Nehra is awful and should not be anywere near Indian team

His economy rate is hopless. You decided to put in a criteria of 5 wickets! Thus cleverly this ommitted the guy you say is garbage , Dinda from the list. Who has a very good economy in recent series. And before you say you need a min rquirement of 5 wickets. I say stop playing goofy and give the others a go to enable them to get wickets. Which is the whole point. Nehra is awful most agree, so why keep playing and moaning but he is the best of a bad bunch. We need to get players of talent in to let them develop and improve. Nehra must go. Although his loyal fan base will never agree.

Even here the link shows once again the woeful economy of goofy

His economy rate is not hopeless. 6 runs per over in Power Play and death on subcontinental pattas is not hopeless. He bowls all his overs during that time. So if you want to try out new bowlers, you'll drop your best bowler of the past year? Fine, Zaheer should be given a longer rope but what about others? Why don't you list 4 bowlers better than Nehra in the Indian circuit on form and performance? Oh and Dinda is garbage. I've seen no hoper batsmen in Ranji Trophy take him to the cleaners. He has been selected and you'll see him over the next few months and agree with me that he is garbage.

Yadav, Dindia, RP(his economy rate is better then Nehras), Sree, Z Khan, Kumar , Tyagi. All are better the Nehra imo. So there are options but everyone is to scared to try them. Also the ones I have listed are all younger then Nehra apart from the classy ZK. So all will improve and get better if given exposure. While Nehra is going only one way and thats down! Also all 7 I have listed have better econ rates (apart from sree)over the much touted so called golden period for Nehra. So their are options but no courage in giving others a go and a run

Oh and Dinda is garbage. I've seen no hoper batsmen in Ranji Trophy take him to the cleaners. He has been selected and you'll see him over the next few months and agree with me that he is garbage.
Possibly will agree with you. However, I am willing to see more of him and see what he is all about. He bowls at decent pace and seems to have good fight. But lets see, the fact he is a dwarf worries me!
Yadav, Dindia, RP(his economy rate is better then Nehras), Sree, Z Khan, Kumar , Tyagi. All are better the Nehra imo. So there are options but everyone is to scared to try them. Also the ones I have listed are all younger then Nehra apart from the classy ZK. So all will improve and get better if given exposure. While Nehra is going only one way and thats down! Also all 7 I have listed have better econ rates (apart from sree)over the much touted so called golden period for Nehra. So their are options but no courage in giving others a go and a run
Look, you are making a mess out of yourself. You mention young players, well I agree it is good to give them chances but that does not mean young players are gold, did you see what they made use of their chances in the last series. It is a important series and therefore important to have experienced players and players who have performed. Those players have done nothing to show why they deserve to be ahead on Nehra. AN has played for 1 year and has been our main wicket taker and now you want a young bowler to take the huge responsibility.

Yadav is a good potential, but should get more exposure on A tours and domestic cricket. He is not ready for international cricket yet. Dinda is rubbish. You'll see it for yourself over the next few months now that he has been selected. RP Singh's 'better' economy rate is 5.9. So he gives 59 runs in 10 overs instead of 60 that Nehra gives. Whoopie Doo! Couple that with his average of 50+ and you really have a winner! Sreesanth has an 'economy' rate of 7.5!! Zaheer, I agree. P Kumar has a better economy rate because he is never used at the death. Whenever he is, he is smacked around more than Nehra. He is in the squad anyways. Tyagi is very ordinary from what I've seen of him. Nehra is amongst the best options available to us and has been our best fast bowler for the last year.

His economy rate is hopless. You decided to put in a criteria of 5 wickets! Thus cleverly this ommitted the guy you say is garbage , Dinda from the list. Who has a very good economy in recent series. And before you say you need a min rquirement of 5 wickets. I say stop playing goofy and give the others a go to enable them to get wickets. Which is the whole point. Nehra is awful most agree, so why keep playing and moaning but he is the best of a bad bunch. We need to get players of talent in to let them develop and improve. Nehra must go. Although his loyal fan base will never agree.
only wayne parnell is a die hard fan of nehra:giggle:
Don't know why so much Nehra hate. He isn't half as bad as people portray him to be. I just wish he would do more to get himself better' date=' but he is a good second/third option.[/quote'] He goes at over 6 an over. Simply awful forthe team to have a player who gets smoked all the time. He is like a batsman who scores a 50 in 90 balls. Yeah he might pick up odd wicket but goes for so many runs doing it that it renders his odd wicket or 2 useless. Thats why he is ranked number 66 in the world
He goes at over 6 an over. Simply awful forthe team to have a player who gets smoked all the time. He is like a batsman who scores a 50 in 90 balls. Yeah he might pick up odd wicket but goes for so many runs doing it that it renders his odd wicket or 2 useless. Thats why he is ranked number 66 in the world
So what are you tryin to say, play Bhajji and other spinners and rest all our pacers? Who's gonna replace Nehra?

Someone else who does not go for over 6 an over. Look at the stats there are a whole host of players who have a better economy rate over last 2 years. Yet they are dumped while Nehra carries on merrily get spanked! Kumar and Khan should be opening pair. Then need one other who can keep a lid on it. I have detailed already many who caould do the job better. I would prefer someone with genuine pace or at least someone who bowls mid 80 rather the Nehras lollipops. Do not understand this untouchable status of Nehra! Give others a go and run. Not the usual 2 games and out while Nehra carries on.

I think we are fast approaching a stage where the notion that bowlers are not going to win you matches from the Indian perspective is looking very strong..strike bowlers are fast moving out of fashion and bowlers who concede less are more talked about. If his ankle holds good, I think Nehra will survive untill the WC and buried after that! Untill then we may have to bear a certain beanpole wobbling in and flashing his toothy grins at us...:)

Someone else who does not go for over 6 an over. Look at the stats there are a whole host of players who have a better economy rate over last 2 years. Yet they are dumped while Nehra carries on merrily get spanked! Kumar and Khan should be opening pair. Then need one other who can keep a lid on it. I have detailed already many who caould do the job better. I would prefer someone with genuine pace or at least someone who bowls mid 80 rather the Nehras lollipops. Do not understand this untouchable status of Nehra! Give others a go and run. Not the usual 2 games and out while Nehra carries on.
His economy rate is okay for somebody bowling as third seamer ,but as he gets the new ball when there is some help its not that good. Also His wickets are Mostly at death overs when everbody is going after him- http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/31820.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=dis_dismissals;spanmax1=10+Jun+2010;spanmin1=10+Jun+2009;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling;view=batsman_summary he cannot take top batsman like ponting or sangakara.Most people HATE him because he did not deserve a chance just for his ipl performances.