Arrival of THE PRINCE ( Yuvraj )

kooljatt

Hi Guys, As our sixer king is not playing, we know that how badly we gonna miss him :((. So, i thought why not pay some tribute to him by remembering some of his many match winning innings. I will start this tribute with his dynamic and amazing innings of 84 against Ausiies just in his second match. The Punjabi southpaw was a well known name in under-19's with his matchwinning performance in under-19 world cup in srilanka. Anyway,on 7 oct 2000, critics didnt give india much of a chance in this match against aus. "God" provided the early excitement against mcgrath & co. with short but a dazzling 38 of 37 balls, hitting mcgrath for 3 sixes B->. According to mcgrath, "God" was sledging him on that day for a change. After a quick start, things were not as they were planned to be after half way through the innings as top 4 were gone back in the hut. The inexperienced SINGH had to not only built innings with another SINGH (Robin), but also put a respectable score for india to give them a chance to knock out aus. He cut, pull, drove fearlessly against the attack of mcgrath, lee, gillespie, harvey (prob the best death bowler at that time). Aussies were dumb stuck with fericous power and strength ( unfamilier with indians) of this punjabi jatt from chandigarh. after adding valuable runs with the lower middle order, he put up a respectable score of 265. Mcgrath was hit for 61 in 9 overs, probably first time in many years. in the end, it turned out to be a close match as india won by 20 runs. Yuvraj also effected an important run out of bevan. Steve waugh paid tribute to his innings with these words, "As a striker of the ball he played an excellent innings," noted Waugh. "He kept the composure of the side going and he saw them basically through to the end so it was a match-winning innings." my first write, so sorries if i mess it up ! :icflove: