Nehra is awful and should not be anywere near Indian team

You can pan him as much as you want to, but no one can deny him the praise for doing well in international cricket after his comeback. After all those injuries, surgeries, physiotherapy sessions etc and being completely written off, the fact that he could comeback to the team in itself was a great achievement. As for him not being anywhere near the team, well, all you need to do is to take a look at his stats since his comeback and compare that to what oher bowlers have done in the same time. 16 matches, 25 wickets@26 and a ER of 5.58, agreed it isnt great, but it isnt bad either. This is what Indian bowlers have done since Nehra's comeback http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;spanmin1=25+Jun+2009;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=bowling This is the list of all the bowlers in the same period http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;spanmin1=25+Jun+2009;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling Pan him as much as you can and want to , but the fact is he has been our best bowler since his comeback.
he always got the newball so picked up few wickets,his attitude is a disgrace to the team and the way he smiles after being hit make me like somebody should slap him there and then.even zak is now bowling as 1st change to acomodate nehra.
he always got the newball so picked up few wickets' date='his attitude is a disgrace to the team and the way he smiles after being hit make me like somebody should slap him there and then.[b']even zak is now bowling as 1st change to acomodate nehra.
Naah. Zak was bowling 1 change because he was playing an ODI after 10 months.

I am with the OP. This guy is pathetic in the field and his bowling is pretty ordinary to say the least, yes he got Dilshan out with a good yorker but i think once Ishant and Sreeshant are back Nehra has no place in the current squad. Even in the last game it was zaheer who brought us back into the game and Nehra was bowling all those low full tosses and he was extremely lucky that Sachin took a very good catch at midwicket, that was a bad delivery and it was going for a 4. Anyway hopefully Ishant and Sree come back soon and we can sit out Nehra, he can play an odd match here and there but thats about it. His fielding contributes an extra 20 runs for the opposition.

I am with the OP. This guy is pathetic in the field and his bowling is pretty ordinary to say the least' date=' yes he got Dilshan out with a good yorker but i think once Ishant and Sreeshant are back Nehra has no place in the current squad. Even in the last game it was zaheer who brought us back into the game and Nehra was bowling all those low full tosses and he was extremely lucky that Sachin took a very good catch at midwicket, that was a bad delivery and it was going for a 4. Anyway hopefully Ishant and Sree come back soon and we can sit out Nehra, he can play an odd match here and there but thats about it. His fielding contributes an extra 20 runs for the opposition.[/quote'] :dito:
I think as i said his fielding alone is going to cost his place. It should cost his place now. There was a clear run out chance at the keeper's end. This guy picked the ball at mid on in slow motion and froze like a statue without doing anything. A pick up and throw would have caused a definite run out.
at last ur :lightbulb: flashes .. now u realize this ..
at last ur :lightbulb: flashes .. now u realize this ..
I already told. He should be allowed to play until he starts becoming crap. Unfortunately we had no reference as all of them were crap. Zak was even more crappy. Applies to every bowler. They should play until they become crappy. But this thread was started when he was actually doing well. I can say "Dhoni is crappy now" and say "I told you so" when he goes through a bad patch. That is plain silly.