Sreesanth issued 'final warning' by BCCI

cowboysfan

http://www.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/429393.html Indian fast bowler Sreesanth has been given a final warning by the BCCI that he will be suspended from domestic cricket if he violates the code of conduct again. Sreesanth, who has had disciplinary issues in domestic and international cricket, was recently fined 60% of his Irani Cup match fees for using offensive language against Mumbai's Dhawal Kulkarni. Following the incident, the BCCI sent a letter to the Kerala Cricket Association secretary TC Mathews issuing the warning to Sreesanth. "You are hereby given a final warning to ensure that you do not violate the BCCI Code of Conduct. Any repetition of such behavior will be dealt with severely by the BCCI including suspension from domestic cricket matches." Allan Donald, the former South African fast bowler, recently said Sreesanth needed to change his habits if he still wanted to play for India. Sreesanth has already been in the dock in the past for his publicised spat with Harbhajan Singh during the IPL and various other run-ins with opposition and umpires. During this Irani Cup, apart from his stand-off with Kulkarni, he was also involved in an exchange of words with Ramesh Powar. Both were seen taunting each other but Sreesanth later said it was just a friendly joust with his IPL team-mate and that neither of them crossed the line. ----- its unlikely he will b picked for the the aussie series now,what a waste.
Donald said they had extensive talks about the training routine, and reckoned Sreesanth had plenty of areas to work on. "First of all, his training habits are not good and the way he goes on to the field need to change. Then, he doesn't put enough time on specifics." Donald also said Sreesanth needed to work on his attitude, and his tendency to lose the plot when things didn't go his way. "I know he is aggressive, he is passionate and I know he just boils over with emotions in the heat of the battle. There is nothing wrong with that but I just think sometimes he lets himself down."
What a clown. This dancing donkey has been given so many opportunities yet his practice habits are still not good enough. No wonder he fell apart and started crying when he got smacked in the face.
What a clown. This dancing donkey has been given so many opportunities yet his practice habits are still not good enough. No wonder he fell apart and started crying when he got smacked in the face.
Hey, welcome back Fontaine. Have not seen you on the board much in recent times. Looking forward to reading your posts again (moar bowling please. :D )
I do not think any cricketer has received such a warning. Even Bhajji. That says something. But he was okay in challenger trophy as far as i saw.
So why the ridiculous OTT letter? They clearly looking for excuses not to pick him. However, I have a feeling his bowling over next year is going to make him very difficult to ignore over next year. Despite all the hatred against him(you would think he raped someone judging by the vitriol)by seemingly all and sundry! He had a minor exchange in Irani game and then all of a sudden letters etc.:(( They are just looking for reasons not to select him. Dhoni still has not forgiven him for Sree blowing him away in a IPL game. With Sree letting him know that Sree is still around. Sree was trying to make impression with fierce bowling to the indian captain but it seems he would have been better of bowling gentle half volleys. We have become soft and too nice and dhoni. As he wants squaeky clean yes men. Rather then people with fire and character. We need to become more nasty again to take us to more victories. Sree must be picked and let loose:viking:
I do not think it is a one-off incident. Remember he went after Sehwag/ Tendulkar/ Dravid. So when there are so many inputs from so many players over a period it gains some weightage. So onus is on Sreesanth to lose this 'bad boy' tag.
Whats wrong bowling with fire and aggression in domestic games against legends or indian players? Thats what we want, well at least I do. Let the match referee deal with any issues and we worry if he gets people out. Clearly you prescribe to the theory that he should bowl nice half volleys to these stars!
Whats wrong bowling with fire and aggression in domestic games against legends or indian players? Thats what we want, well at least I do. Let the match referee deal with any issues and we worry if he gets people out. Clearly you prescribe to the theory that he should bowl nice half volleys to these stars!
I guess it got something to do with profanity. It is clearly stated "He is violating BCCI code of conduct". I don't like BCCI on many counts. But when they have a rule and somebody disobeys them repeatedly then he ought to be reminded "nobody is above the law". least of all Sreesanth who has a long way to go. There is a fine line between stupidity and aggression. When Donald stares intensely at batsmen and walk backwards to his crease without losing eye contact with batsman that is aggression. But he does within law. If you go about and start abusing players with bad words that is childish. just not on.

The thing is he doesn't have to scare batsmen by using profanity. All he has to do is show off his dancing skills and make some faces. That will be enough :winky: . Batsmen respect him. Best compliment he has received so far from Adam Gilchrist while batting in a T20 game at MCG. Before he was read for Sreesanth bowlnig on the microphone he said "Sreesanth got a very good slower one. very deceptive. Gotta look for that one". He has talent. But he has to learn to help maintain a sane working environment. Remember not long ago Sree and Bhajji were involved in an altercation on the field (not the slapping incident). This was when Bhajji misfielded off Sree's bowling and vice versa. This is not healthy. We don't want to have our own Sohaib Akhtar.

Hey' date=' welcome back Fontaine. Have not seen you on the board much in recent times. Looking forward to reading your posts again (moar bowling please. :D )[/quote'] Thanks bro. Been busy with a new job, new baby daughter and so on. Missed some of the good stuff on ICF. As for bowling, ah man, what can I say? The more things change the more they stay the same as far as Indian bowling goes. Hopefully Z Khan comes back strong and fit, and Nehra continues his sparkling renaissance.
I guess it got something to do with profanity. It is clearly stated "He is violating BCCI code of conduct". I don't like BCCI on many counts. But when they have a rule and somebody disobeys them repeatedly then he ought to be reminded "nobody is above the law". least of all Sreesanth who has a long way to go. There is a fine line between stupidity and aggression. When Donald stares intensely at batsmen and walk backwards to his crease without losing eye contact with batsman that is aggression. But he does within law. If you go about and start abusing players with bad words that is childish. just not on.
It's an amazing concept isn't it? When some one like Symonds abuses Indian players by cursing and swearing at them, then the entire nation is up in arms. But when an Indian bowler abuses, and swears at two players then it must be ok? Sreesanth is in this situation because of one reason and one reason only: Sreesanth. On top of his awful attitude and swearing, his practice and work habits are missing too according to Alan Donald who worked with him only recently. No wonder he's so inconsistent and sucks hard when he's struggling.
So why the ridiculous OTT letter? They clearly looking for excuses not to pick him. However, I have a feeling his bowling over next year is going to make him very difficult to ignore over next year. Despite all the hatred against him(you would think he raped someone judging by the vitriol)by seemingly all and sundry! He had a minor exchange in Irani game and then all of a sudden letters etc.:(( They are just looking for reasons not to select him. Dhoni still has not forgiven him for Sree blowing him away in a IPL game. With Sree letting him know that Sree is still around. Sree was trying to make impression with fierce bowling to the indian captain but it seems he would have been better of bowling gentle half volleys. We have become soft and too nice and dhoni. As he wants squaeky clean yes men. Rather then people with fire and character. We need to become more nasty again to take us to more victories. Sree must be picked and let loose:viking:
Knew it. BCCI hate capmaign against Sree continues. Now we are stuck with clearly inferior pacers in Ishant, Kumar and Nehra:((