Food - Yummy?

Anonymous

Roos are OK. Good for just the experience or something weird and exotic, but the meat is generally too tough and lean. If I want something gamey, give me venison. For something a bit more low fat and lean, I prefer good Colorado bison.
so did you ever try venison? My dad says its the tastiest meat by miles.

In Tamilnadu's interior districts, some people eat field rats especially during droughts and I have heard that people fry and eat insects that come out when it rains, attracted to the light, I dont know the name in english..They come out only during rainy season and hover around lights..

Similarly, there are isolated tribes who are cannibals too. I have already covered both your points above. If you are eating human meat at a restaurant, A). Some one killed that person. Basically, a person has to die for you to eat it, whether directly or indirectly. So it may not be a moral dilemma but it surely is a crime.
Niether is it a moral dilemma, nor is it a crime. If you still insist that is a crime, what is your opinion on hospitals/medical colleges using abandoned corpses to train their doctors/students to help them gain mastery over the human physiology? As far as I can, the two situations (the instance of medical colleges using college and restaurants serving meat) are very comparable.

This is one of the most disturbing videos I have seen. :(( Why can't they kill the dogs humanely?
Such barbaric behaviour is not simply limited to the killing of dogs; I cannot bring myself to eat meat if this is the kind of unbearable cruelty they endure before they end up on my plate. Hence, I stopped eating meat altogether, get my required proteins / vitamins through other means. I am in no rush to revert to my old eating habits. Thank god for that. Amen

When I was a kid I witnessed how they killed broiler chicken. A slit was made into the neck and then the bird was left to bleed to death in a inverted cone with a hole in the bottom. When dead, it was inserted in boiling water to remove the feathers. Now I don't mind killing animals in one clean stroke, but I guess it's difficult to do this for larger mammals. However, I will not stop eating chicken and other meat.

Ahimsa - Hindu religion prohibhits the consumption of meat, well, for the brahmin caste anyway. I don't question why some hindus are allowed to eat meat whilst others are forbidden from doing so, but I accept the result nonetheless. I do my best to avoid meat of anykind but if I find myself in a situation where I have to eat meat, then I draw the line at chicken, which I rarely eat anyway. If someone were to offer me a meat dish, I'd politely say "Thanks, but no thanks"
Its wrong to say that Hindu religion prohibits consumption of meat for Brahmins. There are no supported scripts to prove this point. Conversely smrithis like manu smrithi allows Brahmins to eat certain meat. Check this out: saartha.wordpress.com/2009/09/13/brahmins-and-vegetarianism This shows earlier brahmins were meat eaters and vegetarianism might have started later due to advent of buddism. Even today brahmins in Bengal, orissa and Kashmir are meat and fish eaters