Cmon Rampage Raina

spectre

He is being marginalized in this star-studded batting line-up and his talents are being inexcusably under-utilized. Very little reasoned logic can be put forward for relegating someone like Raina to the no.6 spot in the batting order. Ideally, he should bat at no.3 or 4.

he proved to very effective at no.3 after tht short ball thing in T20WC09, hes been dropped down the order....
I think the better reason was India didnt have any power hitters lower down the order for the last two series and with Yuvi missing ,Dhoni wanted someone to provide the impetus while chasing and finishing innings He views Raina as the power player who can strike the big ones and so he kept him lower down, a good example was against Pakistan when he he almost pulled it off, if not for the umpiring horror dont say Yusuf Pathan was there, he was as reliable as Moyo's allegiance

I think Spectre's reason is why he is batting down the order. He can provide momentum. He doesn't depend on power play. Absence of Yuvraj is keeping him down the order. If only someone like Yuvraj and Sehwag can bat at 7 Indian batting would become destructive. Gambhir Sehwag Tendulkar Yuvraj Raina Dhoni Yusuf Pathan (assuming he is consistent!!) Irfan Pathan Harbhajan Praveen Nehra This has 10 players who are no mug with bat. All of them can attack the bowling. If only India has just 1 strike bowler whose 10 overs will be given respect by opposition India would have become a potent unit. But Zaheer khan's return could do that. He is no mug with bat either.

I think Spectre's reason is why he is batting down the order. He can provide momentum. He doesn't depend on power play. Absence of Yuvraj is keeping him down the order. If only someone like Yuvraj and Sehwag can bat at 7 Indian batting would become destructive. Gambhir Sehwag Tendulkar Yuvraj Raina Dhoni Yusuf Pathan (assuming he is consistent!!) Irfan Pathan Harbhajan Praveen Nehra This has 10 players who are no mug with bat. All of them can attack the bowling. If only India has just 1 strike bowler whose 10 overs will be given respect by opposition India would have become a potent unit. But Zaheer khan's return could do that. He is no mug with bat either.
What is a mug by the way?
With this bowling line up, you will lose more games.

Really it wud have been ideal..if Dhoni could discover his oldself again..as things stand nw I don't think there is chance of Raina playing before #6 position esp with the return of Yuvraj. He should have played ahead of Kohli in the last game..I don't think Aus spinners would have gotten away that easily with him at the crease.