Zimboks whoop Bangles big time

zubinpepsi

what part of winning 16 out of 21 matches is considered a "match or two". if you want to include kenya into the discussion its more like 23 out of 28. what part of that is a "match or two". you also haven't been listening to the complaints or haven't had them translated into hindi properly. the complaint is not about playing the big teams, its about why the BCCI has not offered a tour when Australia has offered 2, South Africa has offered 2, and England has offered 2. its about whether or not the BCCI is right to violate the rules of the old FTP simply because it can. unless you believe that doing whatever one is capable of doing (which can be used to justify anything from robbery, to murder, to rape) then i don't see how you can, logically at least, deny this. its not about "big teams" its about the BCCI, whose financial importance is far greater than the cricketing skill of its players would indicate. never forget that.
Clearly you are including WI 2nd string and Zim after they got stripped off their good players. What is the record against the other teams (and WI 1st string team) ? If India followed the old FTP then we would be playing only half the tests that Aus/Eng plays and would be traveling more than hosting (more money to the hosts). So forgive us for having the clout to challenge an archaic system. BD hasn't improved yet to the point that it makes a compelling viewing. Sure it can pull off an upset here and there but for most part, it just is an awful one sided game in which most opposition players take it easy.
what part of winning 16 out of 21 matches is considered a "match or two". if you want to include kenya into the discussion its more like 23 out of 28. what part of that is a "match or two". you also haven't been listening to the complaints or haven't had them translated into hindi properly. the complaint is not about playing the big teams, its about why the BCCI has not offered a tour when Australia has offered 2, South Africa has offered 2, and England has offered 2. its about whether or not the BCCI is right to violate the rules of the old FTP simply because it can. unless you believe that doing whatever one is capable of doing (which can be used to justify anything from robbery, to murder, to rape) then i don't see how you can, logically at least, deny this. its not about "big teams" its about the BCCI, whose financial importance is far greater than the cricketing skill of its players would indicate. never forget that.
Ok there is a Ind-BD test series and a trilateral series with Indi-SL-Bang early next year although I am not sure whether BCCI will benefit as there wont be many people interested in one-sided matches.. ab to khush ho Anyways a gift for you lollypop1164.jpg
Clearly you are including WI 2nd string and Zim after they got stripped off their good players. What is the record against the other teams (and WI 1st string team) ? If India followed the old FTP then we would be playing only half the tests that Aus/Eng plays and would be traveling more than hosting (more money to the hosts). So forgive us for having the clout to challenge an archaic system. BD hasn't improved yet to the point that it makes a compelling viewing. Sure it can pull off an upset here and there but for most part, it just is an awful one sided game in which most opposition players take it easy.
largely false. India, AUS, Eng have played more or less the same amount of tests per year overall under the old FTPs or whatever system they had in the olden days. if you factor in the ashes are 5 tests per year, than the number of matches india gets are more than fair. especially if you factor in that for the first 20 years, india was a newbie team akin to what bangladesh is now and sri lanka was in 80s. the contravention of the old FTP was simply a case of "might makes right" and nothing more. especially when relative pauper boards like the CA and ECB could afford to host BD on more than once occaission. and no i didn't include west indies A team. if i did, you can make that 26 out of 31 :) and zim's good players wouldn't have played forever. andy flower had already retired, grant, heath, blignaut, hondo, price, wishart, carlilse, ervine have alll tasted defeat to us before (albeit once, but the series was not only close, but our team in 04 was far inferior to the current bunch). as for our record against top teams, since we beat you guys in dec 2004, its something like 7 wins out of 60 matches. which certainly isn't shabby for a minnow.
largely false. India, AUS, Eng have played more or less the same amount of tests per year overall under the old FTPs or whatever system they had in the olden days. if you factor in the ashes are 5 tests per year, than the number of matches india gets are more than fair. especially if you factor in that for the first 20 years, india was a newbie team akin to what bangladesh is now and sri lanka was in 80s. the contravention of the old FTP was simply a case of "might makes right" and nothing more. especially when relative pauper boards like the CA and ECB could afford to host BD on more than once occaission. and no i didn't include west indies A team. if i did, you can make that 26 out of 31 :) and zim's good players wouldn't have played forever. andy flower had already retired, grant, heath, blignaut, hondo, price, wishart, carlilse, ervine have alll tasted defeat to us before (albeit once, but the series was not only close, but our team in 04 was far inferior to the current bunch).
hosting BD is not a beneficial proposition for any team in the world except the minnows ... all cricket lovers hate one-sided matches and without the fans and spectators any series would become a huge failure .. I just went to the bangladesh cricket forum after reading your posts and they were mentioning a T20 league there too which everyone was excited about and was running almost concurrent with the CL T20.. and I could not stop laughing at the prize money .. the winning team of the whole tournament gets only 200,000 tk (or whatever the currency is) and I converted it in money converter and it came to 2900 US dollars .. if you just compare this to CL T20, the prize money is 2.3 million dollars which is 171,625,003 tk (using the same converter).. so 2900 dollars is a good enough prize money for a whole team in a country like BD and 2.5 million dollars is good in Indian cricket tournament. So, it depends on the revenues and nobody wants to play a series just for making it a failure in terms of revenues. Secondly, if we play the BD team or other minnows then it will affect our overall record. We hardly earn any points by playing a minnow team while Aus, SA will play stronger oppositions and will earn points and go ahead of us. There are a lot of reasons and I dont think it is wrong at all. Anyways there are two series involving Bangladesh next year including two tests between India and BD (I seriously would have liked an Aus or SA test series instead) and I think that is more than enough India is doing. :hatsoff:
largely false. India, AUS, Eng have played more or less the same amount of tests per year overall under the old FTPs or whatever system they had in the olden days. if you factor in the ashes are 5 tests per year, than the number of matches india gets are more than fair. especially if you factor in that for the first 20 years, india was a newbie team akin to what bangladesh is now and sri lanka was in 80s. the contravention of the old FTP was simply a case of "might makes right" and nothing more. especially when relative pauper boards like the CA and ECB could afford to host BD on more than once occaission. and no i didn't include west indies A team. if i did, you can make that 26 out of 31 :) and zim's good players wouldn't have played forever. andy flower had already retired, grant, heath, blignaut, hondo, price, wishart, carlilse, ervine have alll tasted defeat to us before (albeit once, but the series was not only close, but our team in 04 was far inferior to the current bunch). as for our record against top teams, since we beat you guys in dec 2004, its something like 7 wins out of 60 matches. which certainly isn't shabby for a minnow.
WTF does FTP has to do with India being a newbie back in 1930. Trivia question : When did FTP start ? In the 2001-2006 ftp, Not only did Aus and England get more tests (India - 66, Aus - 76, Eng - 80) but both Aus and England hosted 50% or more of their games. India probably did 40%. Same with ODI's. While India got to play a lot more ODIs, they hosted only 1/3rd of their games while Aus and Eng did upward of 40%. Next time, atleast do some digging before calling something factual false. India may have taken 20 years to win their first test but they played only 25 or so tests in those 20 years. Besides that, India never lost 50% of their games by an innings, something BD can be very proud of doing in their 1st 25 or so tests. So do not compare BD with India. We werent utterly hopeless back then. Reg. Zim, it wasnt that the good players retired but Mugabe's witch hunt against white Zimbabweans that made what they are. What is this 26 out of 31 you are talking about? I thought it was the number of game you won in ODI's. Since it was that high, i assumed that it was against bad teams. Edit : Now i understand your stats. You have included bermuda,canada etc. So you are the best among the worst (or 2nd string). Everyone knew that already.
The ignorance of BD fans and hatred towards India and BCCI is just staggering. The '04 tour which eventually happened in BD was scheduled to be hosted in India, but the BD board wanted it to be hosted in BD so they could earn more money out of it. BCCI has nothing to gain and everything to loose by foregoing it's home series. But somehow I think even this simple logic will find a hard way getting through if at all.
Dude, read the thread and u'll know who hates who.... All this fun making because we lost one match on a pitch which was playing all kinds of tricks with the batsmen in the morning session for the first 1 hour. Once u are 63 for 6 there is hardly a chance to come back. Anyways enjoy this thread while it lasts.
All this fun making because we lost one match on a pitch which was playing all kinds of tricks with the batsmen in the morning session for the first 1 hour. Once u are 63 for 6 there is hardly a chance to come back. Anyways enjoy this thread while it lasts.
Do you realize that what you consider a fluke by Zim is exactly how we consider when BD wins against the top 8 teams.
Do you realize that what you consider a fluke by Zim is exactly how we consider when BD wins against the top 8 teams.
obviously i realize...what is there not to realize? I mean I consider india's no 1 ranking a fluke, the t20 cup win another fluke but at the end of the day it really doesnt matter what i think or u think.... I will be surprised if any BD fan ever suggested that we can beat india in a 5 match ODI series but at the same time I still think it is reasonable to expect bangladesh to pull of a win once every 5 match....
obviously i realize...what is there not to realize? I mean I consider india's no 1 ranking a fluke, the t20 cup win another fluke but at the end of the day it really doesnt matter what i think or u think.... I will be surprised if any BD fan ever suggested that we can beat india in a 5 match ODI series but at the same time I still think it is reasonable to expect bangladesh to pull of a win once every 5 match....
I consider bd's test status a fluke.:finger:
A fluke that takes 2 years and dozens of win ? Getting to number 1 on the back of a lot of victories is not a fluke. But winning 1 out every few games is, which is precisely the best BD fans, including you can hope for. This is why a 5 match tour against BD by any of the top 8 team is a one-sided affair. That's make the tournament boring. What you think doesnt matter but what I think, as an Indian team fan does matter. I dont mean me, as in 1 person but the general mentality of the Indian fans. Judging by my friends, people here, we dont want to watch India play BD. Hence, there is less money to be made by the BCCI. So they dont care about BD. On the other hand, If me, and other Indian fans wants to watch Ind Vs BD, then it would be a good business decision for BCCI to host BD.
I consider bd's test status a fluke.:finger:
It was. BCCI was getting increasingly annoyed that even when they bought in most of the money for ICC, Aus-Eng-NZ nexus was too powerful. They needed 1 more vote to tilt the balance of power towards them. At the same time BD was rising among the minnows and it won against Pak in WC which was reason enough for Dalmiya to pronounce BD as the next big thing.

guys ..this thread made me remember the WC 2007 exit due to loss to BD .. :(( although a fluke , how bad it was for us .. we should never take any side lightly .. we must also encourage minnows like BD by hosting them once in a while but certainly it's not time now .. and for BD fans .. think before u talk when u say india hates BD .. it's bcos of us , u got the test status .. and we have played u many times before .. when other big teams refused ..

BD's win against India in the WC is not a fluke because since then India is yet to beat us convincingly.
Very next game after BD's fluke: 1. India chased 250/5 in 45 overs 2. India scored 284 and won the game by 46 runs. Might not be "convincing if you go by the run margin but BD were never in the game and it was due to Mortaza's late blitz which helped BD reduce the deficit somewhat. 3. 3rd ODI game abandoned due to rain. India won 2-0...as expected 4. India chased 223 in 35 overs and won by 7 wickets 5. India chased 284 in 43 overs and won the game by 7 wickets I agree its not as convincing as you guys when you beat WI school team and Zimbabwe's exiled hit team, but I think we did OKAY when we handed out your arses to you :--D