AR Rahman's hollywood debut

triam

Why do you think world stage is better than "India" stage? Do you think it is better to be recognised by foreigners and something inferior about being native and not "world" famous?
Huh? Where in my post am I saying anything even remotely resembling to what you’re accusing me of saying? If I had said ‘Rahman’s talents are wasted making music in India. He is better off making music for people elsewhere’, maybe you could have pointed a finger of accusation at me. Just so that you know, the ‘world’ that I am referring to, actually includes a country called India too. The general intent of my post was; a)To congratulate Rahman and wish him good luck because his talents are now being recognized worldwide, which is a good thing and that means more success and fame. So, I am happy for him b) Now, people all over world will have the opportunity to listen to his wonderful music and not just Indians. Of course, I desperately hopes he continues to score music for Indian films too and I am sure he will do it.

Huh? Where in my post am I saying anything even remotely resembling to what you’re accusing me of saying? If I had said ‘Rahman’s talents are wasted making music in India. He is better off making music for people elsewhere’, maybe you could have pointed a finger of accusation at me. Just so that you know, the ‘world’ that I am referring to, actually includes a country called India too. The general intent of my post was; a)To congratulate Rahman and wish him good luck because his talents are now being recognized worldwide, which is a good thing and that means more success and fame. So, I am happy for him b) Now, people all over world will have the opportunity to listen to his wonderful music and not just Indians. Of course, I desperately hopes he continues to score music for Indian films too and I am sure he will do it.
Sorry, if I misunderstood your post. In my defense, if you say, "this is where he belongs", it can be construed as "you were not so happy where he belonged and now happy he has reached where he should be". If you had posted the second one first, I wouldn't have posted mine....

The thread title is misleading I suppose.. A R Rahman has done Shekhar Kapur's Elizabeth the Golden Age and Slumdog Millionaire and both have won Oscars at least in one category (not in foreign film) .. so both were Hollywood films for sure and so Couples Retreat is not his first Hollywood film for sure.. but I am quite surprised why he took such a C grade Hollywood comedy :hmmm:

The thread title is misleading I suppose.. A R Rahman has done Shekhar Kapur's Elizabeth the Golden Age and Slumdog Millionaire and both have won Oscars at least in one category (not in foreign film) .. so both were Hollywood films for sure and so Couples Retreat is not his first Hollywood film for sure.. but I am quite surprised why he took such a C grade Hollywood comedy :hmmm:
Both Elizabeth and Slumdog are UK movies not from hollywood. Winning oscars doesn't make it a hollywood movie.

The movie is #1 on the weekend box-office 1 Couples Retreat Uni. $35,340,000 2 Zombieland Sony $15,000,000 Like i said before, it maynot be a summer block buster but people here were generally underestimating Vince Vaughn, Jon faverau and Jason batemen combination.These 3 were involved with some good movies in the last couple of years(Wedding crashers, Juno, Iron man) and have a decent reputation in comedy.