DTH/Cable India

ViruRulez

Last option without H/W upgrade, try this SVideo/RCA Composite, I have never used this cable myself, but should work with your setup. sku_4723_1.jpg
abe ye to aur bhi dangerous connection dikh raha hai :--D let it be.. I am anyways not sure what would be the quality on my computer... I always get lesser quality even in my normal cable connection on my computer compared to the TV.. I will keep the STB for the TV and go with the normal cable connection in my computer .. anyways I need only the important channels for recording and most of them are already present in the normal cable connection in my computer .. the only reason I wanted to connect the STB to my computer was because I could record some lesser known foreign and Indian channels and upload them to youtube etc. without worrying about copyright infringement notices (smaller channels do not send these notices).. but let it be... maybe I will try once again today as I only checked for a few minutes yesterday night and if it still does not work I will let it go and use the STB on my TV only

This would be an ideal solution :D but we would have to wait a gazzilion years for this to get to India. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=819651&postcount=27
Not a gazallion years for sure :P But from what I am hearing in the future companies will take even more care so that recording etc. of channels cannot be done in order to reduce unauthorized use of recordings :dontknow:

There is no IQ in India ? Its a set top box to record programs on to an inbuilt hard drive. Cable companies supply it and they charge $10 a month for this PS: I iz poor so I dont have it
There is Tata Sky+ but those bollocks dont have a USB port or a medium through which we can import content :(( whats more we can only record 90 mins of TV programming.

There is no IQ in India ? Its a set top box to record programs on to an inbuilt hard drive. Cable companies supply it and they charge $10 a month for this PS: I iz poor so I dont have it
Those are like Tata Sky+ but they are bekaar with only an hour or two of recording.. and to add to that you cannot take it to your computer for uploading into websites etc.. .. those are total bekaar STBs .. that is good for only for housewives who are devoted to saas-bahu serials :giggle:

90 mins :hehe: can barely record one IPL innings lol My Sky+ STB has a 160 hours of recording The Sky+ box has a USB connection, but AFAIK you can't connect to PC. On the older models it was possible to take out the HD and replace it with another HD which you can record onto and then connect to PC. Not sure if that is still possible. Viru set that up and then record cricket from Neo Cricket, Star Cricket and all the other cricket channels for us at ICF. Would love to get some of those classic matches

90 mins :hehe: can barely record one IPL innings lol My Sky+ STB has a 160 hours of recording The Sky+ box has a USB connection, but AFAIK you can't connect to PC. On the older models it was possible to take out the HD and replace it with another HD which you can record onto and then connect to PC. Not sure if that is still possible. Viru set that up and then record cricket from Neo Cricket, Star Cricket and all the other cricket channels for us at ICF. Would love to get some of those classic matches
I already have recording for my regular cable on one of my computers. I have been one of India's most popular youtube uploaders since many years too but whenever I upload any cricket clip even for a few seconds BCCI claims copyright infringement and my channels are deleted. So, I have stopped uploading as a whole to avoid the headache. I had continued uploading news clips for those cricket matches then. But then even my news clips recording from news channels also got deleted due to copyright infringement and that too by another cricket board (not BCCI). I was hell pissed off and so decided never to upload anything directly related to cricket again. Its too big a headache to take.

I already have recording for my regular cable on one of my computers. I have been one of India's most popular youtube uploaders since many years too but whenever I upload any cricket clip even for a few seconds BCCI claims copyright infringement and my channels are deleted. So' date=' I have stopped uploading as a whole to avoid the headache. I had continued uploading news clips for those cricket matches then. But then even my news clips recording from news channels also got deleted due to copyright infringement and that too by another cricket board (not BCCI). I was hell pissed off and so decided never to upload anything directly related to cricket again. Its too big a headache to take.[/quote'] Don't upload to youtube, but if tell us what you have, maybe a few requests could be made, then upload to megaupload. Man that would be awesome.

Don't upload to youtube' date=' but if tell us what you have, maybe a few requests could be made, then upload to megaupload. Man that would be awesome.[/quote'] I dont have old recordings. I record only a few and delete all my recordings everyday. Frankly speaking, I wont upload something if the people who made it (like BCCI, channels etc.) do not like it. I respect copyright and only upload those videos where the original owners have no copyright problems. Many channels in fact like it when their videos are shared as it gives them more publicity but many claim copyright infringement almost instantly.