Do you hate Pakistan?

Pakistan-India

When I said "Now how many of those would support Pak over India if it comes to a war' date=' no one knows, but I am willing to bet that most of them would.", I was clearly referring to "how many of those who celebrate a Pak victory over India" and NOT "how many of those Muslims living in India".[/quote']
All my muslim friends in India supported India. I know that for a fact. In any case supporting a countrys cricket team dosent mean that youd support that country in war. How you make leap of logic I dont know.
Thats IS some leap of logic. Its a different kettle of fish. People hugely overestimate the importance of not supporting your home nation in a sport. Its like the Tebbit test here in the UK- a load of bull which dosent prove anything
Ofc we all know there a gazillions of Patriotic Muslims out there and I am not suggesting that most of the general Muslim population in India is nut case. But you yourselves have acknowledged that there were Mumbai residents who supported the terrorist bombings which is the kind of people I am referring to as well.
How many do you reckon they were, those guys in Mumbai. A handful. A handful who should be castrated. Whats that as a percentage of the Mumbai Muslim popl (let alone the Indian muslim popl) ? You cannot make any generalisation based on that small number.

Thats IS some leap of logic. Its a different kettle of fish. People hugely overestimate the importance of not supporting your home nation in a sport. Its like the Tebbit test here in the UK- a load of bull which dosent prove anything How many do you reckon they were, those guys in Mumbai. A handful. A handful who should be castrated. Whats that as a percentage of the Mumbai Muslim popl (let alone the Indian muslim popl) ? You cannot make any generalisation based on that small number.
Well when two countries are at war, it is a different matter. And again it is personal opinion. To you it makes no difference I guess, to me and to many it does. I am not going to call you fecal matter if you chose to support them unlike the name calling you began your response with. If you have a game between US and Iran you will find Americans outraged if they see some of their own celebrating Iran's victory over US for example. Ofc when it comes to UK vs India (and that too involving UK citizens of Indian origin) it is a different matter as it is logical to have allegiance to both sides and then it becomes a matter of personal preference. Here in case of India vs Pak, if you chose Pak, what exactly is the reason? Cause your religion is important than your country? Then I say FU to those. Yes, you can't generalize about the general (muslim) population, but generalization of a subset of the population based on their past behavior is fine with me.

I did not suggest anything :) Please delete all the posts I have made on this thread.. I'll never come back to talking politics again :haha:
I was just messing with you mate, rest assured I am no fan of anyone who raises communal tension.
As a muslim of Indian origin who lived in Chennai. I can tell you that both of you are full of fecal matter. I for one vehementely support India vs Pak. And I mean vehemently. I support any team who plays against Pakistan. Even England. And trust me I hate the England cricket team. All my muslim friends in India supported India. I know that for a fact. In any case supporting a countrys cricket team dosent mean that youd support that country in war. How you make leap of logic I dont know. To say KT, that there are Muslims who despise India. Please tell us what you base that garbage on? Yoda thats a dangerous dangerous statement man. Youre 'Willing to bet??' Based on what exactly? Your gut feeling? I know there was support from Mumbai residents for the terrorist bombings there. But to say based on that that MOST would support Pak in a war is, again, garbage. My chacha who faught vs Pak in 71 would take serious umbrage at that. Not to mention that scores of other muslims who faught Pakistan in the wars they have had. Was there massive support for Pak from Indian muslims in those wars in the past then?
Glad to hear that Sooda(as also your post VR). I, like many others have already mentioned, would not care either way if a Muslim or a Hindu was posting here. And absolutely no reason why any Indian should be subjected to "supporting India" test. The funniest thing, or maybe not so much, is that the people who question some Indians loyalty are not Indians in the first place! They have either switched their passport to a Western passport, or are already in the process of doing so. :winky:

I was just messing with you mate, rest assured I am no fan of anyone who raises communal tension. Glad to hear that Sooda(as also your post VR). I, like many others have already mentioned, would not care either way if a Muslim or a Hindu was posting here. And absolutely no reason why any Indian should be subjected to "supporting India" test. The funniest thing, or maybe not so much, is that the people who question some Indians loyalty are not Indians in the first place! They have either switched their passport to a Western passport, or are already in the process of doing so. :winky:
isn't that better than hiding under the false pretense and covertly supporting the other side. Surrendering your passport doesn't equate to being not loyal to your roots otherwise billions of dollars wouldn't have been sent back to the mother land every year. Check some facts before posting crap p.s. with due respect to the muslim members of this forum....... last time I checked Indian Mujahideen, SIMI, Jihad India all have loyal members from WITHIN the country

isn't that better than hiding under the false pretense and covertly supporting the other side. Surrendering your passport doesn't equate to being not loyal to your roots.
Nobody here is pretending falsely. It is just the braindeads like you who do not have the basic courtsey of accepting people at their word. Where I come from if someone says something you accept it as his word and move on, you of course have brain infested with conspiracy theory. As for surrendering the passports, thanks for making my point! xx

Wtf is covert supporting anyways ? If there is a war between Pak and India, how is someone who is covertly supporting Pakistan gonna matter 99% of all people in India do not do anything to be called patriotic anyways...humaare logon ko roti kapda kamaane se fursat mile to jaake kuch patriotism dikhayenge.

I was just messing with you mate, rest assured I am no fan of anyone who raises communal tension. Glad to hear that Sooda(as also your post VR). I, like many others have already mentioned, would not care either way if a Muslim or a Hindu was posting here. And absolutely no reason why any Indian should be subjected to "supporting India" test. The funniest thing, or maybe not so much, is that the people who question some Indians loyalty are not Indians in the first place! They have either switched their passport to a Western passport, or are already in the process of doing so. :winky:
I agree being an Indian, it shouldn't mean you have to support India, but to support Pakistan after everything that has been going on with the country IMO is a big no no. I remember when I was very young. There was a football tournament, (Euro '96 I think) I supported Germany through out and they won in the end. The next day in school I was talking about it with my teacher who was an old guy, I was saying yeh I supported Germany all the way and he gave me a disgusted look (at the time I didnt know much about WWII) I thought he may think I'm just saying that because they won, so I was like "No really I did support them from the start" he didn't say much and some years later after learning about the war I understood why that happened. I feel its the same here. I don't think there would be a big problem if the person was supporting England or SA, but to support Pakistan....

I agree being an Indian, it shouldn't mean you have to support India, but to support Pakistan after everything that has been going on with the country IMO is a big no no.
I agree to that partially. The way I see it is if someone supports Pakistan purely for sporting reasons I see nothing wrong with him/her supporting Pakistan. I mean I know many Indians who are Aussie fans or South African fan. And I know tons of British Indians who support every country under the sun except England :hysterical: So yeah if an Indian, of any religion, supports Pakistan cos he likes Akram or enjoys Akhtar's bowling why would I be offended? On the other hand if someone does it simply because he dislikes India I dont quite appreciate that. xxx

I agree to that partially. The way I see it is if someone supports Pakistan purely for sporting reasons I see nothing wrong with him/her supporting Pakistan. I mean I know many Indians who are Aussie fans or South African fan. And I know tons of British Indians who support every country under the sun except England :hysterical: So yeah if an Indian, of any religion, supports Pakistan cos he likes Akram or enjoys Akhtar's bowling why would I be offended? On the other hand if someone does it simply because he dislikes India I dont quite appreciate that. xxx
what kind of brainfart flawed logic b.s. is that?? everyone has a favorite player from an opposing team..doesn't mean they will end up supporting the whole team OVER THEIR OWN TEAM... how could you POSSIBLY be ok with your country mate supporting the arch rival team while they are playing YOUR country..... supporting them when they are playing someone else is different than when they are playing your own team....

^^Does it really matter ? Is supporting our cricket teams THE final measure of patriotism ? Cmon dude...at least people sitting outside india (that too with umreekan passports!!) shouldn't be giving lectures about patriotism...have a bit of self respect. :hehe:
wtf you talking about? people sitting outside india especially with amreekan passport is doing more for India than many indians sitting in india. All the hard work NRIs have put up living in foreign conditions with foreign culture and still representing the country in a positive way in every professional field.

how could you POSSIBLY be ok with your country mate supporting the arch rival team while they are playing YOUR country..... supporting them when they are playing someone else is different than when they are playing your own team....
Errr maybe because my "national" compass is slightly different than yours: 1) I have NOT traded off my Indian passport and I dont intend to. 2) Cricket to me is just a game, not a symbol of citizenship. Hope that helps. :winky: xxx

wtf you talking about? people sitting outside india especially with amreekan passport is doing more for India than many indians sitting in india. All the hard work NRIs have put up living in foreign conditions with foreign culture and still representing the country in a positive way in every professional field.
Dude, the NRIs are not doing it for the country, they are doing it for themselves and don't even begin to argue about that. The fact that India is represented in a positive way is a by-product of NRI's success. Unless you are actually involved in some India specific mission...it is bloody obvious.

Dude' date=' the NRIs are not doing it for the country, they are doing it for themselves and don't even begin to argue about that. The fact that India is represented in a positive way is a by-product of NRI's success. Unless you are actually involved in some India specific mission...it is bloody obvious.[/quote'] Second that totally. I qualify as a NRI, if the definition includes working outside India, and I can raise my hand and say I never did it for India. And noone I have worked with have done it for India either. In fact I would go on to say most Indians I know have jumped on the oppertunity to come to the West and have done everything within their capacity to grab the citizenship, and I doubt anyone who did that did it for India. Our generation of folks happened to be the luckiest Indian generation. We were there at the right time to move around the world, make money, migrate to other nation and still proudly claim to do it for India!! Go figure :giggle:

If you have a game between US and Iran you will find Americans outraged if they see some of their own celebrating Iran's victory over US for example. Ofc when it comes to UK vs India (and that too involving UK citizens of Indian origin) it is a different matter as it is logical to have allegiance to both sides and then it becomes a matter of personal preference. Here in case of India vs Pak, if you chose Pak, what exactly is the reason? Cause your religion is important than your country? Then I say FU to those. Yes, you can't generalize about the general (muslim) population, but generalization of a subset of the population based on their past behavior is fine with me.
Yoda- just to make it clear, I said you were full of Fecal matter. Did not actually say youre fecal matter yourself. Is a bit of difference. wrt the bit I highlighted. Its logical to me and you. But not to tons of non ethnic English people, who accept but remain little bemused by ethnic folk supporting the teams of their ethnic origin. I can see where they are coming from. Trust me I am more Brit than Indian. When I go back to Madras I cannot speak Tamil for a start; its very much like a foreign country (even though I lived there a while back). In England I am at home. Yet I support India. That holds true for most British Asians. Very few would want to go back and live in India or Pak. But they support the cricket teams. In this scenario the allegiance is skin colour and culture. In the Indo-Pak one it might be religion. Look, I find it INCREIDBLY bizarre that some muslims in India support Pak vs India. But I think -strange losers, and accept it because so what? As Lurker and PK rightly point out, its a sport and in no way a symbol of citizenship nor a measure of patriotism. If there WAS a war and these people supported Pakistan -then that would be a different matter completely and theyre traitors.
The funniest thing, or maybe not so much, is that the people who question some Indians loyalty are not Indians in the first place! They have either switched their passport to a Western passport, or are already in the process of doing so. :winky:
It is funny. I feel hypocritical trying to defend Indian Muslims when really I am not that much of an Indian myself. I dont even feel qualified to comment as I do not know enough. The UK nationalists, BNP and such like who want all 'non indigenous' people to leave the islands- well they have far more of an effect on me