCI and it's ad-hoc functioning, nepotism, muddled priorities and self-interested officials, with a record of being perhaps the most subversively antinational and divisive in Indian cricket history. As for Dravid, he is not looking for any respect from his teammates. He knows he doesn't have any, after he let the BCCI steamroll over all the contract clauses that players had fought for in the last few years. The very fact that he is retained captain despite his dismal performances, while the other seniors are out, is proof that he is looking for authority which he lacks [and might just work better on juniors on a short lifeline], while the BCCI are happy with a yes man to cover for their failings.

Dravid is the ONLY' date=' the ONLY senior who commands respect from all BCCI officials. He must make it count. I'd like to see him shed his "good-boy" image and be a bit more stern with his non-performing team mates[/quote'] Good thing if he did that, I'm sure that's why Sehwag and Mongia are there

Dravid is the ONLY' date=' the ONLY senior who commands respect from all BCCI officials. He must make it count. I'd like to see him shed his "good-boy" image and be a bit more stern with his non-performing team mates[/quote'] Good thing if he did that, I'm sure that's why Sehwag and Mongia are there
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Dont know if Dravid asked for Mongia. But Sehwag is the only one who performed in the two key games. He does not deserve to be dropped after his world cup performances.

Re: breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi ^^ If Sehwag had to be dropped it should have been before the cup. U dont drop a player who did well in the last few chances he was given. That aint common sense. If years of mediocrity is reason for dropping someone, am sure u'd agree your Tendu must be dropped from the Test squad ? :hic:

Re: breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi SRT had one bad year in test cricket and yes if gone by yearly basis, on the other hand Veeru had how many bad years in ODIs? In that way Lara should've been dropped quite a few times before too :lol: I don't mind giving veeru another chance, but just wanted to point out what you said was not really true. And basically your point is that then SRT should've been dropped for failing in one match when compared to Veeru :chin:

SRT had one bad year in test cricket and yes if gone by yearly basis, on the other hand Veeru had how many bad years in ODIs? In that way Lara should've been dropped quite a few times before too :lol: I don't mind giving veeru another chance, but just wanted to point out what you said was not really true. And basically your point is that then SRT should've been dropped for failing in one match when compared to Veeru :chin:
One bad year ? :hic: U love SRT too much, dont u ? :hic: What is SRT's average in the last 15 tests (spanning 2 years) ? How does it compare with the rest of our top order ? SRT neednt be dropped from the ODI squad on pure numbers. But he's 33 & highly injury prone. Little point in him playing meaningless ODI series anymore. He wont figure in India's long term ODI plans (2011 world cup) anyways.

Re: breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi Well last 2 years include that horrible year too dude :hic: But given the injuries, breaks and much better performance in the last series (like you I'll give more weight on that one :hic: ) I'd guess he's still safe in the test matches. I totally agree with your last para, and that was what I was trying to point out.

Re: breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi Ousted on board directives :eew:

The directive didn?t please the selectors, but nobody actually made an issue of it. ?We understand it?s a one-off thing, let?s see if there?s a repeat... In any case, it?s the Board which appoints us... I?d rather wait for what happens after Bangladesh,? is how one put it. After the meeting, though, Board secretary Niranjan Shah gave no assurance that the working committee wouldn?t again intervene. Rather, he pointedly reminded that it was the ?supreme body.? It?s relevant, perhaps, that three of the five selectors have big roles in their respective associations and wouldn?t like to rock the boat: Chairman Vengsarkar is a vice-president of the Mumbai body, Ranjib Biswal heads Orissa and Sanjay Jagdale is the Madhya Pradesh secretary. Board president Sharad Pawar is also the Mumbai supremo. Incidentally, Sachin and Sourav weren?t available for a comment. ?Sachin?s not feeling well,? informed wife Anjali rather early in the day, while Sourav?s mobiles kept ringing. After the recent showcauses, both may not utter a word. Big Brother, after all, could be around with a bigger and sharper axe.

Dravid is the ONLY' date=' the ONLY senior who commands respect from all BCCI officials. He must make it count. I'd like to see him shed his "good-boy" image and be a bit more stern with his non-performing team mates[/quote'] As expected from Indian fans, no questioning of the BCCI and it's ad-hoc functioning, nepotism, muddled priorities and self-interested officials, with a record of being perhaps the most subversively antinational and divisive in Indian cricket history. As for Dravid, he is not looking for any respect from his teammates. He knows he doesn't have any, after he let the BCCI steamroll over all the contract clauses that players had fought for in the last few years. The very fact that he is retained captain despite his dismal performances, while the other seniors are out, is proof that he is looking for authority which he lacks [and might just work better on juniors on a short lifeline], while the BCCI are happy with a yes man to cover for their failings.
It's so sad, when these amateur journalists, who wouldn't recognize excellence if it bit them on their butt, pull down the greatest Indian cricketer of our generation by imputing such sullen motives to him, cooking up conspiracy theories to sell a few rags. For being a nation of such people, we deserve the cricket team that we have.
Very well said, Dhondy. Dravid has given his best to the team. As a captain he has made poor on field strategies, but as a batsman and team player he always gave 100% to the team.

Dont know if Dravid asked for Mongia. But Sehwag is the only one who performed in the two key games. He does not deserve to be dropped after his world cup performances.
Bumper, Sehwah performed in the key BD game? Could you please tell me what his score was and how he got out in that match? Anyway, it is good to back the players because they are the points (things) to cheer for us amidst the grim situation of cricket in our cricket. But divided support or one eyed support is not good!

He is retained as captain and hence he is looking for authority? Did it ever occur to you that we don't really have many choices? SRT is a failed captain, Ganguly is barely holding onto his spot in the test team and in ODIs he has been questionable for sometime, yuvraj has no experience leading even FC sides and hasn't managed to keep his own behavior under control, laxman isn't part of the ODI side, dhoni can barely take of his hair, sehwag is as much in the team as he is out... If Dravid is looking for authority, he deserves it and others in the team better show him some respect. As of now he is the only guy who deserves a spot in both the playing XIs.