Obama administration upsets Indian-American community

Texy

so now all the hindus are honored.. umm nice.. obama has lit the diwali lamp.. wat a proud moment for all the hindus.. ppl who has a lot of self-respect like tex1des can now feel proud and relax..
Well if you are a US citizen and a practicing Hindu you will feel proud. If not, it doesn't really matter unless you care for the feelings of others which obviously some of you don't.

so now all the hindus are honored.. umm nice.. obama has lit the diwali lamp.. wat a proud moment for all the hindus.. ppl who has a lot of self-respect like tex1des can now feel proud and relax..
Yes it was a proud moment for all hindus living in this country...even though we represent less than 1% of the pop... people like you wouldn't know that

Don't we have better things to do than worry about symbolic gestures? Some people are just looking to get offended' date=' while others are waiting to fawn over a lamp-lighting ceremony.[/quote'] if you're living in US...this is a big achievement to be recognized by the white house...shows how far we have come and growing

A teacher in my son's daycare wished me 'Happy Diwali' and a 'Happy New Year' and asked if I had seen the TV footage of the White House celebration. It was shown live on internet. This thing just spreads the awareness around about our festivals and holidays. Not that I want the white house to celebrate Diwali with a lot of firecrackers, but in a non-homegenous environment, it helps to keep the harmony around. Just like we wish them on Christmas and other holidays.

Funny how India is celebrating Diwali (victory of Good over Evil) and US here is gearing up to celebrate Halloween (where Evil wins :P)
Shows how much you know. Hallowe'en is an old Pagan festival and had nothing to do originally with Dracula or Frankestein's monster. It's only the villification of Evangelical Christians that has tarnished it with a reputation for being 'evil' or 'satanic'.