Why axe Sehwag for tests and keep him for odis?

Re: Why axe Sehwag for tests and keep him for odis? i just dont understand this.. SRT played bad in last few test games but he was above average in ODIs.. but got dropped in ODIs and not in Tests.. hate this common-sense beating circus.. :wall: :wall:

Re: Why axe Sehwag for tests and keep him for odis? I'm way too confused, Sehwag has been master failure in the ODIs for god knows how long but he is retained :doh: He has been the best test opener since the days of Gavaskar and he is shafted :shrug: Strange, very strange.

Re: Why axe Sehwag for tests and keep him for odis? Maybe the 100 against Bermuda and 40 odd against SL helped his cause in ODIs but still not happy with him being dropped from test team. Still get a feeling that there could be some last minute changes to the team based on the ODI performances (presuming ODIs are played before tests).

Re: Why axe Sehwag for tests and keep him for odis? Simple guys.... They have been given a chance to win back their positions in the other team. So if Sehwag turns out good in ODI, he will be retained for both forms against ENG. If he fails, he goes out from ODI but still be back in Test. For SRT, Ganguly, they are rested from ODI so they will be back irrespective of their performance in Bangla. Likewise, Sehwag is rested from Test. so irrespective of his performance in ODIs, he will be picked up for Test for next series. :help: Please help me understand this logic. :huh:

Re: Why axe Sehwag for tests and keep him for odis? Fair enough Dial. That seems a fair comment. They wanted to hurt these guys but not hurt hugely. They still wanted to give these guys a chance to make a come back which is fine. But why drop Sehwag for tests though? If Sehwag was selected to play test matches he still could have made a come back to ODI after some good test innings. I see another opening fiasco coming up in Indian cricket in test matches. All these days there was no shafting and trying everyone out as openers atleast for one opening position but now we have opening issues in both forms of cricket.

Re: Why axe Sehwag for tests and keep him for odis?

Simple guys.... They have been given a chance to win back their positions in the other team. So if Sehwag turns out good in ODI, he will be retained for both forms against ENG. If he fails, he goes out from ODI but still be back in Test. For SRT, Ganguly, they are rested from ODI so they will be back irrespective of their performance in Bangla. Likewise, Sehwag is rested from Test. so irrespective of his performance in ODIs, he will be picked up for Test for next series. :help: Please help me understand this logic. :huh:
one more medal for dial :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: