Knight Riders cant avail Akram Services

Mamu

MUMBAI: The Indian Premier League (IPL) team Knight Riders will now have to shelve plans to get Pakistani bowling great Wasim Akram on board as Akram bowling consultant for IPL-3. According to BCCI sources, the board, the IPL's governing council and franchisees have been asked to restrain from hiring/recruiting players/officials/coaches from Pakistan, till further orders from the home ministry. Post 26/11, the home ministry had clearly told BCCI that no Pakistani player would be allowed to play in India. According to sources, as the ongoing differences between India and Pakistan are yet to be settled at the diplomatic level, the board does not want any IPL team to sign new players or coaches. This also means that the hopes of Pakistani players - who are now World T20 champions - to get to play in IPL-3 or get fee hikes will not become a reality, at least for now. The Knights are in search of a coach to replace Australian John Buchanan and Akram's name had been doing the rounds alongside Richard Pybus, Dermott Reeve and Sandeep Patil. Akram's name will no more remain in contention. Except for Team Chennai, Kings XI Punjab and Mumbai Indians, the other five IPL teams had recruited Pakistan players in the first year. A few cricketers had cancelled their contracts while a few had asked the franchisees to keep them on hold.
Kudos to the Home Ministry for growing some hair on their otherwise feminine chest -- after 60 god damn years. I feel sorry for Akram (and other Paki cricketers) -- but you guys will have to pay the price for your country's open-arm support of terrorism!

Akram set for Knight Riders bowling job New Delhi: Former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram is all set to be appointed as the bowling consultant of IPL outfit Kolkata Knight Riders. Though the Knight Riders' management continues to remain tightlipped on the matter, sources have told CNN-IBN that Akram will be working closely with the fast bowlers of the Knight Riders in the third edition of the tournament next year. The news of Akram's appointment comes close on the heels of the appointment of Former Pakistan coach Richard Pybus as the head coach of the outfit. Pybus was with the Pakistan cricket team during the 1999 World Cup. Akram will join the Kolkata Knight Riders' camp, which begins in Gurgaon from October 1. "He will join the KKR camp at Gurgaon to oversee the proceedings," former KKR skipper Sourav Ganguly said at the Eden Gardens here on Tuesday. However, as Akram will be busy doing commentary for the ongoing Champions trophy, where the final is slated for October 5, he will join the camp only in the later stages. The camp is scheduled to continue till October 8. Till Akram joins, Ganguly will be in charge of the camp. However, leading Bengal players are unlikely to attend the camp as the cricket Association Bengal has organised a Challengers tournament to give some match practice to the players ahead of the gruelling season. Thus, Laxmi Rattan Shukla, Wriddhiman Saha, Ashok Dinda, Sourav Sarkar, Eklakh Ahmed and Avik Chowdhury will miss the camp. Source Didn't he slack the IPL sometime back:hmmmm2:

BCCI is a big dushman of my team :kkr: and they wud go to any extent to stop them from winning IPL3 ... To all :kkr: hatersssssssssssssss:finger: Jokes apart.. BCCI is bound to follow the rules and regulations of the home ministry.Still we wud take the service of any1 and are happy to get rid of bhukanaan +his ideas. Edit : i do belive that Bhukanaan got salary from :kkr: but he worked for other team. Thats the reason we did so badly in the last two tournaments.

Do you guys really your fast bowling to remain at the level it is now? there`s nothing bad in getting coached by Pakistanis. A lot of bowlers including Zaheer got coached by Wasim
I got nothing against a Pakistani coaching the Indians. Hell! Even Javed Miandad was seen giving tips to the Indian batsmen to counter the moving ball during their England tour in 1996. I got no problem with that. But you just can't say "IPL will damage international cricket" and then change you opinion the moment a coaching role is offered to you.That's plain double play!
Do you guys really your fast bowling to remain at the level it is now? there`s nothing bad in getting coached by Pakistanis. A lot of bowlers including Zaheer got coached by Wasim
He may be a good bowler but definetly nt a good coach... dont confuse... Coaching is nt abt how much one has excelled in the trade but how able one is in imparting that in players.... Man management is the Last thing that u know.... Ppl didnt forget how gr8 a captain Wasim was... how many match fixing allegation he had from his own team members... Pakis shd come bowl few balls, take sm wickets .... stay away frm coaching, winning matches etc..... its all a gentlemens game... If Pakis lick more Indian boots like wasim does then we ll throw sm more money so that they can feed their kids and earn their Roti, Kapda....
He may be a good bowler but definetly nt a good coach... dont confuse... Coaching is nt abt how much one has excelled in the trade but how able one is in imparting that in players.... stay away frm coaching, winning matches etc..... its all a gentlemens game...
You want to kick us out so you start winning games lol:hysterical:. I remember Intikhab Alam coached ur punjab team and it won a national trophy, Ranji if i`m not mistaken? :P. you may call us all the names you want, Doesn`t make any difference :finger: I understand though. The Pak defeat still hurting na ??
He may be a good bowler but definetly nt a good coach... dont confuse... Coaching is nt abt how much one has excelled in the trade but how able one is in imparting that in players.... Man management is the Last thing that u know.... Ppl didnt forget how gr8 a captain Wasim was... how many match fixing allegation he had from his own team members... Pakis shd come bowl few balls, take sm wickets .... stay away frm coaching, winning matches etc..... its all a gentlemens game... If Pakis lick more Indian boots like wasim does then we ll throw sm more money so that they can feed their kids and earn their Roti, Kapda....
na bro, its you guys who are sucking up to him and yet paying him for that...amazing job he is got...he gets to have all the fun and get paid ...

Frankly speaking I want BCCI to keep out Pakistani players but I do not mind Akram as a coach for KKR or even the national team .. Akram stays a lot in India nowadays and so I do not see any problem in him taking coaching jobs in India.. anyways he is already mentoring in the MRF Pace Academy I suppose.... but just tell him that till the Ind-Pak diplomatic matters are resolved he cannot go back to Pakistan again....