Why is there such a fuss about Ganguly and Tendulkar rested?

King

Re: Why is there such a fuss about Ganguly and Tendulkar rested? Cricketics, No. It is not dropping. On what basis can you drop them? Just the two matches in WC? If that is so, not even one player will get a consistent run of even 5 ODIs at one time. It is just that they want to form a bigger pool of players, identify the next generation bats, give them exposure, and make them ready for international cricket in tough scenarios when our seniors are not present due to injury or form loss or whatever. It is extremely important to prepare for the future. And they'd not have got better opportunities than this series to at least judge their talent. And this is why I find Mongia's selection silly and feel that it is zonal politics that got him in.

Re: Why is there such a fuss about Ganguly and Tendulkar res

FYI ... this is not the first time that SRT has missed a tour while being fit.
of the top of my head ... 2003 ODI Series against Bd 2002 series against WI
BB, In 2003 BD series, after the WC, he was recovering from the finger operation. In 2002 home series vs WI, he was to go through, "strengthening the knee exercise" (I'm forgetting the medical term for that) and hence had withdrawn himself from the series. This reason could just have been hogwash, he might have been "rested" here.

Re: Why is there such a fuss about Ganguly and Tendulkar rested?

Cricketics, No. It is not dropping. On what basis can you drop them? Just the two matches in WC? If that is so, not even one player will get a consistent run of even 5 ODIs at one time. It is just that they want to form a bigger pool of players, identify the next generation bats, give them exposure, and make them ready for international cricket in tough scenarios when our seniors are not present due to injury or form loss or whatever. It is extremely important to prepare for the future. And they'd not have got better opportunities than this series to at least judge their talent. And this is why I find Mongia's selection silly and feel that it is zonal politics that got him in.
well thing is, i never said that i want both of them to be dropped, i said that selectors had this intention of dropping both of them... i am never in favor of dropping either of them.. regarding mongia is concered.. i think selectorz are applying this logic "Hum isko pahle lena bhool gaye the, chalo ab lele te hai and then baad mein bhaar nikaal denge" More then captain, Bcci doesn't use a player proffesionally and properly

Re: Why is there such a fuss about Ganguly and Tendulkar rested? I was in favour for resting for the players and reason being precisely to prepare the next generation batsmen!! Had Rohit Sharma got a chance, I'd have thought that selectors thinking has been clear. But unfortunately, it is not so!

Re: Why is there such a fuss about Ganguly and Tendulkar rested? "Hum isko pahle lena bhool gaye the, chalo ab lele te hai and then baad mein bhaar nikaal denge" -- english translation pls??? I find the resting decision a good one.. I support this.. cuz bangles tour is the best tour we can do our trials with youngsters... but then y vengsarkar comesup with all this crap of even dravid would be rested for the tour.. thts not gonna happen as long as dravid is the captain.. everyone knows this.. but still vengsarkar is shitting his pants in the media... :wall: i cudnt undst y they recalled mongia and vrv singh.. shudnt they have tired with rohit sharma, bose and ishan sharma?? :doh:

"Hum isko pahle lena bhool gaye the, chalo ab lele te hai and then baad mein bhaar nikaal denge" -- english translation pls???
we forgot to take him before, lets take him now, and later we can drop him for some other tour

Dravid was not appointed Captain by hte Selectors and not the BCCI after the world cup right? Is that why the selectors did not select a VC ?
Possible. This selection committe needs to be disbanded. Pretty much everyone starting with Vengsarkar seem to be both stupid and incompetent.

Re: Why is there such a fuss about Ganguly and Tendulkar rested? Honestly, they dont have replacement for even Yuvraj, let alone SRT. It is big hit when SRT is completely gone. Unless, Yuv, Dhoni take over from SRT and Gangs and Rohit Sharma and bunch fill in the gap, its going to hurt us big time. We have seen except Dhoni, no other new comer has been impressive. Zaheer, Yuv, Kaif were few who could sustain for 5+ years but again, they are not outstanding either. I mean cant be compared with Dravid, SRT and Gangs. I mean these 3 after 5 years were like complete backbones. They had take all the burden on them from their seniors in less than 2 years of coming to international cricket. Same cannot be said about Yuv, Kaif and Dhoni. I mean they are just like any other players. Same with new bunch. Srisanth, Karthik, Mongia arent anything worth that one can say why did we drop them?? They selection should be such that when SRT and Gangs are dropped we should feel, no worries we have Yuv and Dhoni... Especially for big tours. Its real irony that we canot have a pool of even 15-20 players. We barely have 11 to play whose selection is more natural.