Crowd boos Dhoni

Feed

Mahendra Singh Dhoni who was booed by a section of the crowd in the course of India’s four-run defeat at Australia’s hands here on Sunday later downplayed the incident. More... ‘Death bowling needs improvement’ AGE CORRESPONDENT BARODA Oct. 25: Mahendra Singh Dhoni who was booed by a section of the crowd in the course of India’s four-run defeat at Australia’s hands here on Sunday later downplayed the incident. "This is part and parcel of the game and it is not the first time. We were booed in Mumbai and other places too when we lost a match. At the end of the day, you have to win games. This is normal behaviour and we have gone through this before," said Dhoni. The reasons for the defeat could have been many. Losing big wickets during the power play was the prime cause, according to Dhoni. "It was difficult to sight the ball because it had gone soft. Also, they were bowling really well. Gautam and I decided to take the score to 150 in 30 overs and use the power play from there. "With 126 to get in 16 with seven wickets, it was achievable. Losing too many wickets pushed us back." However, Dhoni remained upbeat after the loss and noted there was a lot away from the game. "The bowlers did well with the new ball but they were unlucky. I think we need to work a bit harder on our bowling in the death overs, but overall I am happy with the performance of our bowlers. "It was not a wicket where there was a great deal of help for the fast bowlers, but I thought they bowled well and in the right areas. Of course our top-order could have done better. When you are chasing a big target you need a 100 or three or four batsmen to score 50s. That did not happen today," he said. On his approach during the chase, Dhoni added: "Well, it depends on who is batting as each and everyone has a role in the side. If you are batting with a player like Yuvraj Singh, then you don’t take too much of risk because it is he who does it. If the batsman at the other end is not really a big striker of the ball then I would like to take the strike more."

i dint have any problems with dhoni's batting yest .. he played according to the situation .. but things would have been different if he had stayed till then end with bhajji and pk .. last over 9 runs with dhoni and bajji at the wicket .. i would bet india would have won ..

He may be the captain of the team, but there are still 10 other guys, cricketers with varying degrees of experience, who share the responsibility. Putting the blame squarly on Dhoni's shoulders is senseless. In that close a game anything could have been the difference, a single wide and the runs coming from that extra ball, or one little misfield. But then I guess it's easier to boo Dhoni than to give any credit, however small, to the opposing team. And was he the only one scoring @ less than a run a ball?

He may be the captain of the team' date=' but there are still 10 other guys, cricketers with varying degrees of experience, who share the responsibility. Putting the blame squarly on Dhoni's shoulders is senseless. In that close a game anything could have been the difference, a single wide and the runs coming from that extra ball, or one little misfield. But then [b']I guess it's easier to boo Dhoni than to give any credit, however small, to the opposing team. And was he the only one scoring @ less than a run a ball?
Thats the thing, its the easy option
we praise them like gods when they do good and we boo em when they **** up... goes both ways
though it is wrong to boo him but I agree with the above statement Cricket in India is a different ball game altogether.. we make our players superstars overnight (I literally mean overnight) which happens nowhere else in the world .. so it is not surprising to see them being trashed also very quickly .. it is just the emotions attached to the game
we praise them like gods when they do good and we boo em when they **** up... goes both ways
you were part of that crowd who booed kaptaan kool. ***ing dehati gujjus :finger: IMO, no Indian player should complain about being booed by the crowd because the same bunch praise to you 7th heaven if you help India win one game. They don't complain then (excessive praises ?), then I guess they should just accept the fact that the fans are fickle and move on with their game.