Is the Champions Trophy winner going to be decided at the toss?

Sachinism

It seems like more and more games are being decided at the toss. SA made a stupid choice and ended up losing to SL, who they should have beaten. Then England win the toss and destroy SL, which one a consistent pitch you know would never have happened. And now today a garbage team like Pakistan beats India after winning the toss

I don't think the toss was a major factor here. India bowled very poorly and conceded at least 20-30 runs more than they should have. The target was still gettable in the conditions and the ball didn't do anything strange/crazy under lights, but we lost wickets because of some very poor cricket - two needless run outs of Gambhir and Dravid, and a stupid rash dismissal from Kohli (not to mention Raina getting ****ed by Steve Davis).

I agree with Salil, infact we had them on the ropes at 3 down, we let the game drift from then on, Bhajji had a day to forget, Our Fast Bowlers deligently bowled their stock delivery, Short and Wide, We were almost out of it in the First Half itself. Check this Out : Last 15 ODI's In those 15 matches the Opposition has scored 7 Times in excess of 270, which include 5 Times where the Opposition has crossed 300+ against us. Well, we can't be expected to chase 300+ every alternate ODI.

Yep. Toss was NOT a factor in deciding today's loss. Consider the fact that RRR never creeped up high enough for our batsmen to be in trouble (of course barring the RRR when bowlers when on the crease). I was so pissed off at GG for being irresponsible and I had a feeling that his wicket might be the difference at the end of the day, which proved my fears right. GG had to stick around till Ajmal was introduced. I am sure GG would have handled Ajmal and Afridi more prudently by using his feet. Not to take anything out of Ajmal's performance, he bowled quite brilliantly and for the first time Afridi had Indian batsmen "on the ropes". Usually Indian batsmen find a way to tackle Afridi in a tactical way but they seemed to lose their plot today.

Stop thinking your oppositions as a garbage team just b/c you are topping the rankings. Those ICC rankings mean nothing unless you conquer those for a decade. Just make sure you don't go in thinking that West Indies is a garbage team too just b/c they are missing big names. They have fought well against both Pakistan and Australia and an upset against you guys won't be much surprising.

Stop thinking your oppositions as a garbage team just b/c you are topping the rankings. Those ICC rankings mean nothing unless you conquer those for a decade. Just make sure you don't go in thinking that West Indies is a garbage team too just b/c they are missing big names. They have fought well against both Pakistan and Australia and an upset against you guys won't be much surprising.
ahhh... dont cry cuz you have never topped the ranking list... realize that even if we underestimate WI in this forum, the playing 11 in SA wont take them lightly.. jeez..
It seems like more and more games are being decided at the toss. SA made a stupid choice and ended up losing to SL, who they should have beaten. Then England win the toss and destroy SL, which one a consistent pitch you know would never have happened. And now today a garbage team like Pakistan beats India after winning the toss
u compare the bowling units of these two sides and u will realise which one is garbage
Yep. Toss was NOT a factor in deciding today's loss. Consider the fact that RRR never creeped up high enough for our batsmen to be in trouble (of course barring the RRR when bowlers when on the crease). I was so pissed off at GG for being irresponsible and I had a feeling that his wicket might be the difference at the end of the day' date=' which proved my fears right. GG had to stick around till Ajmal was introduced. I am sure GG would have handled Ajmal and Afridi more prudently by using his feet. Not to take anything out of Ajmal's performance, he bowled quite brilliantly and for the first time Afridi had Indian batsmen "on the ropes". Usually Indian batsmen find a way to tackle Afridi in a tactical way but they seemed to lose their plot today.[/quote'] How was he being irresponsible? With Dravid doing nothing at the other end, he had to take on the bowlers to keep up with the run rate.
just be gracious in defeat man, sometimes you going to loose its part of cricket, but please what's the point in making excuses.
How was he being irresponsible? With Dravid doing nothing at the other end, he had to take on the bowlers to keep up with the run rate.
Contrast the dive Kohli put and how GG gave up. There was never a run there and RSD was yelling on top of his lungs "no no". GG had at least try sliding his bat to make an effort, which he didn't. Anyways its done and dusted
Contrast the dive Kohli put and how GG gave up. There was never a run there and RSD was yelling on top of his lungs "no no". GG had at least try sliding his bat to make an effort' date=' which he didn't. Anyways its done and dusted[/quote'] It was a late call from Dravid, as the non-striker Gambhir should be backing up as much as he can and its up to Dravid to give an early call. I agree it looked like GG made very little effort to get back in, don't know why that was, maybe he felt even a dive won't save him :dontknow:
Well no team has won chasing in a day-night match at the Centurion for 12 years now' date=' so there must be some advantage in batting first.[/quote'] You mean under lights ? :hmmm: