Cmon Rampage Raina

spectre

How does someone like Kholi get preferential treatment over Raina ? Or does Dhoni think that Kholi is useless for big hitting and held Raina back to bat at the death overs ? If it is the former, then god help India. But if its the latter, then why waste spot on someone who is not capable of performing in all situation types. Why then waste a 2nd spot with Jadeja.

How does someone like Kholi get preferential treatment over Raina ? Or does Dhoni think that Kholi is useless for big hitting and held Raina back to bat at the death overs ? If it is the former, then god help India. But if its the latter, then why waste spot on someone who is not capable of performing in all situation types. Why then waste a 2nd spot with Jadeja.
I think its more of the latter I remember Dhoni saying Raina is a power player and he is held back to hit the quick runs during chases Its more of Dhonis confidence in Raina rather than the lack of it Kholi is also a very good upcoming talent and certainly can hit the big ones, just that he needs to be selective in his shots. All will remember Gambhir had similar issues earlier in his career I just hope this guy makes some big knocks and cements his place
I think its more of the latter I remember Dhoni saying Raina is a power player and he is held back to hit the quick runs during chases Its more of Dhonis confidence in Raina rather than the lack of it Kholi is also a very good upcoming talent and certainly can hit the big ones, just that he needs to be selective in his shots. All will remember Gambhir had similar issues earlier in his career I just hope this guy makes some big knocks and cements his place
Gambhirs spot was never permanent when he was struggling. He was dropped and only after consistent performance has he become a permanent fixture in the side.
Gambhirs spot was never permanent when he was struggling. He was dropped and only after consistent performance has he become a permanent fixture in the side.
which is true, i am not saying Kholi is a certainity now, he has to be given few more chances and will have be more consistent, if he wants to be in that top 7 But whatever I have seen of him, he comes off as a very talented player(same with Rohit), all depends on their consistency and temperament to play big knocks
which is true, i am not saying Kholi is a certainity now, he has to be given few more chances and will have be more consistent, if he wants to be in that top 7 But whatever I have seen of him, he comes off as a very talented player(same with Rohit), all depends on their consistency and temperament to play big knocks
if I hope to choose choose between Rohit and Kohli in terms of talent and all round performance then I will go with Rohit based on his hitting abilities alone leave apart his fair enough bowling abilities But for now Kohli should be given some more chances but Kohli must also prove his talent soon at a good SR at least and no in the 70ish SR in ODIs

Our batting line-up is so strong that Raina has to contend with coming in at no.6 for a while. People want Dhoni to bat at no.4, Virat to be no.3 or no.4 and now Raina. It's just not possible. Our top four (Veeru,Sachin,Gauti n Yuvi) is a pretty much settled one and tinkering with that is not a good idea. At best Dhoni can be a floater depending up on the situation.

True. He has so far has played only a few games, so i am all for him being in the side. But i would rather he came in after Raina and Dhoni and work his way to the middle order.